Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously, if these accusations had any factual basis, wouldn't we have heard something about it by now? Thailand is open and accessible. It's not as if you had to verify things on the ground in remote parts of North Korea. I'm quite sure that both local and British journalist have taken more than a casual look into Unsworth's affairs to check out if Musk's accusations are true.

Seriously, if these accusations had any factual basis, wouldn't we have heard something about it by now? Thailand is open and accessible. It's not as if you had to verify things on the ground in remote parts of North Korea. I'm quite sure that both local and British journalist have taken more than a casual look into Unsworth's affairs to check out if Musk's accusations are true.

We would have heard something by now IF the accusations were based in fact.
But we haven't heard anything because they were #fakenews.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash

I would not make that assumption. There are fewer journalists than you think there are, and far fewer investigative journalists than you think there are. I still don't think the accusations are true, but I don't believe there's been nearly enough attention to attract an actual investigative journalist.

Reactions: SpaceCash
I must not have had enough morning coffee to find myself descending into this garbage, but here goes:

Let’s suppose I was moronic enough first to join Twitter, and second to use it as a fairly consistent medium for communication (with those suppositions we’ve already passed beyond the realm of credulousness - and 99 TeslaPoints to whoever states who first neologized that non-word), but let that pass.

Now let’s suppose that my soon-to-be ex-girlfriend, whether from a pique of mischief or of malice, gets into my Twitter account and posts some inflammatory tweets regarding another person...tweets that might be considered libelous.

For all you armchair lawyers out there:

Am I at risk of a libel suit? Can I mount a successful defense, given the above scenarios?

I must not have had enough morning coffee to find myself descending into this garbage, but here goes:

Let’s suppose I was moronic enough first to join Twitter, and second to use it as a fairly consistent medium for communication (with those suppositions we’ve already passed beyond the realm of credulousness - and 99 TeslaPoints to whoever states who first neologized that non-word), but let that pass.

Now let’s suppose that my soon-to-be ex-girlfriend, whether from a pique of mischief or of malice, gets into my Twitter account and posts some inflammatory tweets regarding another person...tweets that might be considered libelous.

For all you armchair lawyers out there:

Am I at risk of a libel suit? Can I mount a successful defense, given the above scenarios?

If said soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend also carried on a conversation over email with a BuzzFeed reporter, also in your name, I'd say your chances are pretty good. If in fact you sent those emails yourself, I see a settlement for an undisclosed amount in your future.

Reactions: schonelucht
This sounds like a word George W Bush would make up. Just a guess.