Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: no door handles on the Cybertruck

themorey

Feb 15, 2020
USA
I saw this in the comments in one of the articles about this. The response was a typical pun from Elon. Someone asked "...if you have time on your hand..." so he responded about lack of "hand"-les so no "hand" required.

JG T3SLA

Aug 5, 2018
San Francisco
Even if Elon was enjoying a nice pun, it's still likely the CT won't have handles. The Roadster has no handles:

I could definitely see that capacitive swiping function right on the CT's B pillar enabled by phone key. I'm down for that out here in SF but in cold weather climates, I could see how that could be less than ideal in the icy/winter months.

CyberGus

Not Just a Member
May 5, 2020
Austin, TX
I could definitely see that capacitive swiping function right on the CT's B pillar enabled by phone key. I'm down for that out here in SF but in cold weather climates, I could see how that could be less than ideal in the icy/winter months.

That's what NeuraLink is for

Sledge

Oct 17, 2020
Savannah, GA
FYI there are no door handles on the Ford Mach-E's doors. There's a door popper button, then you just grab the back of the door panel (which is coated in rubber) and pull it open. This is a good idea. Less stuff.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC