Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a Silicon Valley Tesla Club video where the car avoided a tree that was randomly in the middle of a road, and also a Dirty Tesla video where it finally avoided a Road Closed sign.

In both cases the response was super jerky and it barely made it... but the car clearly did react to something that it wasn't strictly programmed to recognize.

Are these not examples of the "UFO Response", or am I thinking of something different?
Maybe? They were probably just response to the "drivable space" or lane markers output of the neural net. Though the beauty of Tesla's approach is that you can read into it whatever you want because the behavior is so unpredictable. Everyone sees in it what they want to see.

Reactions: Dan D.
Maybe? They were probably just response to the "drivable space" or lane markers output of the neural net. Though the beauty of Tesla's approach is that you can read into it whatever you want because the behavior is so unpredictable. Everyone sees in it what they want to see.
I was surprised thinking you were being complimentary with "the beauty of Tesla's approach...". Then I finishing reading and all is normal 🤣

I guess now with Public Beta, access can be suspended instead of revoked? Saw this getting shared:

fsd beta suspended.jpg

Although unclear if "upcoming software release" just means wide release without requiring Safety Score.

Well, ok. Thanks for sharing my own intent with me. I'll make sure to relay your comment to myself for proper appreciation.
Sorry for the ambiguity. Meant being defensive about Elon. The opposite of defensive is offensive or attacking.
You said: give the guy a break. The opposite would be to: break the guy.
You tried to give him credit. The opposite would be to take away from him.
Seems to meet the definition of being defensive about Elon.

Last edited: