Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I, personally, think the flat-earthers and their kin are a plague on the intelligence of reasoning power of humanity which are worthy of being fought, hence the item being on my list of what Elon SHOULD be doing in the name of using Twitter to advance the human race vs making it his personal political vendetta and conspiracy tool
I dunno… flat earthers, QAnon shamans, election deniers, white supremicists, lgbtq haters and antivaxxers must be crucial since apparently they’re the flickering light of human consciousness we’re trying to preserve by occupying mars…..

I dunno… flat earthers, QAnon shamans, election deniers, white supremicists, lgbtq haters and antivaxxers must be crucial since apparently they’re the flickering light of human consciousness we’re trying to preserve by occupying mars…..

It will be hilarious if Elon starts amplifying the flat-earth crowd since they caucus with his alt-right conspiracy tribe. Never mind the thousands of satellites he has in orbit - what's important here is owning the libs at all costs!

You can always find someone supporting something, no matter how extreme. Issue is that people like to take such an example and blow it up to unrealistic proportions.

Arguing for "burning down" the publication is like wanting to hate a newspaper because one didn't like one article that was published. Kind of a ridiculous standard, but people will forever point to x and keep saying "checkmate! Checkmate!"

Sidenote, I wonder how much Elon would say if his tweets were all done IRL (actually talking to people face to face). In other words, how much of his behavior is because he is doing it behind a virtual news desk? We do kinda see this in podcasts or in person appearances, but often the topics are more controlled or he's with people he agrees with. I only know of that one Twitter space from which he dipped as an possible example, but nothing beyond that.
Ian Miles Cheong is not "someone supporting something". He's a well known far right wing troll, Hitler fan-boy, climate change denier, etc., etc. And Elon retweets him constantly and seems to believe every lie this nut job pushes. It's indefensible other than by pleading insanity. That's where Elon is at now.

Ian Miles Cheong is not "someone supporting something". He's a well known far right wing troll, Hitler fan-boy, climate change denier, etc., etc. And Elon retweets him constantly and seems to believe every lie this nut job pushes. It's indefensible other than by pleading insanity. That's where Elon is at now.

When I say that phrase, I mean in the sense that for any given position, no matter how absurd, you'll find someone that supports it. I say someone as I take to mean a generic person, not anyone specific, as I was talking not only about this situation but other situations as well (ex. finding someone else to try to have a "both sides" conversation for things like the earth is flat vs round, or something crazy like 2+2 = 5).

If he happens to be those things that you mentioned (I have not personally dug into him but have seen his interactions in passing), then yea maybe he is more than something, but I want to make clear that when I say that I was not downplaying who he is or his effect on Elon, as again I was speaking in the general sense.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Does anyone think that Elon actually believes people want endless masking, or that this is what he needs to fight against?

He's gone full tribal - full absurdity - full scream-against-the-thing-that-doesn't-exist because doing something meaningful might be harder
Dunno what Elon believes, but there is no question that some people do want endless masking. Heck, in my community folks were wearing masks outdoors before covid ever became a thing. It maybe a small number that believe in endless masking, but it's not zero. Some are even PH officials with authority to mandate it.

Dunno what Elon believes, but there is no question that some people do want endless masking. Heck, in my community folks were wearing masks outdoors before covid ever became a thing. It maybe a small number that believe in endless masking, but it's not zero. Some are even PH officials with authority to mandate it.

There is an enormous leap from "some people chose to wear masks in some situations and I see them" to "we demand permanent mandatory masking of the entire human race"....

Or are you going to argue in favor of -forbidding- anyone from wearing a mask? That's as bad as a forever-mandate to wear them.

Last edited:

Doesn't matter what you or anybody else believes. Elon is amplifying a tweet promoting violence, clearly against Twitter policy, and seemingly without the slightest self-awareness. The person who made the tweet does this sort of thing regularly, and Elon seems to think his opinion is important.

Elon seems to have lost any self-respect he once had. He has certainly lost my respect. What he's doing at Twitter has gone from the farcical to the grotesque.

It's not, in general, that he has this or that position, or that he holds a belief about some topics in one direction or another. It's that he expresses these beliefs publicly even when silence would be far better. It's that he does so incessantly, in an immature way, seemingly agreeing with a cast of loathsome characters he has now embraced. He mocks victims of violent attacks. He bullies people he perceives as far weaker than him. He says things that are almost a call to violence, such as prosecute fauci, or his highlighting and not disagreeing with the call to burn down the New Yorker.

I guess I still have some hope that there is something fixable in Elon. Some endocrinopathy or somesuch, entirely reversible I would hope, of course.

I just can't understand how he hangs out with, associates with, is friends with, such an assortment of orcs and trolls. Something has gone wrong with him. Our Elon, the leader of the transition to sustainable energy, creator of the best, most just and green companies on earth, is now friends with Neo-nazis. The CEO who was famous for creating a meritocratic environment where anyone was encouraged to speak up if they knew of something wrong, has become a dictator and an ogre, lashing out and firing people who dare to express even the most minute criticism.

I cannot wrap my mind around it.

It's not, in general, that he has this or that position, or that he holds a belief about some topics in one direction or another. It's that he expresses these beliefs publicly even when silence would be far better. It's that he does so incessantly, in an immature way, seemingly agreeing with a cast of loathsome characters he has now embraced. He mocks victims of violent attacks. He bullies people he perceives as far weaker than him. He says things that are almost a call to violence, such as prosecute fauci, or his highlighting and not disagreeing with the call to burn down the New Yorker.

I guess I still have some hope that there is something fixable in Elon. Some endocrinopathy or somesuch, entirely reversible I would hope, of course.

I just can't understand how he hangs out with, associates with, is friends with, such an assortment of orcs and trolls. Something has gone wrong with him. Our Elon, the leader of the transition to sustainable energy, creator of the best, most just and green companies on earth, is now friends with Neo-nazis. The CEO who was famous for creating a meritocratic environment where anyone was encouraged to speak up if they knew of something wrong, has become a dictator and an ogre, lashing out and firing people who dare to express even the most minute criticism.

I cannot wrap my mind around it.

It's well known that the personality profiles of outstanding leaders/CEO are shockingly close to those of imprisoned sociopaths.... My feeling is that Elon is brilliant but has always been close to that line. He put toes across it every now and then (see his pedo-guy incident a few years ago). But he had a team around him at Tesla and Space-X who knew him well, and had coping mechanisms to help protect him from his worst self, and the work focused his energy in positive ways.

The acquisition of Twitter air-dropped him into a completely new environment where no one dared stand up to him, and without good people carefully leaning him towards the forces of light, he tipped to the far side which is unfortunately sloped downwards.

Appointing a replacement CEO at Twitter would seem to possibly help that dynamic, but the damage may have been done (to Elon's personality - Tesla can recover from the brand damage in a few years if we can just get Elon to SHUT UP)

Last edited:
For anyone not following the logic, what Elon means by "I'm not cis" is that he is "normal" and therefore needs no descriptor.

By the same logic he is not heterosexual, he is "normal". He believes that only "abnormal" people should be labeled as such, and that anyone's effort to use more inclusive language is an act of oppression against him.

Tesla board should fire him and give the official reason as "cost cutting" -- if he's got time to read, watch, and respond to crap like that, he clearly doesn't have anything to do at Tesla.
Did I miss some negative news?
You mean that Twitter went down yesterday? Actually, on second thought, it would probably be a net positive for humanity if Twitter just went down and stayed down forever. If Elon wants to spend $44 billion to shut down that cesspool for good, I'll thank him for doing so.

For those of us who don’t watch or read the Pravda, It’s good that this thread is here to educate on all the newest .gov approved talking points, catchphrases, and labels for folks who don’t conform.
Funny thing is Elon’s neo-Nazi friends on Twitter are actually supporters of Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.