Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon is still throwing out pedophile accusations. He has learned nothing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“He’s an old, single white guy from England who’s been traveling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time," the email continued.
Musk reportedly went further, saying that "I f***** hope" that Unsworth sues him
Sounds like Elon thinks he has evidence of the guys guilt. Maybe it's legal to marry a 12 year old in Thailand. If it's legal in Thailand, but considered pedophilia in the US, does that still make the guy a pedo?

Sounds like Elon thinks he has evidence of the guys guilt. Maybe it's legal to marry a 12 year old in Thailand. If it's legal in Thailand, but considered pedophilia in the US, does that still make the guy a pedo?

I highly doubt Elon had evidence at the time of the original tweet, and it was sent in anger.

That doesn't mean Elon hasn't dug something up since that tweet. After all there is a reason for the stereotype of expats living in Thailand.

I would say he's a pedo if it's indeed true. If I go to Thailand to see a underage girl there then I'm considered a criminal as far as the US is concerned. The second I came back I'd be arrested.

From Dondy:
Why not in China or Russia?There should be a reason for a case. In this case it's or California or Thailand.

Because the chap who will be suing is from England, spends half his time there, does business there, has a reputation to protect there, it was published there as much or more than anywhere and it is the (for him) most favourable jurisdiction.

I'd guess not China or Russia or Thailand or California because, ehm, his lawyers are more competent at their job than you?

Last edited:
From Dondy:
Why not in China or Russia?There should be a reason for a case. In this case it's or California or Thailand.

Because the chap who will be suing is from England, spends half his time there, does business there, has a reputation to protect there, it was published there as much or more than anywhere and it is the (for him) most favourable jurisdiction.

I'd guess not China or Russia or Thailand or California because, ehm, his lawyers are more competent at their job than you?
Not tired yet? Trivial 15 sec search provides obvious detail.
A court does not have jurisdiction to hear and determine an action to which this section applies unless the court is satisfied that, of all the places in which the statement complained of has been published, England and Wales is clearly the most appropriate place in which to bring an action in respect of the statement.

In-spite of some people want to believe even London is not some wild jungle. At least not yet.

Not tired yet? Trivial 15 sec search provides obvious detail.

In-spite of some people want to believe even London is not some wild jungle. At least not yet.

Yes, for the reasons already stated England and Wales is clearly the most appropriate place in which to bring an action in respect of the statement ... unless you show otherwise.

Also, I may add both parties speak English, which is another reason why not Thailand, Russia or China.

Why has this happened... well the guy insulted Elon’s engineering prowess, and told him crudely where to stick his submarine. Elon called him a peado, which is about the worst thing you can say about anybody. Then when he didn’t sue, Elon goaded him further... so now he is suing... that is what has happened right?

For a clever man, he is being incredibly stupid. I don’t know how he will get out of this without paying a lot of money and apologising fulsomely...

Hmmn? I saw a literal bunch of 7-year old girls this morning and it regularly happens in this country without anyone passing the least remark.

When I said "see" I really meant more than that.

Maybe it doesn't translate well or maybe I should have been more clear.

In any case it doesn't look like Elon came up with any verifiable dirt on the guy so Elon gets to pay settle which apparently is his favorite thing to do because he couldn't just let it go.

Reactions: OPRCE
Interesting. Elon says what he honestly thinks and feels.

Not sure the world is ready for someone like that.

Politically correct is not my favorite trend.

There is a huge difference between uptight politically correct people, and someone in a position of power calling someone a Pedo with zero evidence to back it up.

What ever became of being respectfully blunt?

Reactions: slipnslider
When I said "see" I really meant more than that.

Maybe it doesn't translate well or maybe I should have been more clear.

Yes, I knew that but was subtly mocking the prudish North American habit of talking around sex with coy insinuations. ;)

However, probing further in the "didn't translate well" vein, it struck me as exceedingly odd when Musk blurted out that Unsworth "suggested I engage in a sexual act with the mini-sub."

The observation that "you can go stick it up your arse" is an innocent but wilfully rude statement of fact traditionally used as the ultimate dismissal in (not only) the English language, denoting that the object/person concerned is more than useless and a complete waste of time under the circumstances.

Honestly, who, having even a rudimentary grasp of the lingo, can think it otherwise? So was this a genuine thought process or a calculated fake to yank the chains of the paedo-hunting mob and evade consequences of libel in the hysteria?

Yes, I knew that but was subtly mocking the prudish North American habit of talking around sex with coy insinuations. ;)

However, probing further in the "didn't translate well" vein, it struck me as exceedingly odd when Musk blurted out that Unsworth "suggested I engage in a sexual act with the mini-sub."

The observation that "you can go stick it up your arse" is an innocent but wilfully rude statement of fact traditionally used as the ultimate dismissal in (not only) the English language, denoting that the object/person concerned is more than useless and a complete waste of time under the circumstances.

Honestly, who, having even a rudimentary grasp of the lingo, can think it otherwise? So was this a genuine thought process or a calculated fake to yank the chains of the paedo-hunting mob and evade consequences of libel in the hysteria?

Yeah, Elon's interpretation of "suggested I engage in a sexual act with a mini-sub" doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Like you I see it as an ultimate dismissal, and that's how I interpreted it.

To me that's a twisted interpretation designed to make Elon look more like a victim.

Plus Elon knew Unsworth was British, and if Top Gear is any indication they have creative ways to insult everyone.

I can't wrap my head around Elon's reaction because Elon had written proof that he was ASKED to be involved. He didn't just force himself into the situation which was Unsworth's main beef with Elon.

Yeah, Elon's interpretation of "suggested I engage in a sexual act with a mini-sub" doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Like you I see it as an ultimate dismissal, and that's how I interpreted it.

To me that's a twisted interpretation designed to make Elon look more like a victim.

Plus Elon knew Unsworth was British, and if Top Gear is any indication they have creative ways to insult everyone.

I can't wrap my head around Elon's reaction because Elon had written proof that he was ASKED to be involved. He didn't just force himself into the situation which was Unsworth's main beef with Elon.

Maybe a comfort animal can help? I envision Elon leading a pot-belly pig on a leash around the Gigafactory ...

So, Mr Unsworth's legal eagles have finally gotten around to filing those defamation lawsuits, separately in California and London:
British diver sues Elon Musk for $75,000 over 'pedo' claim

They are aiming for a modest amount in damages, so apparently are willing to let him off with a light rap over the knuckles and a proper apology, if he has the good sense to take them up on the offer ... which I very much doubt.