Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon in Munich on Jan 30, 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least it seems to be recording. if you hit the stop button and restart (in screen, no need to restart app), it starts again briefly from the point you got kicked out, and you can see that there is a buffer now, so if we are patient we should be able to see the whole thing eventually.

I don't think it stopped livestream service, just overloaded with viewers

On why Gen III is 3 years away....

Elon: We have to earn our way towards the necessary capital for equipment, and we need to build the battery factory. Significant design work still needed to make the car easier to build.

JB: We don't need to invent anything new, it just take time.

Here also, but I caught Elon saying it was just a reactive change they had to make and that they had also fixed it pretty quickly. It sounded like he used past tense, that the auto-lowering etc. was "fixed"

it is already "fixed" and already in some cars (not rolled out to ours yet) ... hence why I stopped participating in the 'air suspension no longer lowering thread' after receiving confirmation that's it's already done and back and just a matter of time now for the firmware rollout to occur.

did he just say the giga-factory would be running in 2-3 years?

It would have to be to ship GenIII. There is not enough battery capacity in the world. But we'll most likely find out on Feb 19th at the earnings announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that was general, the question was about the two models staying contemporary. (But we already know that the SuperSport is coming....)

Funny how JB just responded to the AWD S question ;)