Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does mDAU mean?

What does it mean compared to what Musk thinks it means?
First, I am sure Elon knows what mDAU means. He just continues to represent a different measure, and then disingenuously purports that looking at Tweet balance from spam/fake accounts vs regular users will bear any relationship to the mDAU measure.

So anyway, all these metrics are very different. The TLDR is:

1) mDAU have to use Twitter apps/website that are able to show ads to be counted, but there are other ways to access Twitter which are very likely to be used heavily by fake/spam accounts.

2) To be an mDAU, Tweeting is not required. So looking at ratios of fake/spam Tweets to real human Tweets is pointless.

Reactions: ohmman
1659815781036.png

In fact almost nothing can be deemed a material adverse effect. It's only happened once in the history of the Delaware Court of Chancery!

Elon's legal strategy is increasingly bizarre. Tweeting that the only issue holding up the deal is the mDAU bot auditing after you just paid your lawyers to write up a whole bunch of other claims seems ill advised... His lawyers need to advise him that tweets are admissible as evidence.

My assumption is that everything Twitter does is to maximize ad revenue. Is that a problem? Maybe people like being in echo chambers and that's what maximizes engagement?
I am very interested to see what happens when Elon takes over and runs it as a public service.

Elon continues his strategy of undermining his own case. If the bot problem is known to everyone that makes it a lot harder to prove that Twitter's proprietary metric is deceptive.

Personally speaking, I think it would be an injustice if the Court rules against Elon. Twitter seem to be able to manipulate data with impunity...and by admitting it they think that’s a get out of jail free card.
It’s like if Tesla lied about how many cars they sold...by, for example, chalking up cancelled orders as sales.
Of course a court case seldom hinges on right or wrong....

It’s like if Tesla lied about how many cars they sold...by, for example, chalking up cancelled orders as sales.
It's nothing like that. First, nobody has proven that the mDAU metric is wrong yet. There's only conflation with "bots on the platform" as a tactic to confuse laypeople. Advertisers care about mDAU and don't care about "bots on the platform." They care about human eyes seeing their ads - people who log in using twitter.com or the Twitter app.

There is no decent analogy to Tesla since Tesla isn't marketing their sales to a third party for monetization. Maybe if in the future, Tesla serves ads on the MCU during FSD (I know, bear with me) and estimates how many people are actually looking at the screen using the camera, that would be somehow similar. But if they put forward a best effort and say it's kind of impossible to know for sure.. well, that's what Twitter's doing.

Reactions: JRP3
It's nothing like that. First, nobody has proven that the mDAU metric is wrong yet. There's only conflation with "bots on the platform" as a tactic to confuse laypeople. Advertisers care about mDAU and don't care about "bots on the platform." They care about human eyes seeing their ads - people who log in using twitter.com or the Twitter app.

There is no decent analogy to Tesla since Tesla isn't marketing their sales to a third party for monetization. Maybe if in the future, Tesla serves ads on the MCU during FSD (I know, bear with me) and estimates how many people are actually looking at the screen using the camera, that would be somehow similar. But if they put forward a best effort and say it's kind of impossible to know for sure.. well, that's what Twitter's doing.

I know you mean well, but I hope Elon didn’t read your post.

However, if we do start seeing ads next year on our screens, we all know whom to blame. 🙂

• Funny
Reactions: GWord
Ok...how about range?

Ok...how about range?
Wait until you learn about how EV EPA range is calculated. It's more arbitrary than mDAU.
Manufacturers can use an outdated version of the EPA test and then apply a fudge factor of their choosing. Tesla takes full advantage. haha.
I bet @AlanSubie4Life could write a 127 page document of criticism.

Wait until you learn about how EV EPA range is calculated. It's more arbitrary than mDAU.
Manufacturers can use an outdated version of the EPA test and then apply a fudge factor of their choosing. Tesla takes full advantage. haha.
I bet @AlanSubie4Life could write a 127 page document of criticism.

Most experienced Tesla owners can attest to this. In my Model 3, it’s real range in good weather is around 275 miles. (325 mile range EPA)
Winter range (say going to Tahoe from the Bay Area for skiing) is around 220 miles.

My S got about 170 miles in good conditions. (208 miles EPA)
Winter range for my S… what winter range? I dare not take it out for a long drive in winter!

Reactions: 30seconds
Reactions: Daniel in SD
Most experienced Tesla owners can attest to this. In my Model 3, it’s real range in good weather is around 275 miles. (325 mile range EPA)
Winter range (say going to Tahoe from the Bay Area for skiing) is around 220 miles.

My S got about 170 miles in good conditions. (208 miles EPA)
Winter range for my S… what winter range? I dare not take it out for a long drive in winter!
its definitely more than 5%

Reactions: betstarship
Twitter’s market price starting to trend to what would be expected if Elon is either forced to acquire it or an out-of-court settlement with a small discount is reached.

It does seem that Elon values Twitter more highly than the market, so that opens up some room for a negotiated settlement to be reached, per the videos linked above.

Status
Not open for further replies.