Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SMR recaps the absurdity of the Twitter saga of '22 pointing out all the hard truths and showcasing the amazing job that was done to turn Twitter around. Now, other Tech executives and VCs are studying Elon's tactics to apply them in order to successfully achieve their own turn-arounds.

Elon ROCKS, again... Go figure.

Yeah I'm sure they're watching him in order to learn how to tank your stock.

Elon's absolutely crushing it ?

The billionaire tech bozo restored a feature that promotes suicide prevention hotlines and other safety resources to users looking up certain content, after coming under intense pressure from some Twitter users and consumer safety groups over its abrupt and utterly reprehensible removal.
These daily rash decisions and reversals illustrate the dilemma of someone who is clueless. Elon has managed to destroy Twitter and is now flailing about trying to "save" it. He may be "having fun" with the "challenge" but nobody else is enjoying watching this train wreck. Certainly not the Twitter employees (and ex employees and re-hired and re-fired employees), the Tesla employees who have been drafted, Tesla stockholders, Twitter users who never know what to expect day to day, advertisers who have abandoned the platform and the general public watching in morbid fascination as each new outrage unfolds.

Yes, this will be studied for years as a case study in brand destruction, personal destruction, company destruction and "how to burn billions of dollars".

These daily rash decisions and reversals illustrate the dilemma of someone who is clueless. Elon has managed to destroy Twitter and is now flailing about trying to "save" it. He may be "having fun" with the "challenge" but nobody else is enjoying watching this train wreck. Certainly not the Twitter employees (and ex employees and re-hired and re-fired employees), the Tesla employees who have been drafted, Tesla stockholders, Twitter users who never know what to expect day to day, advertisers who have abandoned the platform and the general public watching in morbid fascination as each new outrage unfolds.

Yes, this will be studied for years as a case study in brand destruction, personal destruction, company destruction and "how to burn billions of dollars".

Simple question:
Did you read, when Elon bought Twitter, that he said along the lines of "you will see us make many changes, and some will fail, and you will see those failures corrected."?

This is completely in line with his high iterative SW Dev that was used on Paypal and at Tesla. Don't be afraid to fail, even on public facing code.

Simple question:
Did you read, when Elon bought Twitter, that he said along the lines of "you will see us make many changes, and some will fail, and you will see those failures corrected."?

This is completely in line with his high iterative SW Dev that was used on Paypal and at Tesla. Don't be afraid to fail, even on public facing code.
There is a difference between developing and testing new ideas that are carefully thought out and making random rash decisions that are immediately shown to be stupid and have to be reversed.

There is a difference between developing and testing new ideas that are carefully thought out and making random rash decisions that are immediately shown to be stupid and have to be reversed.

Well, that's why Elon is who he is, and has built multiple successful companies and the rest of us are in the peanut gallery commenting on crap we really don't know the inner details about.

Well, that's why Elon is who he is, and has built multiple successful companies and the rest of us are in the peanut gallery commenting on crap we really don't know the inner details about.
Where's the logic for stopping suicide prevention? There's a limit to that theory about inner details. Something about a broken clock being right twice a day.

Where's the logic for stopping suicide prevention? There's a limit to that theory about inner details.

As someone that has done SW Dev, it probably was not intentionally removed. Some update was pushed that probably conflicted with it and it got disabled.

Plus, at least one article I read quoted Elon as saying the removal was not intentional (but no one here wants to report that, it doesn't fit their narrative).

But with the group in this thread every small misstep is put under the microscope and criticized. And some here really lap up what MSM tells them, instead of trying to go to the source.

As someone that has done SW Dev, it probably was not intentionally removed. Some update was pushed that probably conflicted with it and it got disabled.

Plus, at least one article I read quoted Elon as saying the removal was not intentional (but no one here wants to report that, it doesn't fit their narrative).

But with the group in this thread every small misstep is put under the microscope and criticized. And some here really lap up what MSM tells them, instead of trying to go to the source.
If it was an error, fine. I realize the world is not perfect. But then it means that they are pushing out updates without checking their work. Sloppy. All of these "updates" which get quickly reversed suggest a problem. What's the rush?

If it was an error, fine. I realize the world is not perfect. But then it means that they are pushing out updates without checking their work. Sloppy. All of these "updates" which get quickly reversed suggest a problem. What's the rush?

You do remember when Elon bought Twitter that he reported they had no Dev environment? In 2 months I doubt that has changed. Development is probably still happening on the live stack.

Setting up a proper dev environment is not quick.

You do remember when Elon bought Twitter that he reported they had no Dev environment? In 2 months I doubt that has changed. Development is probably still happening on the live stack.

Setting up a proper dev environment is not quick.
OK. Still appears unnecessarily rushed. What's the 4-alarm emergency that forces them to make these changes without creating a test environment first?

Simple question:
Sounds like Tesla's software release process. Tesla's SW dev process is like a bunch of grad students working on a research project who push out changes to the UI without even thinking about the consequences of what they're doing. I'm surprised that they managed to actually get the holiday release out this year without breaking anything major.

Reactions: DrGriz and bkp_duke
Sounds like Tesla's software release process. Tesla's SW dev process is like a bunch of grad students working on a research project who push out changes to the UI without even thinking about the consequences of what they're doing. I'm surprised that they managed to actually get the holiday release out this year without breaking anything major.

Yep, like it or not, that's how Elon moves on SW Dev.

LoLing at the usual suspects here with the disagrees.

Kind of like banning journalists who criticized him and then un-banning them immediately and then partially banning them.
This is pure 4D chess that the rest of us can only aspire to.

Kind of like banning journalists who criticized him and then un-banning them immediately and then partially banning them.
This is pure 4D chess that the rest of us can only aspire to.

My POINT was some here are willing to burn him in effigy because they feel he betrayed and left the left. Problem is who are they going to run to? All other manufacturers literally have blood on their hands for a century of FF pollution, were founded by Hitler, or are only making token numbers of cars to PR their way to people's hearts.

When the rubber hits the road, Elon has been the driving force behind EV adoption, period. Everyone else just has given lip service until Tesla started eating their lunch.

Said it before, bears repeating, I will judge Elon on Twitter at the twelve month mark.

My POINT was some here are willing to burn him in effigy because they feel he betrayed and left the left. Problem is who are they going to run to? All other manufacturers literally have blood on their hands for a century of FF pollution, were founded by Hitler, or are only making token numbers of cars to PR their way to people's hearts.

When the rubber hits the road, Elon has been the driving force behind EV adoption, period. Everyone else just has given lip service until Tesla started eating their lunch.

Said it before, bears repeating, I will judge Elon on Twitter at the twelve month mark.
The point is that Elon is flailing around destroying Twitter while trying to repair all the damage he has done. He is making rash, irrational decisions that only serve to further damage Twitter, Tesla and his brand.
At 12 months, he may have salvaged something from the wreckage he has created but Twitter, Musk and Tesla will be much worse for the ordeal. The damage is permanent. Yes, he has been the driving force behind EV adoption... and also the driving force behind damaging Tesla and Twitter.

The point is that Elon is flailing around destroying Twitter while trying to repair all the damage he has done. He is making rash, irrational decisions that only serve to further damage Twitter, Tesla and his brand.
At 12 months, he may have salvaged something from the wreckage he has created but Twitter, Musk and Tesla will be much worse for the ordeal. The damage is permanent. Yes, he has been the driving force behind EV adoption... and also the driving force behind damaging Tesla and Twitter.

Destroyed? Bit hyperbolic.

The site hasn't gone down. By object accounts, user numbers are up.

It was never reasonable for 8k employees for this app, and things appear to run just fine with 2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.