TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon rampaging through Germany, severe damage!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mhpr262, Jan 9, 2015.

1. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

#1 mhpr262, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

@mhpr262: No storm here but we are off to Heinrichs Grill tonight for Schweinshaxe and some good Erdinger Weissbier! :)

3. Zextraterrestrial

mmmmmmmm.

my wife ordered a Schweinshaxe when we were at löwenbräu in Baden Baden, the waiter laughed at her and asked if she was sure she really wanted that?....
    It was HUUUGE! maybe 3-5 lb or so:eek:.

4. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

The menu appears to be really original German (apart from the Schnitzels topped with fried eggs, I don't think I have ever seen that here). Enjoy your Weißbier. Can you get the Erdinger "Pikantus" strongbeer there too? My grandmother's partner used to walk all the way to the "Erdinger Weißbräu" inn in our town to have one each time they visited us.

01.jpg

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

The owners are originally from Hamburg; I don't recall if they have the Pikantus but I'll check the full beer listing tonight. Once upon a time I lived in Neufahrn (bei Freising) not far from you.

6. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

I LOLled at the original post - certainly Elon has been rampaging through the Germany in more ways than one. :)

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#8 NigelM, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    Who cares about the weather when you have original German Weissbeer....
    image7.jpg

8. Carefree

Carefree Member

The Schnitzel with the fried egg on top is actually called a "Hollsteiner Schnitzel" and quite common in Germany.

9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

(Holstein is in Northern Germany, the bottom bit of the neck below Denmark.)
    Maine reference: you can get a Holsteinschnitzel at Richards German restaurant in Brunswick. Also has anchovies and served with a couple of salmon canapes for some reason. A friend we go there with always gets one. (Personally I just go for the Zigeunerschnitzel or occasionally a Jägerschnitzel. Their Rotkohl is excellent. Last time we went our friend's two sides were Rotkohl and Rotkohl. Not our favorite restaurant, but good comfort food.)

Back on topic: that wind looks fairly strong, but nothing town-flattening. I think Elon would be disappointed.