Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago I never could have imagined that the world record for “most Teslas in a single photograph” would be a sad one.

View attachment 888707

I have a former coworker who now is at Tesla. He very sincerely framed his perspective: "I really wish the world could separate Tesla the company - full of heartfelt sincere workers from the CEO of Tesla".

Among all this chaos, and (honestly) stupidity, Telsa is doing great work and will deliver year-on-year growth that any other company at their scale would BEG to have.

I have a former coworker who now is at Tesla. He very sincerely framed his perspective: "I really wish the world could separate Tesla the company - full of heartfelt sincere workers from the CEO of Tesla".

Among all this chaos, and (honestly) stupidity, Telsa is doing great work and will deliver year-on-year growth that any other company at their scale would BEG to have.
well what gave me thinking in the Twitter Space is his remark about Twitter being a fusion of catnip and crack.
Addiction over everything.
Until this addiction is not cured, PLUS the steps You suggest, putting a wedge between him and the car brand, we all will have a hard time.

The break between Steve Jobs and Apple, and the desaster Next Computer became allowed heck forced Jobs to refocus what his true love was.
Here´s the blueprint for the sh****show the Tesla board beacame.

So back in the real world. Elon is crushing it at Twitter. Watch in the all-in podcast if you don't agree - speed of change is maximised at roughly having to backout 10% of changes.

Elon will continue to spend >50% of his time at Twitter for months. He is loving it. Give that to him and you will receive his warmth back a hundred fold.

Elon's attention will revert to SpaceX anyway. Tesla has received ~30% of his time for years now and that number will only drop.

Descriptivist grammar always ends up winning out over prescriptivist grammar, in the end. Language changes through use. The singular "they" is here. The ship has sailed.
Emily Dickinson used it and she was following hundreds of years of usage. The ship sailed in the 14th century. Adapting to use a person’s preferred pronouns is a simple, polite thing to do. True, politeness is seen as an affront to some — it cuts into their right to be an ass, after all! — but that’s what living in a community requires. And it’s not that hard! Sometimes it seems the folks complaining about this are just looking for a reason to feel oppressed. When you feel oppressed by the very presence of someone different than you, it’s pretty clear that the other person isn’t the problem.

Last edited:
Is Elon Musk going to turn into the same sort of joke that Trump has become? | Arwa Mahdawi

Was 2022 the year the Musk myth died? I hate it when I have to do this but here goes: I was wrong. I was very, very wrong. Back in October, when Elon Musk’s $44bn acquisition of Twitter was finalized, I predicted that the social network would become a lot nastier but ultimately keep chugging along. I assumed Musk had a couple of brain cells and a little self-restraint; I assumed he wasn’t going to drive away Twitter’s advertisers by making erratic business decisions; I assumed he was going to be at least somewhat sensible. After all, he did have $44bn on the line. I assumed wrong. Watching Musk run Twitter over the last couple of months has been like watching a toddler trying to drive a train – “chaotic” doesn’t even begin to cover it. He’s fired half his staff; realized that some of the staff he fired were actually pretty important or were laid off by mistake and been forced to try and lure them back; told everyone the entire company might go bankrupt; made important business decisions via Twitter polls; suspended reporters who aren’t sufficiently deferential to him and then un-suspended them after backlash; spread conspiracy theories and misinformation; lost 50 of Twitter’s top 100 advertisers. The turmoil at Twitter has even spread to Tesla, cratering its stock price – and Musk’s net worth.

SMR recaps the absurdity of the Twitter saga of '22 pointing out all the hard truths and showcasing the amazing job that was done to turn Twitter around. Now, other Tech executives and VCs are studying Elon's tactics to apply them in order to successfully achieve their own turn-arounds.

Elon ROCKS, again... Go figure.

Apparently SMR is struggling with his incel status and is fully delusional.

The Guardian: Trump, Bankman-Fried and Musk are the monsters of American capitalism. Trump, Bankman-Fried and Musk are the monsters of American capitalism | Robert Reich

If this past week presents any single lesson, it’s the social costs of greed. Capitalism is premised on greed but also on guardrails – laws and norms – that prevent greed from becoming so excessive that it threatens the system as a whole. Yet the guardrails can’t hold when avarice becomes the defining trait of an era, as it is now. Laws and norms are no match for the possibility of raking in billions if you’re sufficiently ruthless and unprincipled.

Adam Smith, the so-called father of modern capitalism, never called himself an economist. He called himself a “moral philosopher,” engaged in discovering the characteristics of a good society. He thought his best book was not The Wealth of Nations, the bible of modern capitalist apologists, but the Theory of Moral Sentiments, where he argued that the ethical basis of society lies in compassion for other human beings. Presumably Adam Smith would have bemoaned the growing inequalities, corruption, and cynicism spawned by modern capitalism and three of its prime exemplars – Trump, Bankman-Fried, and Musk.

The Guardian: Trump, Bankman-Fried and Musk are the monsters of American capitalism. Trump, Bankman-Fried and Musk are the monsters of American capitalism | Robert Reich

If this past week presents any single lesson, it’s the social costs of greed. Capitalism is premised on greed but also on guardrails – laws and norms – that prevent greed from becoming so excessive that it threatens the system as a whole. Yet the guardrails can’t hold when avarice becomes the defining trait of an era, as it is now. Laws and norms are no match for the possibility of raking in billions if you’re sufficiently ruthless and unprincipled.

Adam Smith, the so-called father of modern capitalism, never called himself an economist. He called himself a “moral philosopher,” engaged in discovering the characteristics of a good society. He thought his best book was not The Wealth of Nations, the bible of modern capitalist apologists, but the Theory of Moral Sentiments, where he argued that the ethical basis of society lies in compassion for other human beings. Presumably Adam Smith would have bemoaned the growing inequalities, corruption, and cynicism spawned by modern capitalism and three of its prime exemplars – Trump, Bankman-Fried, and Musk.

The subjects:
(1) Property developer and reality TV star. Also a dick.
(2) Crypto banker/investor. Also a dick.
(3) Software developer turned investor/CEO involved with a bunch of companies trying to solve extremely difficult engineering problems that have the benefit of radically improving the world. Also a dick.

The author:
(1) A guy whose job is writing and speaking about what other people should do. Total dick.

1672000644607.png

Let's hope the Tesla Board of Directors wakes up and does their job. Time for Tesla Inc to part ways with Elon. as many have said above, Elon has plenty of other projects to keep in busy. And, there are plenty of great folks working at Tesla that can carry the torch. Since Elon's statements and behaviors are damaging the Tesla brand, Tesla is better off without him. JB left Tesla a couple years ago, and Tesla has done fine without him. https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...4a2f1c22c4b3|87D00EAC5DBF2748E0530100007FF6E4

well what gave me thinking in the Twitter Space is his remark about Twitter being a fusion of catnip and crack.
Addiction over everything.
Until this addiction is not cured, PLUS the steps You suggest, putting a wedge between him and the car brand, we all will have a hard time.

The break between Steve Jobs and Apple, and the desaster Next Computer became allowed heck forced Jobs to refocus what his true love was.
Here´s the blueprint for the sh****show the Tesla board beacame.

Apple has been vastly more successful as a company (not an innovator) post-Jobs....

Is Elon Musk going to turn into the same sort of joke that Trump has become? | Arwa Mahdawi

Was 2022 the year the Musk myth died? I hate it when I have to do this but here goes: I was wrong. I was very, very wrong. Back in October, when Elon Musk’s $44bn acquisition of Twitter was finalized, I predicted that the social network would become a lot nastier but ultimately keep chugging along. I assumed Musk had a couple of brain cells and a little self-restraint; I assumed he wasn’t going to drive away Twitter’s advertisers by making erratic business decisions; I assumed he was going to be at least somewhat sensible. After all, he did have $44bn on the line. I assumed wrong. Watching Musk run Twitter over the last couple of months has been like watching a toddler trying to drive a train – “chaotic” doesn’t even begin to cover it. He’s fired half his staff; realized that some of the staff he fired were actually pretty important or were laid off by mistake and been forced to try and lure them back; told everyone the entire company might go bankrupt; made important business decisions via Twitter polls; suspended reporters who aren’t sufficiently deferential to him and then un-suspended them after backlash; spread conspiracy theories and misinformation; lost 50 of Twitter’s top 100 advertisers. The turmoil at Twitter has even spread to Tesla, cratering its stock price – and Musk’s net worth.

I fondly remember the Elon-loyalists swearing on a stack of bibles that this Twitter thing would NEVER be a distraction, that Elon can easily whip Twitter into into 5-d chessmaster shape while doing his other 5 jobs brilliantly at the same time.

So back in the real world. Elon is crushing it at Twitter. Watch in the all-in podcast if you don't agree - speed of change is maximised at roughly having to backout 10% of changes.

Elon will continue to spend >50% of his time at Twitter for months. He is loving it. Give that to him and you will receive his warmth back a hundred fold.

Elon's attention will revert to SpaceX anyway. Tesla has received ~30% of his time for years now and that number will only drop.

Why does someone who's "Crushing it" have to constantly reverse their own brilliant decisions? Did he "crush" the idea to sell blue checkmarks? How's the independent standards panel crushing going?

Let's hope the Tesla Board of Directors wakes up and does their job. Time for Tesla Inc to part ways with Elon. as many have said above, Elon has plenty of other projects to keep in busy. And, there are plenty of great folks working at Tesla that can carry the torch. Since Elon's statements and behaviors are damaging the Tesla brand, Tesla is better off without him. JB left Tesla a couple years ago, and Tesla has done fine without him. https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/12/24/elon-musk-twitter-meltdown-tesla/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https://s2.washingtonpost.com/car-ln-tr/38a7ed5/63a72de2ef9bf67b23343d34/5cc9563dae7e8a3cc47f5275/18/66/63a72de2ef9bf67b23343d34&wp_cu=4e0d8a44ab25bb5368b04a2f1c22c4b3|87D00EAC5DBF2748E0530100007FF6E4
Well unfortunately the link you provided is written by a mere TSLAQ shill.
A Jeff Bezos slave. Published on Dec.24- what a psychopath.
Here is the record of this little writer- 100% anti Tesla records. All his life wasted by fulfilling someone else’s vendetta.

They call him a tech journalist.
In practise he’s a Lobbyist writing exclusive hit pieces against Musk.

Status
Not open for further replies.