Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sure! If the entity has their own reporting requirements.
Right so I think that’s more of what I was speaking to. Call me crazy, but I do think there will be quite a bit of buy in from investment firms because I said in a previous post…..it isn’t like they can buy in later on. If they want a peice of what Twitter COULD be worth in 3-4 years when Elon takes it to IPO again, their only choice is to buy in now.

And so, if there is a lot of buy in from investment funds like blackrock, we’ll know it eventually and through basic math, we’ll know if Elon has spare cash or not

Last edited:
Right so I think that’s more of what I was speaking to. Call me crazy, but I do think there will be quite a bit of buy in from investment firms because I said in a previous post…..it isn’t like they can buy in later on. If they want a peice of what Twitter COULD be worth in 3-4 when Elon takes it to IPO again, their only choice is to buy in now.

And so, if there is a lot of buy in from investment funds like blackrock, we’ll know it eventually and through basic math, we’ll know if Elon has spare cash or not
Also interesting if they bought in ahead of time which cuts the capital needed.

Reactions: StarFoxisDown!
Again - IF he picked his lots right, AND 3rd Party financing for TWTR holds up, he may have a substantial cash pile. But if he sold old old shares he will pay a LOT of tax (to both Feds and CA state - b/c the shares were granted while he lived there) - over 50% of the sales price could go straight to taxes. In that case, he may have next to no cash pile after he pays for TWTR and the tax man.
Yeah, but it's doubful he would have sold profit rich shares in order to raise cash; and, if he did, then his profits have already been reduced by taxes.

My issue was the idea of yet-to-be-paid taxes.

Yeah, but it's doubful he would have sold profit rich shares in order to raise cash; and, if he did, then his profits have already been reduced by taxes.

My issue was the idea of yet-to-be-paid taxes.

FYI - you don't always have to pay quarterly taxes. There are provisions in the law that if your taxes the prior year were very low and you had a windfall the current year, you can pay them with little to no penalty at filing.

Not a CPA (but family members are, and this is what they tell me).

So, it's not a cut-and-dry that they paid quarterly taxes even if he sold the shares for a profit. Just FYI.

FYI - you don't always have to pay quarterly taxes. There are provisions in the law that if your taxes the prior year were very low and you had a windfall the current year, you can pay them with little to no penalty at filing.

Not a CPA (but family members are, and this is what they tell me).

So, it's not a cut-and-dry that they paid quarterly taxes even if he sold the shares for a profit. Just FYI.
Humm... since he doesn't have withholding and credits equivalent to 90% of his 2021 taxes, I think he's on the hook for estimated quarterlies; however, those can be spread out.
But I'm no CPA.

So it's official I guess.

Quoting this in the correct thread for it

Ha! Here's the letter Musks folks sent to twitter.

Their ONLY condition on closing the deal as originally agreed was the chancery court stopping trial proceedings pending closure of deal.

Sounds like something in either Elons pending deposition and/or the additional just granted discovery around that May 6 email really made them interested in paying full price all of a sudden.

Reactions: CLK350 and JRP3
Quoting this in the correct thread for it

Ha! Here's the letter Musks folks sent to twitter.

Their ONLY condition on closing the deal as originally agreed was the chancery court stopping trial proceedings pending closure of deal.

Sounds like something in either Elons pending deposition and/or the additional just granted discovery around that May 6 email really made them interested in paying full price all of a sudden.
Whatever the motivation, I’m glad to put this behind us already.

Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Status
Not open for further replies.