Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
🍿

"Elon Musk getting booed at Dave Chappelle show Chase Center" | Youtube (Dec 12, 2022)

Understandable: "Chase Center is an indoor arena in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco, California."

They can boo all they want (as Dave said "from the cheap seats"). Soon, all Musk Industries companies will have HQs in Austin, TX. :p

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:

This whole tweet is probably related to the point of this thread. Getting political just pisses off 50% of the population in America and most countries out there as well.

Similar to this thread, no one is going to be convinced with one side of the other based on 1 person and Elon weighing in so blatantly seems like a waste of his/everyone's time since this side or that side isn't going to suddenly agree and buy into 1 ideology for whatever reason, no matter who spouts it.

It's a losers game I feel (his belief getting political is the future of civilization). Has he started to get political in China for the 1.4+ billion folks there?

There are 4 times more people there so maybe getting those folks politically set would weigh more to the whole of civilization where US only has ~330 million people.

He's wasting quite a lot of time on all this. He must not be busy with everything else going on maybe (like us/folks here still browsing this thread).

His audience naturally are left leaning. His fans were pretty upset with Dave for his LGBTQ jokes and even talked about him being canceled during a Netflix gig.

It ain’t a Trump rally, but “woke” people aren’t going to see Chapelle these days. A year ago, no one would have booed him like that.

Are we writing off SF because it’s left-leaning, as if it hasn’t been the top sales market for Tesla this whole time?

Elon and his allies have a controlling interest at the board, so any attempt will fail.

What is needed is for those within Tesla who have built mechanisms and processes to help restrain his worst instincts and harness his brilliance - they need to scale up and find ways to convince him to deputize someone to run Tesla for him while he vents his tribal political spleen on Twitter

Sometimes, failure is the best medicine for everyone. Maybe in 12 months, if demand for Tesla cars has a markedly big drop (more than normal from competition), there is an oversupply of cars due to Elon's antics or Twitter is even worst financially, Elon will course adjust.

I think Elon "IS" Tesla so taking him out won't help Tesla IMO.

Sometimes, failure is the best medicine for everyone. Maybe in 12 months, if demand for Tesla cars has a markedly big drop (more than normal from competition), there is an oversupply of cars due to Elon's antics or Twitter is even worst financially, Elon will course adjust.

I think Elon "IS" Tesla so taking him out won't help Tesla IMO.
And if the opposite happens, what will be the reason?

I didn’t really follow Fauci declarations during the pandemic
I didn’t really follow what he declared to the Congress

But now I read some tweets about Musk and prosecuting Fauci.

Is there something I should know about something Fauci has really done wrong or is it a way to bring more MAGA hatters to buy Cubertrucks?

Is there a 9D 9 dimensions string theory chess move Elon is trying to make to make TSLA stock blossom like never or are we heading into right wing theories?

Please someone reassure my investment that it’s not going to $138 per share
It's a long story of Wall Street fraud, political/media capture and folly that goes back decades, way before Fauci. In short, the same organized crime syndicates that finance Tesla FUD, also, in part, finance "The Science" of covid. People can call Elon an unhinged lunatic all they want, but eventually a more comprehensive story of covid will spread to the masses. Elon is really putting his life on the line for humanity by challenging these politically-entrenched, wealthy, powerful individuals, so yeah, this is very very Tesla related.

I humbly recommend taking a break from the internet and reading "The Real Anthony Fauci: Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public Health" by Harvard-trained lawyer and environmentalist Robert F Kennedy Jr. Both his uncle, President John F. Kennedy, and his father, Senator Robert F. Kennedy Sr. were assassinated while in office. This guy knows a couple of things about money, power and fraud.

A couple more enlightening books: "The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us And What To Do About It," by Marcia Angell, M.D. She spent 20 years as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine. "Doctoring Data," by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, British heart surgeon.

There are hundreds of other books on the subject of medical fraud and folly. It's a pretty eye-opening history. DM me if you want more book titles. I've spent 13 years as a clinical laboratory scientist. We will be talking about covid/Wall Street fraud for the rest of our lives, probably the most significant event of human history.

1993 Nobel Prize winner Dr. Kary Mullis says this of Fauci: "Guys like Fauci get up there and start talking and you know he doesn't know anything about really anything, and I'd say that to his face. Nothing. The man thinks uo can take a blood sample and stick it in an electron microscope and if it's got a virus in there, you'll know it... He doesn't understand electron microscopy and he doesn't understand medicine. And he should not be in the position like he's in. Most of those guys up there on the top are just total administrative people and they don't know anything about what's going on at the bottom. Those guys have got an agenda, which is not what we'd like them to have, being that we pay them to take care of our health in some way. They've got a personal kind of agenda. They make up their own rules as they go, they change them when they want to, and they smugly, like Tony Fauci, do not mind going on television, in front of the people that pay his salary, and lie directly into the camera." (This is my favorite science video of all time).

"It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidlines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine." --Dr. Marcia Angell

So negative with both liberals and conservatives.

I’m sure someone here will tell us how this is great news

That's not what the numbers say. "As of Nov. 27, 38% saw the company positively, while 22% viewed it negatively." If both liberals and conservatives would have a negative view of the company, then the average would be negative. It isn't.

But ofcourse the overall trend is not good.

This whole tweet is probably related to the point of this thread. Getting political just pisses off 50% of the population in America and most countries out there as well.

Similar to this thread, no one is going to be convinced with one side of the other based on 1 person and Elon weighing in so blatantly seems like a waste of his/everyone's time since this side or that side isn't going to suddenly agree and buy into 1 ideology for whatever reason, no matter who spouts it.

It's a losers game I feel (his belief getting political is the future of civilization). Has he started to get political in China for the 1.4+ billion folks there?

There are 4 times more people there so maybe getting those folks politically set would weigh more to the whole of civilization where US only has ~330 million people.

He's wasting quite a lot of time on all this. He must not be busy with everything else going on maybe (like us/folks here still browsing this thread).
Haha. Maybe if the Chinese became lazy and starts fighting about nonsense like pronouns.

Why the riot in China because of covid lock downs? Because people can't get to work...that's like music to Musk's ears. Why would he want the Chinese to change? He probably want the US citizens to be more like the Chinese. Be more productive and be less whiny. (BTW we Chinese immigrants find Americans to be the whiniest people. It's like pulling teeth trying to get productivity out of Americans).

Musk sees the woke mind virus as the problem recently that have stifle productivity in the US and to him without high productivity, civilization will be in trouble and the US will lose to the Chinese. He has raised concerns about this many times.

Last edited:
Remember when EVERYBODY KNEW twitter was going to crash any day after letting go of staff?

Only idiots thought the site was going to crash right away. I agree with you though that we'll all have to see where things are in a year or so. Maybe you should load up on the stock if you're so confident and smart of what will happen.

I'm not smart enough to know nor successful nor richer than anyone here to have a clue (or I'd be more successful already), but I don't think any business loudly upseting the 50% of the population is good for business. We'll have to see if Tesla vehicles are just so great that no one has any other choice out there for an EV.

Elon may have always been like this, but if someone was a nazi or a racist and openly telling people where you stand just isn't a good look (just an example, you can use any viewpoint). No one needs to hear all his inner thoughts/demons amplified on Twitter.

But yeah, I'm all in ageement with you at least that we'll know more in a year.

The travesty is pretending that Elon isn't damaging the brand on a constant basis with his recent hard swing to the fringe right. No he is not the same person he used to be, not even close. He's long abandoned first principles reasoning.
Elon Musk uses QAnon tactic in criticizing former Twitter safety chief

In imputing nefarious motives to Twitter’s former managers and saying a crime had been committed, Musk adopted techniques used by the QAnon conspiracy movement, which falsely claims that Democrats and elites are running child sex abuse networks.

Musk is rich and powerful with no one by his side (that he’s willing to listen to) to intervene. He fires or attacks his critics and ensures he’s surrounded by yes-men too afraid or self-serving to correct him.

Musk could probably benefit from an AITA reddit post. 😁

And if the opposite happens, what will be the reason?

That Elon was ultimately smarter than everyone and I'm an idiot (I actually have no problems with that with all my failures in life so no shame from me there)...and if Twitter is raking in the bucks, then he'd be the genius all the folks here supporting him claims he is. As you can tell, I have my doubts, but Elon is far richer than everyone else so there's that going for him.

I just think Elon sells cars and annoying 50% of the US population is probably bad, but we'll see if it matters to a lot of folks.

There are people probably who support hitler, nazis, white power (Ye) and people were still buying his products/music and simply don't care what the person does. Some do though.

Web/Internet = Pandora's Box

FORGET about Global Warming, etc. It's man's inability to "get along" -- arguments, fights, wars

View attachment 883995

"Gilligan hoped they would get along better if they could read each other's minds The Professor agreed, said he had hoped the seeds might have benefited the cause of world peace after they were rescued"

Reality imitating Art, dystopian world (social media run amok) = Gilligan's Island??

yes it is a serious problem. But this also is not binary. “forgetting” global warming is hardly wise.

Last edited:

"Since the company’s inception in 2003, Tesla’s mission has been to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy."​

How does Elon's recent behavior and him buying Twitter accelerate the transition to sustainable energy? It doesn't.

In my opinion, it's having the exact opposite effect.

His deep dive into red pill Qanon mania is destroying the brand. People I know who were interested in buying a Tesla don't want to anymore.

How does this help the mission?

I've been a Tesla stockholder since 2013. I support Tesla. I don't support this behavior and I'm tired of defending the brand when I should be promoting EVs. This behavior is going to seriously setback their progress. How are we going to covert to sustainable energy when half the country potentially doesn't want to do anything with the Tesla brand? It's extremely sad and needs to change if Tesla is going to change the world.

At the very least a vote will maybe knock some sense into him that this behavior needs to stop and he needs to rebuild people's trust in him. However, I don't see this happening anytime soon sadly.
So the mods just merged the thread and got rid of the poll? Uh ok.🤷‍♂️

---

Mod: I didn't merge anything and don't know about any poll. I only moved some posts from the main investor thread to this one. But if threads were merged by other mods and something got lost, then unfortunately that's on you. You should know by now that this is the only place for Twitter discussion. If there are no other threads, no merging is necessary and nothing can get lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.