Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Bear across Europe (and beyond)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To early to go home.
20171024_214553.jpg
Haha, beyond the borders.
First time in France.
At the supercharger in Lille.
8 chargers now, and they make 8 extra.:)
20171024_222209.jpg 20171024_222301.jpg

Thanks for keeping track and updating the stats, @Half Dollar Bill.

I can't read EB's mind, but something tells me he may be going on a big road trip in a couple of days.
I just discovered you can paste links into the wiki so I've referenced this thread there to help others follow your journey.

I am currently planning my calendar for the next few weeks.
20171026_180341.jpg 20171026_181038.jpg 20171026_181028.jpg
From October 31 to November 6 I'm on tour with some forum members. Around November 7th I'm back.
20171026_180638.jpg
From 23 November to 10 December I also have a reservation for a trip.
20171026_180724.jpg
So, according to my calculation, I'm still free between November 8 and November 22.
Who has plans for a road trip or holiday with the Tesla and would like to take me with them? :cool:
You can send a PM @S-19910 or @Xfrank
FYI, I have never driven a Model X, Roadster or Model 3!;)

Hey EB, what if you met some Italian/Swiss/French/Austrian/Spanish/whatever driver on your road trip between 31 October and 6 November. Would you dare climb into her or his car, to destinations yet unknown?

Hey EB, what if you met some Italian/Swiss/French/Austrian/Spanish/whatever driver on your road trip between 31 October and 6 November. Would you dare climb into her or his car, to destinations yet unknown?

hi Carl.
At the moment I'm a little scared of this. When I go with non-members, there is a big change losing my way and and it's hard to follow me.
The threshold for posting here as a non-member is quite big. You need to register yourself and have a few posts before you can post a picture.
That's why I decided to take the trips in a somewhat safer way and return to my home base every time.
I know it's less spectacular and adventurous, but safer.
I'm a soft pussy-bear;)

Perhaps, after traveling a littlebit, I get more confidence and then go for the big step.

hi Carl.
At the moment I'm a little scared of this. When I go with non-members, there is a big change losing my way and and it's hard to follow me.
The threshold for posting here as a non-member is quite big. You need to register yourself and have a few posts before you can post a picture.
That's why I decided to take the trips in a somewhat safer way and return to my home base every time.
I know it's less spectacular and adventurous, but safer.
I'm a soft pussy-bear;)

Perhaps, after traveling a littlebit, I get more confidence and then go for the big step.
Maybe ask in the other European TMC subfora if you can hitch a ride with them?

This would be way more fun if it was just random, passing to strangers at sucs, not knowing where EB goes.
Now it feels a bit strange, to much staged.
Just my 2cents.
100% agree if he has an automatic tracking system. Where is the part of the fun if nobody knows where he is after a couple of weeks.
As we all know, the change is very small that you meet someone at the suc that heard about TMC.

Reactions: E. Bear
EB will gain confidence in his travels, learning to distinguish between a Tesla stranger and a well-intentioned forum member who will keep us posted ànd will see to it that the next driver will do the same (or why not even an ill-intentioned one, who wants a ransom to liberate EB, how cool would that be... hm, I think I'm onto something there).

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a day Frank pathetically starts singing :

Hier laat ik je los, Beer,
Van hieraf moet je gaan
Met vallen en opstaan
Van hieraf moet je gaan
Ikzelf geef je niets mee
Dan lofzang voor je jeugd

(and I hope he stops signing at that point, or we'll all be in tears. NB: really not worth translating; it's just a very corny song about the day you must 'let your child go' :))

• Funny
Reactions: S-19910
100% agree if he has an automatic tracking system. Where is the part of the fun if nobody knows where he is after a couple of weeks.
As we all know, the change is very small that you meet someone at the suc that heard about TMC.

No ofcourse not, if you give EB to someone else you should say he is obliged to post pictures of where he goes on TMC or on a special site made for EB's travels (where it's really easy to post pics on from your cellphone).
If he doesn't care or want to, then don't give EB with that person.
It needs some goodwill and with proper explenation it will work.

Reactions: simonsmidt

Misschien is de TK STAR TK905 wel een optie voor EB. Met 170g zal die niet zwaar op z'n maag liggen (en anders is er nog de LK208 die maar 145g weegt). De 5000mAh Li-ion zou het 90 dagen uithouden. Er is geofencing mogelijk zodat EB niet onopgemerkt kan ontsnappen uit Europa en dankzij de ingebouwde gyroscoop wordt ook beweging geregistreerd zodat de GPS en GSM modules slapen als EB slaapt. Je kan met een pay&go kaartje van 5 euro werken via SMS (locatie en status telkens manueel opvragen via SMS) of met een M2M simkaartje van 2 euro per maand (live volgen mogelijk na activatie dataverbinding door trigger of SMS). Het ding kost 30 euro plus 6 euro verzending. Chinese brol, maar het werkt wel, ik heb er zelf eentje ;-)

• Informative
Reactions: FrankNL