Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on Jimmy Kimmel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a bit harsh. I don't think SpaceX is a waste of time.

Let me qualify my comment, then.
1) Time allotted to Musk seemed like 1/2 or 1/3rd that allotted to Kelly Rippa. 5 minutes? Like an add on?
2) For this board, the emphasis is on Tesla, not SpaceX, so it lacked "our" focus.
3) I'd never watched the show and it seemed very corny. It lacked any type of "seriousness" like Jay Leno.
4) SpaceX doesn't need selling. Not to the public - that audience. Continued exposure to Tesla; it's momentum is. So with all the recent publicity, I would have focused in Tesla. Not belittling SpaceX either.

While we are all used to hearing Elon trademark stammer / stuttering, borderline echolalia ? (no offence to him whatsoever), the studio audience, (not being used to it) may not have even been able to pull the words out with the commotion (music, applause, Kimmel talking over him etc.) that never seemed to dissipate?
We've been spoiled listening to him in so many interviews, videos here, and appreciating "Tony Stark", that a 5 minute interview like that does not really do him justice. He's bigger then that.

Last edited:
Hoping for more Tesla content too, so I was disappointed. I hadn't watched the show before and found Kimmel to be very funny (my favorite was the barbershop bit). But I did feel a bit let down by the general lack of content, it seemed like a "here's a guy that's done a lot of cool stuff", not much in the way of plugs. Getting Kimmel in a Model S for a test drive while doing an interview would have been cool.