Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No woke has gone wild imo. Like why are all the characters in our movies gay? Why instead of making a new compelling black princess but instead made Aerial black? Who asked for this? Do gay characters being gay advance the story ? Even Michael Bay's poor attempt at appeasing the Chinese actually has something to do with the story in his transformer movies.

Honestly all of this woke crap sprinkled into movies and TV shows has became as cringe as movie product placements. It's corporate America pretending to care but the lack of effort of incorporating diversity is pretty apparent. It's literally what white straight people think what minority and gays want which is totally not true. Social justice warriors gone wrong.
I don’t need to point out how misguided this all is to point out...
It is WAY off topic. No one is here for bizarre movie / cartoon criticism and discussion of social justice and wokeism unrelated to Tesla, Twitter or Elon.
Though you WILL find a more appropriate place and welcome audience on Twitter for this kind of thing.

Yeah that’s way too big a leap. Next up is going to be promoting D**d S*dd*nly. He’s already circling the drain on that one…he’s so so close! You can do it Elon!

He’s very attuned to those with “pure blood” these days, it seems (check the TL of the one he is responding to). So that would be my guess for what he will do, if he continues his bender on Twitter against the Branch Covidians.

Needs the pure bloods to help him clean up Twitter! I wish I could adjust size of images on mobile - still disabled- sorry…View attachment 884193
What is he even talking about Sweden is further along in full vaccination status than the United States. Oh wait he is lying again. My bad.

What is he even talking about Sweden is further along in full vaccination status than the United States. Oh wait he is lying again. My bad.
He's talking about the often misunderstood assumption by rightwingnuts that with respect to covid Sweden was some libertarian paradise of no government intervention.

Having had the pleasure on another board of going back and forth with an actual Swede during the whole thing, I would point out that the main difference between US and Sweden was Sweden had almost total public buy in to ministry of health recommendations, unlike here. When everyone masks up, social distances, and later gets vaccinated, sure, you can perhaps have fewer stay at home orders or whatever. See also South Korea.

Kanye just got banned didn't he.
Yes a bunch of accounts have been reinstated, but if they still spew hate, don't you think they will get banned?
+Elon seeing what he saw inside twitter, thinks v1.0 was extremely left biased. He is starting with clean chit, but I think a lot of accounts will get banned again (after they pay $8 :)
Pretty much once Elon seriously asserts that AP is "hard left" that leaves things like Fox News as unbiased. So his assertions don't mean anything like what they seem to mean. His middle of the road is what anybody else would call partisan to hyper-partisan right.

Once you start believing nonsense, anything can make sense. And when you surround yourself with people who spew nonsense, it's easy to start believing it. Especially when you're looking for scapegoats ("Why doesn't my kid love me?").

What I'm hoping is that all these jerks Elon is hanging around with fail badly at everything he asks them to do, so maybe he begins to grasp just how wrong and useless they are.

It’s not really lying, it is just nonsense. It takes a lot more effort to refute nonsense than it takes to create it. Not really even related to the Tweet he replied to!

It’s just a reminder that Elon is not operating from first principles on Twitter, and is just amplifying and driving engagement. I can’t imagine this is good for Truth Social!

It’s very interesting, and I wonder whether (and how) it is possible for it to get worse.

He's talking about the often misunderstood assumption by rightwingnuts that with respect to covid Sweden was some libertarian paradise of no government intervention.

Having had the pleasure on another board of going back and forth with an actual Swede during the whole thing, I would point out that the main difference between US and Sweden was Sweden had almost total public buy in to ministry of health recommendations, unlike here. When everyone masks up, social distances, and later gets vaccinated, sure, you can perhaps have fewer stay at home orders or whatever. See also South Korea.
In addition - if you compare death rates in Sweden to neighboring countries, Sweden fared far worse. And similarly for economic effects of covid as well.

So again - while as Elon says, "Sweden is fine" - as you say the truth is far more nuanced than that extremely generalized statement - and comparatively, Sweden is did not do "fine" compared to neighboring countries and could have done a lot better.

Elon's tweet needs to have a community note attached.

Amazing to see a lot of old time posters to this website return. A sign of the level of concern about this issue.
👋
Today's is not the Elon I met in 2012 - That was a leader with vision, a nerdy engineer with a quirky sense of humor and incredible drive; all together it made him endearing. I honestly think that having hundred's of millions of people now listen to him and power literally over people's lives and reputations has sadly corrupted him. I fear that every Tweet further down the crazy rabbit-hole is going to make it harder and harder for the genius ever to return.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I’d be interested in seeing what the second order effects were in Sweden and use that as a point of comparison as well.
Here ya go.

Based on your posts here, you would like Drum, he's probably right where you are on that graph.

Really, the most disappointing thing about Elon and Twitter is that when it comes to research anyone can go to the underlying facts in a matter of minutes.

I'm mostly frustrated by the eagerness of anyone to re-post stuff without doing any research on it. Especially on Twitter where alleging someone ought to be prosecuted or worse is just another tweet.

Ahh, back to looking at statistics I see.
Yes, back to looking at statistics. That’s what matters.

You're still wrong, but you choose whatever number to make your case better and admit that at least:
No. You’re assuming a nefarious motive when in fact the California New Car Dealers Association didn’t report data on Lucid and I didn’t notice.

Tesla sold more than 100x more cars in California alone than Lucid did worldwide in Q3 so I struggle to see how that substantially changes the point I was making.

Here’s a modified version that’s more accurate:
In Q3, Tesla and Genesis and Lucid were the only brands in California with increased sales relative to Q2. Genesis and Lucid are is a tiny brands so let's set them aside. The bottom line is that Tesla's sales went up while every other major car company's sales went down.

Heh my dad just called me asking realistically what the trade-in on his model X would be and what would be a decent car to replace it. We're both physicians who saw the pandemic very up close, and the recent tweets are the direct cause of wanting to drop the company. Right now he's leaning BMW iX. I think I'm going to have to go with the i4, or maybe stretch a little and go for a Taycan.

Status
Not open for further replies.