Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweet regarding LTE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree! Loading Google Maps goes a lot faster.

So far, after almost 6 months of driving in South East Queensland my 3G connection (Telstra) has worked 99.9999% flawlessly. No more than twice has my audio streaming paused/dropped out and my maps have always loaded without delay.

Before taking delivery I was sceptical that 3G would handle it but I have been proven very wrong on that.

Obviously this could change if network loadings increase but for now, without a browser, I see no pressing need for LTE.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy the upgrade if it were reasonably priced though :)

Not exactly. You start not quite at the South Pole, but enough north of it such that once you've walked towards it (i.e., due south, of course) that you end up at a point on that specific latitude that is exactly one kilometer in diameter (this is going to be very, very close to the SPole indeed. But still not quite there). Thereupon, when you've walked east (or west - it doesn't matter) one kilometer you'll be walking that tiny 1 km circle almost around the SPole, and you'll end up precisely where you started that circumlocutorial second leg, and then you finish the trek by heading back due north - and, of course, following your earlier footsteps right back to where you started. And, because there are an infinite number of points on that 1 km circle, there are an infinite number of possible answers.

And, in addition to the infinite number of possible solutions AudubonB gave you (where the circle is 1/1 km), if you start at a point slightly closer to the south pole, you can walk south 1 km to a point where the the latitude is exactly 0.5 km in diameter (the circle is 1/2 km). Then if you walk 1 km East or West, you will walk in a circle twice, and then you can make the trek back North right back where you started. Likewise you could start at a point where the circle will be 1/3 km, 1/4 km, ...

G'Day Ray. The only correct answer is the North Pole. You can't head 'South' from the South Pole.
If you change the question to :
I go 1 km North, one km West and one km South. I end up at my starting point. Where am I?
The only possible location is the South Pole, and not the North Pole.
As given by DavidB above:
And, in addition to the infinite number of possible solutions AudubonB gave you (where the circle is 1/1 km), if you start at a point slightly closer to the south pole, you can walk south 1 km to a point where the the latitude is exactly 0.5 km in diameter (the circle is 1/2 km). Then if you walk 1 km East or West, you will walk in a circle twice, and then you can make the trek back North right back where you started. Likewise you could start at a point where the circle will be 1/3 km, 1/4 km, ...

As given by DavidB above:

Yeah, except you mean the circumference, not the diameter.