Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does that mean no beta rollout for us for an additional week?
And will people need to maintain the 100 safety score for 2 weeks now to be part of the initial on-ramp? Seems like the safety score will normally track up to the last 30 days but also a minimum of 1 day… Can someone request FSD Beta Friday October 8th and drive 0.1 miles scoring 100 and get selected when 10.2 goes out Saturday 9th? 🤔

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
As usual, Elon is tweeting from the hip. I suspect additional caveats of distance, days of observation with minimum distance per day, geographic location, will be added to prioritize the first group of qualifiers with scores over 99.5, between now and the release.

Adding these caveats would not conflict with the above tweets. 1000 owners per day is a lot though, and if they go only by score as the primary determinant, they may run out of 100 scores with decent mileage…and then will have to decide whether to grant access to 99s before some low mileage 100s (which would conflict with tonight’s tweets).

And yeah, in the event Beta access is granted…who knows what sort of score would need to be maintained. Driving normally, scores will be generally pretty awful. Not sure exactly what they would tend to drop to - of course I haven’t tested that! I’d guess with my normal driving I’d typically be in the mid 80s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias

And yeah, in the event Beta access is granted…who knows what sort of score would need to be maintained. Driving normally, scores will be generally pretty awful. Not sure exactly what they would tend to drop to - of course I haven’t tested that! I’d guess with my normal driving I’d typically be in the mid 80s.
Do you think they may roll out some safety metric for when you're driving on Beta? I mean, once they give you Beta it doesn't matter so much if you're a safe driver while you're just driving around without Beta turned on. What matters at that point is how you behave ON beta, and that would involve driver monitoring and how you override Beta's decisions?

Do you think they may roll out some safety metric for when you're driving on Beta? I mean, once they give you Beta it doesn't matter so much if you're a safe driver while you're just driving around without Beta turned on. What matters at that point is how you behave ON beta, and that would involve driver monitoring and how you override Beta's decisions?
Yeah, it's possible it could be something that simple, something totally different than the Safety Score. I guess it depends on how capable their monitoring is. It seems hard from monitoring alone to determine who is doing a good job with Beta though. I'd be looking for a high intervention rate as a good sign, I think!

The Safety Score makes more sense as a screening strategy for finding people who can follow instructions and exhibit self-control (which illustrates desire to participate in the Beta I suppose). Not much sense after entering the Beta.

Sounds like a lot of people that knowingly engage in bad driving habits are going to be trying to change behavior. 1000 a week. My take is that some aggressive drivers are going to be far down the que and will be the biggest whiners.

I think the biggest whiners could be the folks who paid for FSD back in 2016-17. They've literally been waiting years for FSD. It's not fair to them that they have to wait while some newcomer who subscribed to FSD last month and drove 20 miles like a grandma last week, gets in ahead of them.

Tesla could still weight the safety score into the calculation but I think priority should be given to people based on when they paid for FSD. So if you paid for FSD in 2016 but have a score of 60, you don't get in. But if you paid for FSD in 2016 and have a score of say 90, you get in before someone who paid for FSD last month and has a score 100.

FSDbeta group is using 10.1 right now. The "Button" group will probably be on this or another build.

Tesla will always have internal builds to test on a smaller fleet(s) before integrating and deploying wider. I imagine the FSDbeta group will be at least one step ahead of the Button group for a while.

Ok…so Elon just corrected himself that 10.2 rolling out a week from Friday…does that mean no beta rollout for us for an additional week? Damn it…

You're really hoping for -1000, 0, or for Tesla to finally declare bankwuptcy, right? ;)

A thousand a day doesn't sound too bad. And crossing my fingers, maybe the number per day will increase. Also maybe less people than we think are actually interested in being beta testers on a roller coaster ride.