Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk selling shares - and Elon Charity sells

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SEC FORM 4
SEC FORM 4

Elon_trust.PNG

Attachments

• Elon-Dumps-TSLA.PNG
    Elon-Dumps-TSLA.PNG
    70.7 KB · Views: 48
You cluelessly move from one topic to the next, eh? Elon didn't dump TSLA. He increased his holdings overall, donated 1.2 million shares to charity and sold only enough shares to cover tax withholding on an option exercise expiring in December which was ~$210 in the money - so gigantic tax bill that he cannot float without selling to cover, much like the rest of us mere mortals.

Trust me, you don't want to bother trying to debate this one. There might be limits on how people can respond to your Fukuta nonsense but you will go nowhere with this FUD. Try something else, mkay?

Thank god there are folks like you boys. 2018 Puts are cheap as dirt - please keep believing in Elon and his fraud. My profits from shorts I convert into PUT positions - when bankruptcy happens. XXOOXXXXXOOXXOO

Please keep up the fight - and keep allowing me to use my Profits to expand my PUT positions. XXOOOXXX God love you,

Fukuta supply role to Tesla

I plan on posting this in every thread you start, just to head off anyone that may be unaware of the sole reason you post on this forum.

This article explains it properly, I think. Elon Musk is about to do something weird for a billionaire, pay ~$600 million in taxes

Quote: "When the CEO of a company sells a large amount of shares, it is generally perceived as a bad sign, but in this case, Tesla makes an effort to highlight that Musk is selling the shares “solely in order to pay income taxes related to previously reported stock option exercises” and that he is overall a net buyer in the transaction.
Tesla is referring to two different occasions in the past few months when Musk exercised over $100 million worth of stock options, but he didn’t sell any at the time to cover the taxes."

As usual, member @Avenger fails to accurately analyze the data he refers to.

Since there is a $600 million infusion into the company. I am curious. Did Elon give the company the $600 million? From what I understand, he got 5.5 million shares which equals out to more than $1.25 billion. He gave $250 million to charity (also for tax purposes) and paid $600 million in taxes. That leaves the remainder to go to Tesla?

Also, does anyone know what charity Elon gave $250 million to?

Since there is a $600 million infusion into the company. I am curious. Did Elon give the company the $600 million? From what I understand, he got 5.5 million shares which equals out to more than $1.25 billion. He gave $250 million to charity (also for tax purposes) and paid $600 million in taxes. That leaves the remainder to go to Tesla?

Also, does anyone know what charity Elon gave $250 million to?

Read the article posted above. Musk's transaction is completely separate from Tesla's capital raise of $1.4B.

I understand that OP is throwing out FUD because he is short Tesla, but can anybody explain why EM would not wait for 12 months in order to reduce Capital Gains tax ?

Oh, and who is the charity ?

Addendum: Perhaps I understand...
Tax is due the year the options are exercised. Right ?

Last edited: