TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon Musk's secret project

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Axel, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Axel

Axel Member

#1 Axel, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
    I was reading this article and stumbled upon this little gem of a quote:

He was speaking about the planned sub-$30,000 vehicle scheduled for ~2016. I'm assuming it has to be some sort of new battery tech they're working on. Going out on a limb, I'd say it's new way to manufacture the battery cheaply, not Li-S. But I suppose it could be anything.

Any good speculation about what the secret project could be?

Edit: Original link. http://www.onpointradio.org/2009/09/teslas-elon-musk-on-a-sub-30000-electric-car

2. Tdave

Tdave Member

Elon talks to much. It won't be a secret for long. Also, notice it says "potential" secret project. I'm guessing it was conceived within recent weeks, and is just talk at this point.

3. Chris H.

Chris H. Member

Axel, perhaps you could provide a link to the original article. Knowing when EM said this would be helpful.

4. raymond

raymond Member

5. Axel

Axel Member

Thanks raymond, I thought I had the original link in the first post, but I guess I missed it.

6. Chris H.

Chris H. Member

It could be a production deal with Daimler to ship gliders to the US, with Tesla adding the drive train in the US. Similar to the deal with Lotus for the Roadster.

I have no specific knowledge of this. I'm just suggesting a possibility.

7. Serge

Serge Member

According to the latest update on BlueZero concept
    So Tesla could possibly work on pack integration for the whole platform using Li-Tec's (Mercedes-Evonik JV) cells. However, in that case they would be competing with JV's own offering. Unless CERIO®serve is a system developed by/licensed from Tesla Motors. Oh the possibilities ...