Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue has exploded in the last week, arguably in recent days, which is why this thread exploded.
Well there's also the fact that a couple weeks ago I said I was tired of it polluting the main investor thread and said I was leaving until it stopped and went here, and then the mods threw down the hammer and made the traffic go here.

Elon's doing more in the last week too, but it's definitely not the only factor with respect to this particular thread.

The optimist in me wants to believe that Elon is simply wanting to buy some TSLA. Lol. But I think he has just gone guano crazy. (Probably hasn’t actually changed much but just a bit more empowered right now.)

Interesting didn't show up in the morning.

The Algorithm is powerful so just turn it off (top right). But won’t fix this problem since that only partially disables it.

Search (from:elonmusk), Latest tab.

It’s the best way to view Tweets. Eliminates The Algorithm, but the dreaded Shadowbanning can still work its magic in rare cases, I am sure.

Reactions: EVNow and advocate8
Oh I get it now. So having some people in a movie that are Gay is woke. Do gay characters take away from the story? I mean if gayness isnt the point of the movie why should any of the characters be gay. Now do this with black people, latin american people, asian people. I mean default should be white and straight and only have people of other persuasions if it is specifically for the movie.

Sorry that doesn't make sense at all. People should be represented in movies like they are in society. You could also make the argument that movies should only have straight people or white people if heterosexuality is the point of the movie, makes as littles sense as what you said.

I believe he’s saying that removing a statute of a Confederate general evidences bigotry.
You lost me there...please explain.
The statutes aren’t relevant to my ancestry nor EM’s.

But they are relevant to another period in history where the country was divided to the point where secession was seen as a better solution than tolerating the erosion of states rights.

Wokism/Identitarianism is an accelerant to this division today and needs to be brought under control. This is where EM and my interests align on the matter.

It’s pretty difficult timing a product’s or a company’s downturn in real-time, but the line from Hemingway comes to mind:

“How did you go bankrupt? Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”

I don’t for a moment expect Tesla to literally go bankrupt, I’m merely saying that the impact of Twitter Musk is yet to be felt. Up until ownership he was merely an outspoken billionaire. Now he is a full-fledged political character.

Accumulated ill will might take a couple quarters to fully impact sales.
Most people outside of North America don't care much about US politics, and the USA only accounts for about 20% of the global market for new cars. It's a highly profitable market but there's plenty of opportunity elsewhere.

Product boycotts are rarely effective or sustained for long. People forget quickly. VW diesel emissions fraud and being run by a family that got its wealth directly from their historical affiliation with Hitler and the Nazi party hasn't stopped them from selling more cars than any other company in history.

Elon can whip out his phone and see real-time order flow on Tesla.com and you and I can't do that as outsiders. Worst comes to worst, he could simply leave the company.

Back in the day, most Americans said they'd never buy a German or Japanese car, especially Japanese. Toyota + Lexus is now the best-selling car company in America and has been near the top for decades, even during the 1970s and 80s when residual hatred from WWII was still common and when being openly racist was socially acceptable.

Almost half of the American population doesn't even bother to vote in our elections. Yet we think close to 50% of the population cares enough to boycott Tesla's cars because they don't like Elon? Most people don't even have the money to throw around to make that kind of social or moral statement with their available budget. They just buy something good enough within their price range that's safe and looks acceptable and is convenient.

Most people outside of North America don't care much about US politics, and the USA only accounts for about 20% of the global market for new cars. It's a highly profitable market but there's plenty of opportunity elsewhere.
The US is still dominating world politics enough that people in the world are aware what is going on there. Elon is all over the press, and not in a good way. I lived in the US for a year and the perception of politics in other parts of the world hardly plays a role - it is much different if you live elsewhere.

Product boycotts are rarely effective or sustained for long. People forget quickly. VW diesel emissions fraud and being run by a family that got its wealth directly from their historical affiliation with Hitler and the Nazi party hasn't stopped them from selling more cars than any other company in history.

Elon can whip out his phone and see real-time order flow on Tesla.com and you and I can't do that as outsiders. Worst comes to worst, he could simply leave the company.

Back in the day, most Americans said they'd never buy a German or Japanese car, especially Japanese. Toyota + Lexus is now the best-selling car company in America and has been near the top for decades, even during the 1970s and 80s when residual hatred from WWII was still common and when being openly racist was socially acceptable.

Almost half of the American population doesn't even bother to vote in our elections. Yet we think close to 50% of the population cares enough to boycott Tesla's cars because they don't like Elon? Most people don't even have the money to throw around to make that kind of social or moral statement with their available budget. They just buy something good enough within their price range that's safe and looks acceptable and is convenient.
“Yet we think close to 50% of the population cares enough to boycott Tesla's cars because they don't like Elon?”

Buying a EV for over $50,000 is an EXTREMELY discretionary decision with (now) lots of options. Companies that do advertise spend hundreds of millions to flip 5% of the markets for toothpaste and for beer.

That Tesla hasn’t needed to spend on marketing is a testament to its innovation and uniqueness.

To pass on buying a car is a decision that can be made based on a host of subtle factors, and it doesn’t require anything as blunt as a boycott.

True, most Americans tend to be detached from political controversy, but the most-educated tend to be more engaged and are also the most inclined to buy vehicles from Tesla or its competitors.

There is not an unlimited reservoir of good feeling toward the brand and a lot of damage can be done well shy of a massive boycott.

Last edited:

Tesla's Board of Directors Asleep at the Wheel While on Autopilot​

TSLA's stock value has been in a downward spiral since Musk started the Twitter obsession, purchased Twitter, and voiced every form of political and nonsensical opinion. Despite Tesla posting record deliveries and profits. Elon Musk is a liability to Tesla and represents its single largest threat to survival. If Tesla's Board of Directors isn't going to do its duty by removing this man from his position before his mouth destroys the company, Musk either needs to be medicated or put under the care of a psychiatrist. Whatever is going on with him, it isn't normal and nobody, anywhere, should attempt to normalize such unacceptable behavior from someone in a privileged, leadership role who can affect the opinions of millions. He appears to be incapable of rising to a higher standard that is required of leaders.

If anyone who has any sway is reading this, it's time for the Board to stop standing idly by while Elon Musk destroys everything that has been built over the last decade. He is behaving irrationally and putting a stench on everything he touches. Does this sound like anyone else we all know? I remember when Elon Musk was cheered by people in the crowd, not booed off stage by the audience as recently happened. Laughing about the people he laid off from Twitter and whose lives he upended for no understandable reason is a great way to endear oneself, isn't it?

Being introduced as "the richest man in the world" was more cringeworthy than the cringiest scene in "The White Lotus". Thanks to his own actions, in actuality Elon no longer is the richest man in the world. Thanks to his negative impact on TSLA he is back to number two. I mention these things only because the data points are everywhere you look. Everyone I know is turned off by the brand due to its association with him.

Because Tesla is Elon and Elon is Tesla, Tesla's Board of Directors must immediately relieve Elon Musk from his responsibilities.

Can introduce a shareholder motion.

See Karen's twitter feed for instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.