Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the CEO of a company go to his employees and ask what political party do you support?
Yes, political affiliation is not a protected class. I think he could even implement an affirmative action program and hire equally from both sides. The issue he would have is that engineers and computer programmers are overwhelmingly not Republicans and I bet his companies tend to hire younger people which would make it even harder.

Yes, when making comparisons it is always a good idea to compare stocks that are in as different a league as possible.

Here's a comparison with a few more closely related charts added. (you CAN tell that they are related, can't you?)

TSLA-black
AMZN-green
SPX-orange
NDX-blue
MSFT-pink
META-violet

There seems to be a trend here... though Facebook seems to have been hit harder by the Twitter purchase than were the others.

I guess that TSLA was lucky to have fared so well. 🤷‍♂️

Funny when down 50% is considered well (mom, I got a D and Jimmy got an F!).

With the /s, I think my point was your post was meaningless since AMZN has no relation to TSLA at all. Why I bring up the lies, damned lies and statistics point. At least ENPH is in a clean energy space similar to EVs like TSLA, but if you track EV stocks specifically, they are all in the crapper like TSLA too. Stocks pretty much usually move in tandem with the overall market.

There is some relation with Twitter and other social media, but too bad twitter doesn't trade and we only have TSLA to watch which is many magnitudes larger than Twitter. The whole ad market is bad honestly for a multitude of reasons.

I keep going back to let's see in 3 months, 6 months, a year+, etc...I for one, don't think many points brought up on this thread has much point anymore, but it's a fine time waster. I'm more in the wait and see how it all plays out camp now and will leave you guys all to your back and forth fun.

I think the risk with Tesla is they are cutting prices this month due to the tax credit coming (to prevent people delaying purchases), I think competition is much stronger now, Tesla vehicles are too common and prices are much higher than previously to consider Tesla a cheap "deal". Supply should ramp up as well I believe and it'd be good to see if they cut prices further to maintain market share as more options roll out.

I think the risk with Tesla is they are cutting prices this month due to the tax credit coming (to prevent people delaying purchases), I think competition is much stronger now, Tesla vehicles are too common and prices are much higher than previously to consider Tesla a cheap "deal". Supply should ramp up as well I believe and it'd be good to see if they cut prices further to maintain market share as more options roll out.
It’s a double whammy, tbh. People are holding off on new auto purchases mainly because of economic outlook, trade in values trending back toward normal in my experience.

I stated it in another thread before but at this point I’m blowing out the front end (8%+ off) on several models that months ago the notion would have been laughable or strictly an employee deal situation.

Funny when down 50% is considered well (mom, I got a D and Jimmy got an F!).

With the /s, I think my point was your post was meaningless since AMZN has no relation to TSLA at all. Why I bring up the lies, damned lies and statistics point. At least ENPH is in a clean energy space similar to EVs like TSLA, but if you track EV stocks specifically, they are all in the crapper like TSLA too. Stocks pretty much usually move in tandem with the overall market.

There is some relation with Twitter and other social media, but too bad twitter doesn't trade and we only have TSLA to watch which is many magnitudes larger than Twitter. The whole ad market is bad honestly for a multitude of reasons.

I keep going back to let's see in 3 months, 6 months, a year+, etc...I for one, don't think many points brought up on this thread has much point anymore, but it's a fine time waster. I'm more in the wait and see how it all plays out camp now and will leave you guys all to your back and forth fun.

Some people, when zooming out and looking at the broader market, can recognize how macro-economic trends affect the big dogs in the market in a similar fashion. Others are unable to make that correlation quite as easily.

Good luck with your creative strategy for evaluation.

Thank you for playing. 😁

Seems bad. Hopefully neither Weiss nor Taibbi clicked the direct messages button. The screen is watermarked showing it's logged in as Ella Irwin, the new head of trust and safety (who presumably has full access).

I don't see how the government can get involved then or now. Twitter is a private company. Their internal guidelines are not legally binding documents. If they wanted to shadow ban everyone they don't like for disingenuous reasons then they're legally allowed to do that.

Likewise under Elon if they wanted to shadow ban every liberal or democratic on twitter and lie about it they're legally allowed to do that. If you don't like it then move to reddit. It's not like Twitter has a monopoly on speech.

I don't see how the government can get involved then or now. Twitter is a private company. Their internal guidelines are not legally binding documents. If they wanted to shadow ban everyone they don't like for disingenuous reasons then they're legally allowed to do that.

Likewise under Elon if they wanted to shadow ban every liberal or democratic on twitter and lie about it they're legally allowed to do that. If you don't like it then move to reddit. It's not like Twitter has a monopoly on speech.
Private companies are subject to US law. The concern was that Twitter giving access to private messages to a third party would be illegal.
Anyway Ella Irwin says the images were taken by herself and Weiss did not have access to Twitter’s internal systems.

This chart comparison clearly illustrates the strong influence the Twitter saga has had upon TSLA when compared to AMZN over the past year.

TSLA - Black
AMZN - Green

Hopefully this comprehensively demonstrates once and for all just how the Twitter deal has negatively affected TSLA in a markedly different way than the Macro environment's effect upon both of these stocks.

I had no idea the Twitter purchase had also affected AMZN in such a similar way. 🤔

/s
If you want to compare TSLA vs AMZN because of Twitter, don't you think you should at least start from when Elon Musk announced he wanted to buy Twitter? (no idea what the result will be, just a suggestion)

If you want to compare TSLA vs AMZN because of Twitter, don't you think you should at least start from when Elon Musk announced he wanted to buy Twitter? (no idea what the result will be, just a suggestion)

I was recreating a chart SMR had shown in today's YT vid.

When, specifically, did Elon say he was buying?
(I seem to recall it being February of this year, but I wouldn't bet on my memory. :rolleyes:
Still, if so, that would be included in the span of the chart posted.)

If the date is different, feel free to compare those as you suggest, easy to do on Nasdaq's TSLA Charts page.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Private companies are subject to US law. The concern was that Twitter giving access to private messages to a third party would be illegal.
Anyway Ella Irwin says the images were taken by herself and Weiss did not have access to Twitter’s internal systems.
Like I said, all these threads about this got carried away. What did people think happened??? With the watermarking this was pretty evident.

Private companies have to follow regulations. Including about discrimination. Its not a free-for-all as some would believe.

Like I said, all these threads about this got carried away. What did people think happened??? With the watermarking this was pretty evident.
Well, I figured she gave them the login. haha. After all, they got rid of the FBI lawyer who was preventing them from seeing stuff. I guess I'm also falling for this whole performance.
My favorite subplot is Elon accusing Jack of being a criminal:

I figured she gave them the login. haha.

I mean, clearly they’re not that silly.

I guess I'm also falling for this whole performance.

Yes. It is a tangled web they weave, but have to keep perspective.

Elon is cost cutting and maximizing drama to drive engagement, and perhaps to own the libs.

Best to ignore the minutiae and focus on the overall trajectory. It’s not clear whether they will be successful, but it does look for sure like it will be expensive.

Twitter was a fine-functioning mediocre company, that was not in crisis before Elon took over. As a result of the takeover, it now has a debt problem (they had to pay me out!), so if that can be resolved somehow, maybe there is a chance. Nothing else really matters.

The “shadowbanning-that-is-not-actually-shadowbannning” was obvious to anyone who, you know, uses Twitter, for the last several years. The end user could see it happening; this is why people complained about it (and in most cases was easy to bypass). So not sure what the story is there.

Last edited:
He keeps replying to pedo posters.
Look at this guy. Elon has replied to him 4 times in the past 24 hours.

I am no fan of any of these guys, really, but I think the evidence is pretty thin based on this Tweet. Proof seems like a very strong word. I mean, for all you know, he was just replying ironically with a trending hashtag. Hopefully you have more concrete evidence other than him being in Malaysia, along with a few random Tweets, which are stupid but not incriminating.

Have you really chased down the context and done other searching before leveling such serious accusations?

All a bit silly. Let’s focus on Elon & Twitter and related issues which could have an impact on the financial situation surrounding Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.