Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Twitter, for the sake of my auto wipers! Please agree to be bought.
Twitter definitely agrees to be bought!
It’s a question of whether or not Elon actually buys. He says he’ll buy according to the terms of the agreement but his whole argument for killing the deal is that he doesn’t have to buy due to the terms of the agreement. So I’m betting Twitter is going to need to get some more commitment before suspending their case.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Battery swaps? I’d gladly pay a price to upgrade to a BTX6.
I was being sarcastic. Tesla did the battery swap demo only for qualifying for some government assistance program at that time.

You mean BTX6 the treadmill? Great idea. Have the car drive you while you work out and generate electricity? Huh, wont be surprised if anyone else has clued onto this one already.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Twitter definitely agrees to bought! It’s a question of whether or not Elon actually buys. He says he’ll buy according to the terms of the agreement but his whole argument for killing the deal is that he doesn’t have to buy due to the terms of the agreement. So I’m betting Twitter is going to need to get some more commitment before suspending their case.
What? What?

See this is why I had avoided this thread. Time to take a Tylenol and a nap before a meeting I have late evening.

😌

Seems like he is hoping to avoid a judgement to buy the company. Probably hoping that the financing falls through as well

It seems to me he is thinking about the users, and the exposure to all the crap that is on Twitter now. Sitting and waiting for it to go through the court process could be a hassle that delays actually helping people.

We all know that Elon puts people before dollars, every time.

It may be as simple as that. He can afford it, so why haggle over the price when he can just get to work and spend his time fixing things instead of being deposed for the case in court.

It seems to me he is thinking about the users, and the exposure to all the crap that is on Twitter now. Sitting and waiting for it to go through the court process could be a hassle that delays actually helping people.

We all know that Elon put people before dollars, every time.

It may be as simple as that. He can afford it, so why haggle over the price when he can just get to work and spend his time fixing things instead of being deposed for the case in court.
This. He’s not letting perfect be the enemy of good.

Too bad the genius didn't figure that out months ago. Funny though, I thought all this was brilliant maneuvering to get it at a better price, i.e. about money.

I see what you did there. Well played.

4-D chess, IOW.

🥱

Makes total sense! I do this a lot with charitable efforts in my life as well. I pick a needy cause, I commit to donate a lot of money, then I tell them “psych!” once they’ve committed to using it. They sue me and I mock their entire cause publicly for months while I try to get out of my donation. I ask that the court dates be extended longer. Then, I finally realize the world needs good things and just agree to donate the money because I care about the people and not the money.

Best philanthropist ever.

Makes total sense! I do this a lot with charitable efforts in my life as well. I pick a needy cause, I commit to donate a lot of money, then I tell them “psych!” once they’ve committed to using it. They sue me and I mock their entire cause publicly for months while I try to get out of my donation. I ask that the court dates be extended longer. Then, I finally realize the world needs good things and just agree to donate the money because I care about the people and not the money.

Amber Heard?

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman

While you are "mocking their entire cause," are you and others bringing up actual legal problems with what the "needy cause" is doing and which is negatively affecting most of the people they are claiming to be providing a service for?

Oh, wait, you were being sarcastic, weren't you? 🤷‍♂️

Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.