Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s basically my point.

I would like to add that we in the west and especially in Europe have dropped the ball in an epic way in the years leading up to this war.

The dependency on Russian oil and gas, not stepping in much sooner when Russia occupied the Crimea, MH17 -the list goes on. We turned a blind eye in our addiction to fossil fuels and the world would be a different place if we acted sooner.
Point is were faced with an awful war that needs to stop and I ‘get’ Elon’s position -flawed as it might be.

There's a big difference between wanting a peaceful solution vs saying that Elon's proposal isn't wacky.

Also I get the west may not have done as well in the past with regards to Russia. However, that does not mean that therefore the solution must be peaceful. I know it is popular to blame the west, and while they could be a factor as to why the situation is today, the past should not be used as a reason to push for flawed peace, especially with someone one cannot reason logically with at the moment.

FWIW, Elon’s ‘peace proposal’ wasn’t all that wacky.

It is painfully clear that the west and NATO are giving the Ukraine just enough weapons to not lose the war and not enough to win it.

No tanks, fighter planes in sufficient quantities at least to make a real difference.

So what do we want? Years and years of war that utterly destroys Oekraine and Russia at tremendous cost of life or give Russia a way to somewhat safe face, stop the war, rebuild Oekraine and isolate Russia like we do North Korea?

It’s probably not a popular opinion in this thread but it’s the most sensible thing to do imo.

It's probably not a popular opinion, but also a selfish opinion and goes to show how people really are/think.

So sad that some Europeans have this view honestly and most aren't even doing as much to defend something that is far more their problem than the US problem. There is a reason that Finland/Sweden joined NATO. Russia/Putin is the ultimate bully honestly and he has been doing this because he's always bullying right up to the edge of everyone's limit. You can see why they keep bringing up nukes because they are almost setting up a recipe for any regime now to invade, take over others and if others defend, we'll threaten with nukes. This is why N. Korea will never ever give up nukes and why more and more country will seek nukes to justify any aggression.

Putin has used chemical warfare in the past and I could see him using dirty bombs/tactical nukes if he knew he can get away with it really.

Many parts of Ukraine is already utterly destroyed and this has all the impact on civilians and not really the military. I have no issues with isolating Russia like N. Korea and don't think anyone needs to allow Putin to save face. If anything in history shows, Russian leaders starting and losing wars tend to end badly for them.

Maybe someone can look it up, but I think Elon's plan was for Russia to keep what they had and walk away after that. I think you would have a different view if it was your or your family's home/lands that had to be given up. It'll also sadly set a precedent that any country can now take over whoever they want and they can get away with it (China -> Taiwan).

Russian separatists shot down MH17 in 2014.

I have every reason to go full Mel Gibson on Russia.

The Netherlands is home to more than 100.000 Ukrainian refugees and I have personally made round trips picking up refugees from and bringing goods to the Polish border.

My opinion is that the only way to end this war is for NATO to step in which would start WW III.

Russia will just go on throwing bodies into the fire and that this war will last for years at tremendous cost. You might not like my opinion, fine.

I certainly don't like your opinion, but I still feel it's a selfish view of the world and goes to again, show the selfishness of people in society. You're pretty much saying as long as the war ends, we should give bullies whatever they want. Maybe think about if you were the one displaced and I guess in your view, that's ok.

A further problem I have with your view really then is that you're now stating to me that any country who is threatened is ok with just rolling over. As long as WWIII is avoided at all costs (like Russia now takes over Netherlands and kills you, all your family members), that's all ok and we should just give them what they want then to avoid WWIII because you know, bully threatening it to get what they want so we have to comply.

I suppose I'm always of the view that bullys only respect power and if the threats to WWIII does show up, then they show up. The aggressor Putin will die as well probably, but that's why it's all a threat and all idiotic of course, but someone has to stand up at great risk to everyone or bullys can just do as they please.

At the end of the day, we'll all be dead eventually, but I am far ok with sharing in the cost/paying to push back. Russia will keep throwing bodies and if their people allows that, then so be it.

I would like to add that we in the west and especially in Europe have dropped the ball in an epic way in the years leading up to this war.

Probably the only thing I agree with you on this. Similar to being as energy independent as possible and not depending on utilities for lots of us here, Europe was dumb to depend on Russia for so much energy. It's sorta like companies depending on 1 supplier for components and we see it with EV batteries.

The problem has always been $$/profits/cheap society/companies/shareholders/etc... Sfuff costs $$ to build resiliency, but the peace of mind not having to depend on 1 country/IOU/person is epic.

Europe still has a long way to go with their own defense.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Apparently he is getting credit for unbanning Tate from Twatter which indirectly led to Tate’s arrest via his and Thunberg’s exhange. 🤷‍♂️
Sunlight, disinfectant and all that. I think it also applies to Trump. Inviting him back certainly hasn't helped him. He seems to think that he has more to lose by returning which is a pretty good place for us all to be.

Sunlight, disinfectant and all that. I think it also applies to Trump. Inviting him back certainly hasn't helped him. He seems to think that he has more to lose by returning which is a pretty good place for us all to be.
I’d say the people pushing that nonsense are desperate for a win for their “team” and spinning reality as usual.

I think it’s pretty obvious Elon unbanned people like Trump and Tate because he believed the controversy would drive traffic to his website. To try and pretend now that his intention was to “disinfect” by allowing these people back on twitter after they had already been “disinfected”/banned there is absolutely laughable and a sad attempt at spin.

I think it’s pretty obvious Elon unbanned people like Trump and Tate because he believed the controversy would drive traffic to his website. To try and pretend now that his intention was to “disinfect” by allowing these people back on twitter after they had already been “disinfected”/banned there is absolutely laughable and a sad attempt at spin.
He did draw the line at Alex Jones. 🏁

In any case, Twitter was highly compromised but that doesn’t mean the fight is over.

There’s still several social media platforms with Federales in place that need to be cleaned up.

Reactions: philw1776

Tesla Analyst Warns Situation Could Turn Uglier If Elon Musk Doesn't Change Course, Lists 10-Point Plan For Reversing Sentiment Tesla Inc. TSLA shares have rebounded in the past two sessions after bottoming under the $109-level on Wednesday. A Tesla bull offered his take on what needs to be done if the recovery should sustain. The Tesla Analyst: Wedbush's Daniel Ives has an Outperform rating and $175 piece target for the shares.

The Tesla Thesis: If CEO Elon Musk doesn’t change direction, the situation at Tesla could turn uglier, Ives said in a recent note. The analyst listed 10 things Tesla investors wish for to turn sentiment around at the electric vehicle maker in 2023. These include:
1. Musk naming a CEO for Twitter by the end of January.
2. The billionaire pausing stock sales and formally adopting a 10b5-1 plan just so to reassure investors there won’t be any more selling around the corner
. 3. Issue a conservative 2023 delivery guidance, with 35% growth looking like a more realistic goal as opposed to the current outlook for 50% growth
. 4. Musk turning his attention back to Tesla, as he is the “heart and lungs” of the company.
5. Announce that Cybertruck will begin deliveries by the end of 2023.
6. Change the composition of the board of directors, drawing in people with some more experience in tech and EV leadership.
7. Announce a major stock buyback program.
8. Increase transparency around financial metrics and margin structure.
9. Musk remaining apolitical on Twitter, as his political views are affecting Tesla’s brand image
. 10. Lay out a strategic plan for Twitter as currently, Tesla investors fear that Twitter bleeding more money could necessitate Musk selling more stock.

Unfortunately, sunlight isn’t the cure-all we hope it is.

Jezebel reported in August that educators are concerned that Tate’s views are worming their way into young boys’ minds. Rodlyn-mae Banting described him thusly:

Over the last six years, he’s [Tate] amassed 11.6 billion TikTok views, 4.7 million Instagram followers, and multiple appearances on vlogs and podcasts, giving him horrific reach for his content.

His greatest hits include the following: saying women shouldn’t drive, comparing women to dogs, viewing his girlfriends as monetary assets, and claiming women should “bear responsibility” for being raped…

Income wise? Tate ran Hustler’s University 2.0 (upgraded to Hustler’s University 3.0 on Monday), a “modern wealth creation” course that promises its more than 100,000 users, many of whom are young men, hacks on how to make $10,000 a month, per the Guardian...all for the low price of $49.99 a month.

This sunlight analogy is hogwash. Giving someone like Tate a megaphone to reach millions NORMALIZES corrosive behavior and attitudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.