Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon's now promoting this clown: Professor Jay Bhattacharya. Elon responds to his series of whining tweets here: ( ). "Thank you for your rigorous adherence to science"

I keep waiting for the big reveal when Elon says "Isn't it obvious I'm acting the clown just to let these guys hang themselves? No? Guess I fooled you all! Hahahaha!" But I think I'm going to continue to be disappointed.

Bhattacharya is one of the authors of the Great Barrington Declaration. So at least tangentially responsible for vast numbers of COVID deaths due to people believing that claptrap.

Some quotes from the Wikipedia article:
...was a lead author of a serology study released in April which suggested that as many as 80,000 residents of Santa Clara County, California might have already been infected with COVID-19. The study and conduct of the research drew wide criticism for statistical and methodological errors and apparent lack of disclosure of conflicts.

...claimed that "Big tech outlets like Facebook and Google" suppressed "our ideas, falsely deeming them 'misinformation'".

The declaration was sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), a libertarian free market think tank based in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. AIER has published controversial studies with dubious conclusions, such as downplaying the risks of climate change, and arguing that sweatshops are beneficial to their workers. Byline Times journalist Nafeez Ahmed has described the AIER as an "institution embedded in a Koch-funded network that denies climate science while investing in polluting fossil fuel industries".

These seem to be the people Elon is now playing with. WTF?

Incidentally, since I live in Santa Clara County, when that serology study came out I was very concerned. So I looked into it some and decided it was just garbage "research" produced for reasons obviously tied to politics and money. No reputable scientist would have anything to do with stuff like that.
yeah... the "herd immunity" by August 2020 stuff worked out really really well... (hint: the biggest death wave was in the winter of 2020 going into 2021)

Elon's now promoting this clown: Professor Jay Bhattacharya. Elon responds to his series of whining tweets here: ( ). "Thank you for your rigorous adherence to science"

I keep waiting for the big reveal when Elon says "Isn't it obvious I'm acting the clown just to let these guys hang themselves? No? Guess I fooled you all! Hahahaha!" But I think I'm going to continue to be disappointed.

Bhattacharya is one of the authors of the Great Barrington Declaration. So at least tangentially responsible for vast numbers of COVID deaths due to people believing that claptrap.

Some quotes from the Wikipedia article:
...was a lead author of a serology study released in April which suggested that as many as 80,000 residents of Santa Clara County, California might have already been infected with COVID-19. The study and conduct of the research drew wide criticism for statistical and methodological errors and apparent lack of disclosure of conflicts.

...claimed that "Big tech outlets like Facebook and Google" suppressed "our ideas, falsely deeming them 'misinformation'".

The declaration was sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), a libertarian free market think tank based in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. AIER has published controversial studies with dubious conclusions, such as downplaying the risks of climate change, and arguing that sweatshops are beneficial to their workers. Byline Times journalist Nafeez Ahmed has described the AIER as an "institution embedded in a Koch-funded network that denies climate science while investing in polluting fossil fuel industries".

These seem to be the people Elon is now playing with. WTF?

Incidentally, since I live in Santa Clara County, when that serology study came out I was very concerned. So I looked into it some and decided it was just garbage "research" produced for reasons obviously tied to politics and money. No reputable scientist would have anything to do with stuff like that.

You may be right in your description of this scientist, or not, but why do you fry Elon for it?

Do you think this man should be silenced, like Twitter did? Who gets to make that decision? Who gets to decide where science ends and fraud or quackery begins? Twitter for sure can't make that decision, it lacks the required knowledge. Other scientists seem to have that knowledge, but who checks whether they themselves are right or wrong? And which right do they have to silence a peer?

You may think the man is a 'clown', but he may think the opposite. Science has not made progress by silencing people with dissenting opinions. Science can only make progress through the exchange of arguments and counterarguments. There should be a place where all sides can express themselves. Elon wants Twitter to be that place.

Yep - Elon lost the thread. He was doing miracles with moving humanity to alternate energy, electric mobility, solar power, grid storage, reusable spacecraft, missions to mars and then.... he's re-tweeting lies about Pelosi's 85 year old husband and ranting about how hunter biden's dick-pics were taken down - this is what he now thinks is saving humanity.

Sad to see his brilliance fall so far into conspiracy BS

"The future of Civilization" is under threat if we don't all get to see the president's son's dork? Really?
future of civilization threatened more by some 20yr old picking their pronouns than by climate change... Wow. Elon clearly lost it and it sounds he's more interested in potentially buying Breitbart or Fox News next versus ensuring the transition to sustainable energy.

yeah... the "herd immunity" by August 2020 stuff worked out really really well... (hint: the biggest death wave was in the winter of 2020 going into 2021)
And he got a ton of flak for that at the time.

Remember when the US was having a sh!t fit for him opening up Tesla before the go ahead from the county?

And what ultimately happened? Tesla still reaching ATH production and sales.

This too will pass.

Oh… I have been. Just never have or never will on margin.

And Elon has always been against the lockdowns. And made controversial tweets. Nothing really new here.
disclaimer: in the US / Canada. His views on lockdowns in China we really really don't know because he won't publicly state them. odd, right?

And he got a ton of flak for that at the time.

Remember when the US was having a sh!t fit for him opening up Tesla before the go ahead from the county?

And what ultimately happened? Tesla still reaching ATH production and sales.

This too will pass.
not if Elon yanks out another controversy every day.... tweeting conspiracy theories from a fake site about Paul Pelosi / the Fauci stuff / calling Democrats extremist / Hitler-Trudeau meme/ seeking the applause in the far right spectrum of twitter / etc. Wrecking Tesla's reputation... one tweet at a time...

It's true that Elon Musk threatens Twitter File to prosecute Fauci is political but his politics cost Tesla money. The share price has dropped ever since he announced that he would buy Twitter.
Great analysis! Correlation implies causation, as the saying goes.

Now please explain how the share price of all of the following also dropped at the same time with, in most cases, almost identical movement to TSLA (if normalized based on each stock's beta) both before and after the Twitter announcement.

• S&P 500
  • NASDAQ

• Microsoft
  • Alphabet
  • Amazon
  • TSMC
  • Meta
  • NVIDIA
  • Tencent
  • Samsung
  • Alibaba
  • ASML
  • Broadcom
  • Oracle
  • Cisco
  • Texas Instruments
  • Adobe
  • Tata
  • Netflix
  • Qualcomm
  • Salesforce
  • SAP
  • AMD
  • Intel
  • Meituan
  • PinDuoDuo

• Toyota
  • Volkswagen
  • Mercedes-Benz
  • Ford
  • Honda
  • BMW
  • GM
  • Stellantis
  • Hyundai
  • Nissan
  • BYD
  • Kia
  • Renault*
  • Nio
  • Li Auto
  • Great Wall Motors
  • Suzuki*
  • Geely
  • SAIC
  • Changan*
  • Ferrari
  • Rivian
  • Lucid
  • Fisker
*Renault, Suzuki and Changan hit 2-year lows in Q2 but not Q4. Suzuki and Changan did drop in October however, still following the overall group trend.

I see that this list includes (with the exception of Apple and IBM) all of the world's most valued software/electronics companies and all of the world's automotive companies.

It's really quite unfortunate that one man has the power to unleash this much destruction, not only on his own company's stock but also the stocks in his business sectors as well as the entire stock market. Why can't he just be normal? This is all his fault and I'm very angry at him for doing this. /s

It's been a month since I last updated these charts, but they clearly show the tight coupling between TSLA and the S&P 500. The relationship with the NASDAQ looks similar but slightly weaker.

1670355228102.png

1670355260932.png

Last edited:
So what’s your point?

Are you hoping he does and have china completely F over Tesla and ultimately the shareholders? Is that what you are hoping for?
so he only speaks the truth when societies are tolerant and there are no repercussions... bold and brave indeed. Frankly someone who is in bed with the CCP should just sh*t up about Canada Covid policies and probably not compare their elected leader with Hitler in a meme...

not if Elon yanks out another controversy every day.... tweeting conspiracy theories from a fake site about Paul Pelosi / the Fauci stuff / calling Democrats extremist / Hitler-Trudeau meme/ seeking the applause in the far right spectrum of twitter / etc. Wrecking Tesla's reputation... one tweet at a time...
Will be interesting to see where things are at in a year.

It's a long story of Wall Street fraud, political/media capture and folly that goes back decades, way before Fauci. In short, the same organized crime syndicates that finance Tesla FUD, also, in part, finance "The Science" of covid. People can call Elon an unhinged lunatic all they want, but eventually a more comprehensive story of covid will spread to the masses. Elon is really putting his life on the line for humanity by challenging these politically-entrenched, wealthy, powerful individuals, so yeah, this is very very Tesla related.

I humbly recommend taking a break from the internet and reading "The Real Anthony Fauci: Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public Health" by Harvard-trained lawyer and environmentalist Robert F Kennedy Jr. Both his uncle, President John F. Kennedy, and his father, Senator Robert F. Kennedy Sr. were assassinated while in office. This guy knows a couple of things about money, power and fraud.

A couple more enlightening books: "The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us And What To Do About It," by Marcia Angell, M.D. She spent 20 years as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine. "Doctoring Data," by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, British heart surgeon.

There are hundreds of other books on the subject of medical fraud and folly. It's a pretty eye-opening history. DM me if you want more book titles. I've spent 13 years as a clinical laboratory scientist. We will be talking about covid/Wall Street fraud for the rest of our lives, probably the most significant event of human history.

1993 Nobel Prize winner Dr. Kary Mullis says this of Fauci: "Guys like Fauci get up there and start talking and you know he doesn't know anything about really anything, and I'd say that to his face. Nothing. The man thinks uo can take a blood sample and stick it in an electron microscope and if it's got a virus in there, you'll know it... He doesn't understand electron microscopy and he doesn't understand medicine. And he should not be in the position like he's in. Most of those guys up there on the top are just total administrative people and they don't know anything about what's going on at the bottom. Those guys have got an agenda, which is not what we'd like them to have, being that we pay them to take care of our health in some way. They've got a personal kind of agenda. They make up their own rules as they go, they change them when they want to, and they smugly, like Tony Fauci, do not mind going on television, in front of the people that pay his salary, and lie directly into the camera." (This is my favorite science video of all time).

"It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidlines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine." --Dr. Marcia Angell

I just think it is funny that any of this has to be explained or that people are so little informed they have no clue what Elon is talking about. It is truly amazing to watch how the media and 5th generation war holds the hands of the masses right into totalitarianism.

Here is a book that tells you all you need to know. It has all the receipts (heavily cited):

Wake up you sheep.

You haven't been paying attention if you think Dave is big with the "woke" crowd.

Dave wasn't booing too, was he?

But no, I don't pay any attention at all to most things political. I've never seen Dave perform either.

I consider the two most prominent sides of American politics to be equally corrupt, only not always in the same way. I have no dog in that hunt. If I had to choose, it would most likely be the Libertarians who I'd cuddle up with. But I just don't care enough to take time out of my day to spend it being angry, and this seems to be what both extremes of the most vocal players in politics want to encourage. As if it were a team sport instead of a system of government.

This "Woke" business just seems very poorly thought out. It appears to be designed to prey upon the weak-minded to garner support of an idea which purpose is to irreparably divide a nation. While in doing so, avoiding any rational discourse that might result in people being able to find a solution everyone can agree upon.

I miss the days when people could disagree about politics and still have mutual respect for one another. Wokeness and the extreme Right have broken that rather fundamental aspect of the American system.

Now Elon has broken their highly manipulated megaphone with the intent to balance the scales.

Somebody should call for a whaaaaaamulance.

Last edited:
Now please explain how the share price of all of the following also dropped at the same time with, in most cases, almost identical movement to TSLA both before and after the Twitter announcement.
Because current macros are more powerful than specific events. It still doesn't mean Tesla would not have performed better in the absence of the Twitter/Musk events this year.

That's what the flat earth believers said to the guy who claimed the earth was round.

And who gave you or anyone else the right to determine what is worth hearing and what is not?
Once the science is settled there is nothing to be gained by discussing nonsense and there is obviously a real downside to letting that nonsense spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.