Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every citizen of the US should be well aware that we don’t have mob rule and lynchings and this kind of allegation should be handled within the criminal justice system or with civil debate.
The problem is that Elon is also telling people that the justice system is political and elites are protected.

You believe it’s affecting your portfolio, nothing more. You know how to rectify that.
I've explained, repeatedly, that I also believe it's negatively affecting the mission of Tesla, but apparently you refuse to acknowledge what I've written and prefer to continue painting a caricature to fit your narrative.

The problem is that Elon is also telling people that the justice system is political and elites are protected.
Not just the elites but a there is strong correlation toward there being a “priest class” as well that is effectively untouchable.

Still not an incitement to violence no matter how much we wanna spin that worn out dreidel.

No it doesn’t depend on that at all. People are responsible for their actions especially with respect to acts or threats of violence. It depends exclusively on what was said and the context and the intent, at least if we’re going off the US legal definition (I’m not a lawyer).

“Whoever, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony that has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against property or against the person of another in violation of the laws of the United States, and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent, solicits, commands, induces, or otherwise endeavors to persuade such other person to engage in such conduct”
Sure, as a legal requirement...but as a practical matter, I think it might.
One does not go "investigate" a pizza place with a gun looking for a child sex ring unless induced.

Or storm The Capitol building...unless told to "fight like hell"
The size of the megaphone does matter.

Yes woosh I guess.

Can you explain it to me more? Are you categorically dismissing statistics as a source of knowledge about the world? Do you have a problem with the usage of California sales data as a measure of Tesla’s demand, especially amongst the demographic we are concerned about? Are you implying I was being deliberately misleading?

Did he say that? Can you point to any specific instances where he has criticized the justice system in the United States and claimed it’s corrupt?

I haven’t paid close attention but I remember him saying multiple times in the past that he think the US Justice system is surprisingly good and he respects judges. He even said he would abide by his settlement with the SEC because he respects the Justice system even though he doesn’t respect the SEC.

The other side of FTX ....Alemeda...... was also funding Republicans, so they were playing both sides of the aisle.
No big surprise there.

Fixed it for ya.

In any case it’s veering away from the subject which is that at least for now it looks like Elon might have been wrong about the kid skirting charges.

Charges aren’t convictions though so we’ll see.

• Funny
Reactions: Nathan and Unpilot
So, OK, so what it good about Twitter? We know Elon has exactly zero knowledge about Bankman Fried, as well as whoever Tom Fitton is.

And Bankman Fried just was arrested, today, December 12, and is expected to be extradited to the SD NY, that well known woke mind virus hotbed.

So a couple of tweets were wrong, which is not even remotely surprising since 90% of Twitter is just people, mostly celebrities, posting whatever nonsense goes through their head.

And yes, Twitter is a vehicle for amplifying posts. But a post, any post, shoudn't it have to earn its amplification?

Of course not, I know that's a stupid question. I still cannot believe Elon even posts on it let alone buys it.

Yes he appears to have implied that. I wish he hadn’t done it. That doesn’t make it incitement of violence because the statement did not include anything whatsoever telling people to threaten Yoel Roth nor does it appear to have had that intent. Every citizen of the US should be well aware that we don’t have mob rule and lynchings and this kind of allegation should be handled within the criminal justice system or with civil debate.

No it doesn’t depend on that at all. People are responsible for their actions especially with respect to acts or threats of violence. It depends exclusively on what was said and the context and the intent, at least if we’re going off the US legal definition (I’m not a lawyer).

“Whoever, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony that has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against property or against the person of another in violation of the laws of the United States, and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent, solicits, commands, induces, or otherwise endeavors to persuade such other person to engage in such conduct”
“That doesn’t make it incitement of violence because the statement did not include anything whatsoever telling people to threaten Yoel Roth nor does it appear to have had that intent.”

I think it is hopelessly naïve to believe in the hyper-partisan, hyper-violent, and hyper-armed America of 2022 that an insinuation of pedophilia (QAnon’s favoritest cause célèbre) would have no repercussions or put lives at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.