Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk at D11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She says "It's not like you mouth off at a NY Times report" to bait him into disclosing the Supercharging announcement ahead of time.

Elon select quotes (verbatim)

I might as well let the cat out of the bag.

Dramatic acceleration of the supercharging network.

By the end of next month we will have tripled the supercharger area.

It's Walt's fault.

By the end of this year will have covered most of the major metro areas of US and Southern Canada.

Drive from LA to NY just using the SC network.

Density is not as good as it should be

Increasing geographic scope

She says "It's not like you mouth off at a NY Times report" to bait him into disclosing the Supercharging announcement ahead of time.

Elon select quotes (verbatim)

I might as well let the cat out of the bag.

Dramatic acceleration of the supercharging network.

By the end of next month we will have tripled the supercharger area.

It's Walt's fault.

By the end of this year will have covered most of the major metro areas of US and Southern Canada.

Drive from LA to NY just using the SC network.

Density is not as good as it should be

Increasing geographic scope

I think that today's Supercharger announcement will open up the eyes of a number of people who are really trying hard to keep them shut, as they just don't want to accept it that Elon Musk is doing great things for us all. Some of them are going to have to throw the towel in the ring after today's Supercharger announcement.

I think that today's Supercharger announcement will open up the eyes of a number of people who are really trying hard to keep them shut, as they just don't want to accept it that Elon Musk is doing great things for us all. Some of them are going to have to throw the towel in the ring after today's Supercharger announcement.

BENZ +1000

That time is going to come soon, but it will happen quickly.

As soon as you can drive from LA to NY in 3 days, it's completely over.

One thing: the last question the guy asked about how Tesla was going to handle it's servicing as it gets bigger and he said something about dealerships. I thought Elon was going to go into that problem, but he stayed focused just the servicing part. It seemed like he didn't understand the guys question or maybe I didn't. hahaha. Also, I thought part of what makes an EV so great is not having to service it so often, but the guys question made it seem like there was going to be a lot of that happening.

Maybe Model S owners on here can shed some light? Besides the occasional dent/scratch/tech malfunction, what is there?

As soon as you can drive from LA to NY in 3 days, it's completely over.

I love driving and have nothing against very long distance road trips, but, in 2013 I don't see a significant part of the market wanting to travel multi-day car trips instead of air for routine travel. Maybe for vacations, to visit national parks, go to Vegas, etc., but this isn't the 1940s, 50s, or 60s when gas was cheap and Route 66 beckoned.

I hope Elon's "LA to NY" thing doesn't get pushed around too much because I think it could backfire.

One thing: the last question the guy asked about how Tesla was going to handle it's servicing as it gets bigger and he said something about dealerships. I thought Elon was going to go into that problem, but he stayed focused just the servicing part. It seemed like he didn't understand the guys question or maybe I didn't. hahaha. Also, I thought part of what makes an EV so great is not having to service it so often, but the guys question made it seem like there was going to be a lot of that happening.

Maybe Model S owners on here can shed some light? Besides the occasional dent/scratch/tech malfunction, what is there?

There are multiple threads detailing the issues people are having. Good news is, Tesla is taking care of them and making it right. While Elon said service is improving, I think that really depends on where you live. If the service center is in an area of few cars, service is great. In the highest concentration areas like LA and the Bay Area, still needs improvement. I sense that they are expanding and training as fast as they can, but it's a numbers game right now.

Biggest complaint I read about is communication across departments. People get exasperated by issues that are not passed on to the correct people. This is tough in any organization, but since people paid top dollar for their cars, they expect Tesla to be better than the rest in this area. Can't blame them......