Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon is also more incorrect than most.
This is exactly the reason most other corporate types never give straight answers. They don't want to be "caught" being wrong. When things are tought - they hide - like Tim "Apple" never says anything about their EV efforts, for eg.

BTW, do you know how many times Audi said they would bring a new EV to market "next year/In 2 years" ? I don't think you are counting all those. I remember (my ex-CEO) Ballmer being incorrect about so many things, so many times. I don't think Elon would come close.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I don't buy any of the timelines these manufacturers are putting out, Tesla definitely isn’t alone in that respect.

On the flip side, Apple tends to keep things on the down-low until they’re ready with a polished product, then they come out of left field and blow everything else out of the water. And that’s coming from someone whose only Apple products are iPhones and maybe an iPod or two back in the day. But there’s something to be said for not promising anything and leaving your customers pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed.

Frankly I think if any of these companies had a secret sauce or something, they’d have it under wraps and wouldn’t be making grandiose public claims. When you have a massive edge in something, you usually try to preserve that edge for as long as possible and not be showing your cards along the way. When you show your cards, you open yourself up to competition trying to emulate and beat you to the punch.

Reactions: Sporty

I would be shocked if Tesla does not achieve Full Self-Driving that is safer than human drivers this year​

B7D1F26D-01C5-4CDF-86F0-68F194EFAE2B.jpeg

Is Tesla alone in taking people's money and not delivering? I.E. Automatic driving in city streets coming by end of 2019, on the order page for FSD.
Oh I know man, there are other respects were Tesla is on their own

Maybe some of this could be excused early on because they were such a new company with not much cash flow to finance their own R&D, but there surely were better routes. And they have lots of cash now to spend on this stuff so...

I mean people have paid this money, sometimes multiple times over the years, for a product that still isn't viable and where they need to jump through Safety Score hoops to be allowed to do unpaid driver testing/development for the software they bought.

This should become a case study in business or psychology or something

Oh I know man, there are other respects were Tesla is on their own

Maybe some of this could be excused early on because they were such a new company with not much cash flow to finance their own R&D, but there surely were better routes. And they have lots of cash now to spend on this stuff so...

I mean people have paid this money, sometimes multiple times over the years, for a product that still isn't viable and where they need to jump through Safety Score hoops to be allowed to do unpaid driver testing/development for the software they bought.

This should become a case study in business or psychology or something
And if you let the FSD do the driving for you while you try to reach the safety score needed to get FSD Beta? Chances are you wont get there as the regen braking and other aspects have shown by many on the forum, to be so aggressive? It is deemed unsafe, thus, the score drops.

YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP. lol

And if you let the FSD do the driving for you while you try to reach the safety score needed to get FSD Beta? Chances are you wont get there as the regen braking and other aspects have shown by many on the forum, to be so aggressive? It is deemed unsafe, thus, the score drops.

YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP. lol
This is incorrect.

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 4.15.57 PM.png

Are you sure? I've been on drives and the car's own behavior (following, braking, etc) has never counted against my scores. Now, if I, as a human, apply the brakes (which drops the car out of AP) that human-instigated hard braking action is indeed counted.

This has been my experience, anyway.

yeah, thats not what many have reported here.

If I had to go with the word of actual drivers/owners vs the word of Tesla? Based on Tesla's history of statements not being factual? Imma go with the owners..

This is one where the handful of owners got it wrong. AP doesn't penalize SS. The people reporting it likely incurred a penalty outside of AP use and didn't realize it. Pretty easy to make the mistake given there's no immediate feedback when you got dinged.

The people who got really into the weeds of the scoring mechanics were able to leverage AP and other tricks to get high safety scores early on.

If I had to go with the word of actual drivers/owners vs the word of Tesla? Based on Tesla's history of statements not being factual? Imma go with the owners..
I'm a Beta tester and know for a FACT that this is correct. Was driving in the HOV lane on AP with a 98 and traffic backed up. A car cut out into the HOV lane right in front of the car in front of me and had a full AP FCW brake lockup event. Safety score stated the same and no Hard Braking event.

I then went on a long road trip and used AP the entire way and got my score up from 98 to 100 using AP.

Reactions: Yelobird

If you spent less time reporting and embellishing on what Others post you might actually enjoy your car. Lol. And you were wrong (or where ever you read it and made it fact was wrong.)

If you spent less time reporting and embellishing on what Others post you might actually enjoy your car. Lol. And you were wrong (or where ever you read it and made it fact was wrong.)
I’m not paying for FSD like others so I truly couldn’t care less about a fake “score”. LOL! Here is what’s fake. Ready? “Pay for FSD and you can get from NYC to LA by 2018 with no human input.” 😂🤣