Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: FSD Beta v9 in three weeks (around June 15th)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This same group of busy body whiners are like watching neighbourhood gossip groups getting together to feed.

It’s a side amusement I guess. :)

It will be interesting to see where these majestic gatherers focus their gossip and whining after the release.
Like death and taxes, they will need to feed the busy body whining group with something.

We all (anyone that has paid for FSD anyway) want this to be delivered as soon as possible. That we all agree with.

However, while still amusing in a pathetic kind of way, the whining busy body focus group is getting old, or at least annoyingly predictable. ;)

However, while still amusing in a pathetic kind of way, the whining busy body focus group is getting old, or at least annoyingly predictable. ;)

Maybe...but for me the concern is not so much the lack of the "button", it's more that Elon's credibility when it comes to FSD just keeps sinking to new lows. I get "Elon time" and always factored it in when trying to guesstimate delivery times (actually to my detriment since my Model 3 was available almost a year before I actually expected it).

I work with someone with a personality very much like Elon: someone who regularly ignores those "little" details (that wind up being significant issues) when setting targets. And usually I'm okay with that kind of thing. It takes people like that to really push the more conservative among us to progress.

But in the case of FSD, and particularly these kind of near term "next week", "10 days", "a couple of weeks" type outlooks, it honestly makes me wonder if Elon has any real grasp of what's actually happening within the FSD team, much less any awareness of the quantity and magnitude of the problems that need to be solved. I respect him immensely, but the longer this goes on, I do begin to question how in touch he is with what's going on in his company, and if he's that out of touch with the FSD team, are there other areas where he is basically just talking out of his rear?

Maybe...but for me the concern is not so much the lack of the "button", it's more that Elon's credibility when it comes to FSD just keeps sinking to new lows. I get "Elon time" and always factored it in when trying to guesstimate delivery times (actually to my detriment since my Model 3 was available almost a year before I actually expected it).

I work with someone with a personality very much like Elon: someone who regularly ignores those "little" details (that wind up being significant issues) when setting targets. And usually I'm okay with that kind of thing. It takes people like that to really push the more conservative among us to progress.

But in the case of FSD, and particularly these kind of near term "next week", "10 days", "a couple of weeks" type outlooks, it honestly makes me wonder if Elon has any real grasp of what's actually happening within the FSD team, much less any awareness of the quantity and magnitude of the problems that need to be solved. I respect him immensely, but the longer this goes on, I do begin to question how in touch he is with what's going on in his company, and if he's that out of touch with the FSD team, are there other areas where he is basically just talking out of his rear?

He's also profoundly out of touch with his customers. Not surprising that one of the richest men in the world doesn't understand how frustrating it is to deal with the things that we peasants have to deal with courtesy of his company, but nonetheless…