Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Still accusing Fauci of killing millions just like Galileo would have done. I’m still wondering if he’s going to get a call from his Chinese minders to take it down.
so Fauci killed millions ... but check another tweet from today ... and apparently Swedens "just let it burn through" approach was a-ok ... lol. this consistency...

so every covid containment measure is bad and unnecessary but when/ if people do die - let's blame Fauci ... yawn. Elon is clearly trying to have it both ways here.

I wish people would separate politics and everything else in life. It's crazy to be so ungrateful to Elon just because he thinks different in one facet of life from you. People need to relax. Often in history the minority thinker was right although it seemed unfathomable at the time to the masses like Galileo and Socrates
that's an extremely US centric view... in Europe and China the non-Tesla charging networks are much much better than in the US.
not sure what you mean with "drivetrain expertise" ...
That’s fair on chargers. And it may be too US. My point, there’s not much magic in say the motors themselves. But their energy-management expertise is at the top of the heap, and inevitably they have a lead in reliability due to understanding how to treat batteries, motors etc in terms of things like heating, cooling, pre-charge warmup etc. It’s not magic, but they did get a head start in that. It takes years to get the basic reliability kinks mostly out and they’ve had those years.
Rest of the car... eh.

so Fauci killed millions ... but check another tweet from today ... and apparently Swedens "just let it burn through" approach was a-ok ... lol. this consistency...

so every covid containment measure is bad and unnecessary but when/ if people do die - let's blame Fauci ... yawn. Elon is clearly trying to have it both ways here.
He’s actually saying that Fauci funded research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology that created SARS-CoV-2.
Also despite popular opinion Sweden’s approach wasn’t “let er rip.”

It impacts my life because it annoys other white people and rightfully so. Being white doesnt make one racist but the woke mob makes it seem like its wrong. Us minorities would like representation but not in this way.
So people wanting minorities to be treated better are annoying people who don't want to treat minorities better, and you side with the latter over the former?

Tesla's Board of Directors Asleep at the Wheel While on Autopilot​

TSLA's stock value has been in a downward spiral since Musk started the Twitter obsession, purchased Twitter, and voiced every form of political and nonsensical opinion. Despite Tesla posting record deliveries and profits. Elon Musk is a liability to Tesla and represents its single largest threat to survival. If Tesla's Board of Directors isn't going to do its duty by removing this man from his position before his mouth destroys the company, Musk either needs to be medicated or put under the care of a psychiatrist. Whatever is going on with him, it isn't normal and nobody, anywhere, should attempt to normalize such unacceptable behavior from someone in a privileged, leadership role who can affect the opinions of millions. He appears to be incapable of rising to a higher standard that is required of leaders.

If anyone who has any sway is reading this, it's time for the Board to stop standing idly by while Elon Musk destroys everything that has been built over the last decade. He is behaving irrationally and putting a stench on everything he touches. Does this sound like anyone else we all know? I remember when Elon Musk was cheered by people in the crowd, not booed off stage by the audience as recently happened. Laughing about the people he laid off from Twitter and whose lives he upended for no understandable reason is a great way to endear oneself, isn't it?

Being introduced as "the richest man in the world" was more cringeworthy than the cringiest scene in "The White Lotus". Thanks to his own actions, in actuality Elon no longer is the richest man in the world. Thanks to his negative impact on TSLA he is back to number two. I mention these things only because the data points are everywhere you look. Everyone I know is turned off by the brand due to its association with him.

Because Tesla is Elon and Elon is Tesla, Tesla's Board of Directors must immediately relieve Elon Musk from his responsibilities.

I wish people would separate politics and everything else in life. It's crazy to be so ungrateful to Elon just because he thinks different in one facet of life from you. People need to relax. Often in history the minority thinker was right although it seemed unfathomable at the time to the masses like Galileo and Socrates

If he "thinks" we should spend more money on Mars exploration, or "thinks" certain aspects of the tax code could be refined, or "thinks" he should own a social media company, those are all fine examples of "thinking different".

But when he cuts off Starlink services to Ukraine and urges them to surrender, that's not "thinking differently", that's actively working to destabilize the world. And he's doing it with my money, so yeah, I have every right to be outraged.

Yes. That is, sort of, what I am saying.

The fact is that sales were good and are now better than ever in the entire history of Tesla, and this is, perhaps surprisingly, most true in markets with the highest concentrations of people who disagree with Elon's recent political statements and how he's handling the Twitter acquisition. This has continued every quarter this entire time, except in Q1 2020 when the Fremont factory was not operational.

In Q3, Tesla and Genesis the only brands in California with increased sales relative to Q2. Genesis is a tiny brand so let's set them aside. The bottom line is that Tesla's sales went up while every other major car company's sales went down. Tesla also did not reduce their prices in California during this time and has no dealerships they can temporarily pack with inventory, so the signal is clear and unambiguous. The only part we don't know is just how long the backlog is and what the current daily net order flow is. Other car companies say they had trouble in Q3 with supply challenges, so that was a big factor, but we also didn't see large price spikes for them in Q3 which calls into question just how much the supply excuse is actually the dominant factor in reality.

From what I'm hearing from y'all who have been following Elon's Twitter and political stuff much more closely than I have been, Q3 is when the mind-losing and crazy tweeting intensified and became more frequent, correct? And it was much worse in Q1 and Q2 than in previous years, right? It just keeps getting worse?

So, if it matters so much, why do the sales and prices keep rising so quickly even as this has been occurring?

Or, if the argument is that it hasn't mattered much yet but will be greatly impactful in the future, then when do you suppose that will that happen and why hasn't it happened already?

Why does Tesla currently have somewhere around 20-40% new vehicle market share in the greater San Francisco area which is probably the single-most leftist part of the entire country? Why is this also the case in the Los Angeles and Seattle metro areas, which are also heavily leftist by American standards?

It seems to me that the sales and price data already conclusively demonstrates that the "Tesla can't achieve mass-market sales with Elon's politics" hypothesis is false, because it's literally already happening.
Think of what the market share in SF, Seattle, LA would be, or could have been without the increasingly Q-anon-alligned "new Musk". Sad.

Many people saw that I posted this in the Investor thread, but this is the type of stuff Elon should be tweeting. Is Twitter really only a political vehicle now?

I'd love to see him educate his new fans this way.

I think someone mentioned earlier that Musk’s kid coming out as Trans really did a number on him. I agree with this statement, it’s the reason he’s going all out against the “Woke Left”…….

I’m still waiting for him to call out the “Woke Right”…. You know, the ones who everything is a conspiracy, that the government is headed to a New World Orde etc. etc. etc.

Think about it….

Back when Elon was still cosplaying as a centrist, he said you knew things were going well if you were pissing off the extremes of the right and left.

Of course, he's only associating with and taking up the positions of one of the extremes. Another case of "watch what I do, not what I say."

Back when Elon was still cosplaying as a centrist, he said you knew things were going well if you were pissing off the extremes of the right and left.

Of course, he's only associating with and taking up the positions of one of the extremes. Another case of "watch what I do, not what I say."
Or perhaps the true Overton window isn’t as progressive/left as some would like us to think.

Things that make you go hmm. 🧐

I ordered my Mach-e Premium February, took delivery in October. Fortunately that beat a $6500 price hike for that trim.

Hope you got one after they fixed the battery problem (which wasn't fixable with an SW update, this is a fixable design problem)

In fairness, early Model S's (2012 and 2013) had contactor problems as well. But you would think Ford would have learned something from Tesla's early car problems and designed appropriately.

Think of what the market share in SF, Seattle, LA would be, or could have been without the increasingly Q-anon-alligned "new Musk". Sad.
It would be almost exactly the same because there's a nationwide order backlog and Tesla chooses not to allocate all their deliveries to California and Seattle/Bellevue. Spreading the deliveries out helps with the mission, notably by helping with more FSD data collection and more people being exposed to EVs.

Tesla has achieved ~30% market share in the areas of America with the highest percentage of the local population likely to be upset enough to boycott Tesla purchases due to Elon's antics and recent political shift. This has happened despite all the aforementioned reasons why this market share could easily be higher with greater production capacity, upcoming clean vehicle subsidies, a wider variety of models, more affordable options, etc. If 30% market share is the worst-case scenario for Tesla's customers' political demographics, then I'm willing to live with that, because it bodes well for how Tesla will do outside of the US and in other less-liberal areas within the US. Globally that'd be like 25M cars per year if Tesla can achieve 30% market share.

By the way, Elon has never once said he likes or supports Trump and he disclosed that he voted for Clinton and Biden in 2016 and 2020 as well as straight Democrat/Independent ballots in every election and race up until 2022. He thinks greenhouse gas emissions pose a major existential threat to humanity. He believes in allowing legal recognition of same-sex marriage and appointed a married homosexual man to be his CFO and Tesla scores top marks every year on LGBTQI equality metrics. In his Babylon Bee interview, he declined a direct invitation to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. His company pays for employees to leave Texas for abortions. Etc. All of which is pretty dang unpopular amongst most of those in Q-anon. He is not currently talking much about these things but holy crap he's clearly not even close to Q-anon overall.

The primary reasons why anyone is not buying Tesla cars:

1) $47k+ is too expensive for their budget
2) Tesla doesn't yet offer their desired vehicle format
3) They have low awareness about Tesla or the value proposition of the cars because no one has told them about it and they haven't researched it
4) They are waiting on higher range, higher charging speeds, more service centers, more superchargers, more long-term reliability data, etc. which will come with more time in the business and more engineering development
5) They just want something that looks different because the aesthetic doesn't jive with their tastes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.