Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America Complementary Session Check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun while it lasted, if true. I only logged about 160 kwh from free EA charging so far. Curious what others have gotten free, if you’ve kept track.

I’m still at about 50% SOC so not really worth it for me to take a dedicated trip to check it out but maybe I’ll stop by in the next few days if I’m in the area of an EA location.
I milked it for around 600 kWh. But I drive a lot, lol. And this includes two road trips for work.

Reactions: DesertSilver
I don’t care how good the pizza is, if the guy has a bad attitude I’ll go to the nearest chain instead and get merely acceptable pizza. The only way people like that learn is by hitting their wallet. And if they prefer to go out of business rather than learn and adjust, it’s no loss.
These are two separate businesses in one.

The 48 North Pizzeria is awesome with awesome people, but they're not allowed to serve any drink or even water.

The Taphouse has the horribly angry old man

It's one of those conflicted things where you don't want to hurt the pizza people, but at the same time you don't want to do business with Mr. Bad Attitude.

Tried out my new CCS adapter on EA in Federal Way WA. Worked fine but was .43cents per kW so missed out on free juice. Adapter was not too hard to install/ remove but I think my wife who has MS would have some trouble wrestling the fat cable by herself.

Tried out my new CCS adapter on EA in Federal Way WA. Worked fine but was .43cents per kW so missed out on free juice. Adapter was not too hard to install/ remove but I think my wife who has MS would have some trouble wrestling the fat cable by herself.
I think the free juice is over in WA at least... I've now used EA in Vancouver, Lacey, Renton, Kirkland, and Redmond... None of them were free this week... But I used the exact same chargers about 2 weeks ago, and they were all free at the time.

IMG_8301.jpeg
IMG_8304.jpeg

Turlock and Oakhurst

Curious what others have gotten free, if you’ve kept track.
FA04272E-D608-4AB3-BCE5-E56805F7681C_1_201_a.jpeg

Wish I had started earlier... I didn't even try it until the 10th or so, missed half to almost a full week of free charging. Then just sat around not planning any trips as I was SURE it would be over before I got back from traveling. I tried to leave for the trip to Vegas the previous week but was stopped by a flat tire (and a bout of afib). Could have gotten so many more kWhs. Since the EA app wasn't involved I don't know precisely how much free charging I got, but I bet my Tezlab app could be parsed for the details if anyone else is close

Reactions: Art84
Waco, TX
Was a headache to change... 3 stations were not ready, one that initially connected charged for free for a few min and then disconnected because of the station error. Tried other "ready" station, no free charging, offered to make a payment, but didn't accept the EA pass or credit card. Returned to initial "free" station, tried again. Free charging but had to reconnect 2 times because of the station errors again. Eventually charged from 15% to 50% to be able to continue the trip 😐

Trip from Dallas to Gran Canyon
Free EA charing were in:
- Santa Rosa, NM
- Gallup, NM

The other stops at Winslow AZ and Williams AZ were not free.
In Williams AZ it’s the ONLY charger available for entire city. No level 2 chargers or any other options to charge. I met one lady at 2019 Model 3 trying to figure out how to get a charging, I wanted to help but unfortunately her Model 3 does not support CCS adapter.

Trip from Dallas to Gran Canyon
Free EA charing were in:
- Santa Rosa, NM
- Gallup, NM

The other stops at Winslow AZ and Williams AZ were not free.
In Williams AZ it’s the ONLY charger available for entire city. No level 2 chargers or any other options to charge. I met one lady at 2019 Model 3 trying to figure out how to get a charging, I wanted to help but unfortunately her Model 3 does not support CCS adapter.
Good on you for trying.