Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The company to watch for is Hyundai/Kia

I honestly wonder if this is getting any coverage:

Things like fixing the Berlin staffing issues.

Third shift starts this monday. Job market in Europe is incredibly tight, especially technical staff is hard to get.

Berlin Giga currently has 380 vacancies.

I don't even recognize this guy any more. Who is this a*hole tweeting as Elon Musk?

Gleefully amplifying trolls, propagandists, and outright criminals. Endlessly repeating lies based on nothing at all. Ridiculing people for failing to suck up to him. Messing destructively and dangerously with people's lives. This is either a serious mental breakdown or other internal tragedy.

Soon I expect to see him tweeting:
"Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred..."

What a tragedy.

45518274-2A7D-42F3-85A3-51F9C854C081.jpeg

This seems to lay out one aspect of social media's problems

View attachment 886199
I think the fact that this is done online makes it very difficult to have a chance at a reasonable debate with an open setting. With the ability to hide behind anonymous accounts and the nature of posting behind conductive to dunking I don't know if how things are today could be really made into a way for actual debate. Even when I talk with people I know in real life things like spamming of "just asking questions" and posting of highly questionable sources leads debate to a dead end.

C5484FB0-1C37-47C7-BD20-A51720961313.png

Sorry this is only a screen grab, as I’m on a plane ..but it is WELL worth typing in a search for the thread. It’s pretty illuminating, Musk and one of his people interacting in real time with journos about the ban.
I just don’t even know what to say.
There’s also a claim — just a claim mind you - of an earlier case in which Musk obtained the name of an employer of a “semi-anonymous investor” who’d been posting critical things.
I’d normally be more circumspect but for obvious reasons that was a jolt.
The rest of the thread seems super solid.
It’s worse than I thought.

Last edited:
I honestly wonder if this is getting any coverage:

Third shift starts this monday. Job market in Europe is incredibly tight, especially technical staff is hard to get.

Berlin Giga currently has 380 vacancies.
It certainly doesn't help that pay at Tesla is reportedly substantially below that what's paid by competitors like Volkswagen and who wouldn't like to work for a tetchy billionaire who has a job vacancy for someone with a police or intelligence background who is supposed to spy on Tesla's own employees?

View attachment 886354
Sorry this is only a screen grab, as I’m on a plane ..but it is WELL worth typing in a search for the thread. It’s pretty illuminating, Musk and one of his people interacting in real time with journos about the ban.
I just don’t even know what to say.
There’s also a claim — just a claim mind you - of an earlier case in which Musk obtained the name of an employer of a “semi-anonymous investor” who’d been posting critical things.
I’d normally be more circumspect but for obvious reasons that was a jolt.
The rest of the thread seems super solid.
It’s worse than I thought.
The case you might be referring to is with Lawrence Fossi (Montana Skeptic on Twitter). Fossi, either through stupidity or cynicism, regularly posted half baked “news” about Tesla in the early days. It was correct and inevitable that Fossi’s anonymity was destroyed.

It’s frustrating that TSLAQ was wrong about the business but half right about Musk’s character.

If Elon is on the plane he usually flies at this moment, I wonder if he was ordered to testify in Deutschland...

Personally I am not a fan of the M3/MY minimalist interior. I like the way almost every other car looks on the inside compared to my M3. I bought this car because it drives well and the DC fast charging network on it uses the most easily is the best. But definitely not for the interior.

We'll agree to disagree on the interior. I LOVE the minimalism. Like going from a blackberry to a smartphone and dropping the keys and none of the functionality.

And as you mention, the car drives excellent. I had a BMW 3 series, sport version known for handling, and the P3D I have now eats it alive in every way.

Feels like a power tripping Discord Mod banning people left and right thing.

It could have been done by a bot/automation, but seems risky to have accounts where like how youtube may ban you for things due to fake copyright reports by haters/competitors which affects your livelihood.

Just risky/hard to build a following when you can/may/possibly lose an account you built 10+ years gathering followers on.

Glad I don't play on Twitter.

G
The case you might be referring to is with Lawrence Fossi (Montana Skeptic on Twitter). Fossi, either through stupidity or cynicism, regularly posted half baked “news” about Tesla in the early days. It was correct and inevitable that Fossi’s anonymity was destroyed.

It’s frustrating that TSLAQ was wrong about the business but half right about Musk’s character.
fair enough. Makes sense….The description of the recent interactions though is the main issue in the thread. Pretty bad. He’s off the rails.

Musk replied to Schiff, “Thankfully, you lose your chairmanship very soon. Your brain is too small.”

Well, Mr. Musk, I' sure that posting boorish insults on kindergarten level will be tremendously helpful to turn Twitter into a successful business venture.

We'll agree to disagree on the interior. I LOVE the minimalism. Like going from a blackberry to a smartphone and dropping the keys and none of the functionality.

And as you mention, the car drives excellent. I had a BMW 3 series, sport version known for handling, and the P3D I have now eats it alive in every way.
I really like the minimalist interior also. I have a couple software quibbles And wish the wipers functions worked a little better to my liking in my climate, but overall just love the car. I just wish Elon would just quit it with the distractions (won't get into my political views with regard to what he has been doing) and focus on improving things that can yet be improved, and perhaps look toward the next advantage, possibly in battery production? No special knowledge there, just seems like a logical thing that could be improved to great advantage.

Elon is not religious and the only thing he supports is the right to do what you want. Saying what BB and Elon are aligned is nonsense. He just feel that comedy shouldn't be canceled, and whatever BB believes go have at it.

It's the super woke that is the problem. They are the ones whining so loud that it is impeding on other people's freedoms.
When you were in middle school there were probably a lot of "fat jokes" directed at some overweight kids. You probably laughed at them and thought they were funny. From everything you've written so far I have every reason to believe that even today you think they're just funny jokes. But they're not and they never were. They were and are expressions of hate. Nearly everything the Babylon Bee writes is similarly pure hate pretending to masquerade as humor. That you can't see it says a lot about who you are.

When you were in middle school there were probably a lot of "fat jokes" directed at some overweight kids. You probably laughed at them and thought they were funny. From everything you've written so far I have every reason to believe that even today you think they're just funny jokes. But they're not and they never were. They were and are expressions of hate. Nearly everything the Babylon Bee writes is similarly pure hate pretending to masquerade as humor. That you can't see it says a lot about who you are.

The problem with folks who see everything that isn’t puppies, candy, and unicorns as “hate” towards them is that they always find something to be aggrieved about.

It never ends and they’ll never be content so there’s no point in paying them any mind or attempting to appease their sensibilities.

The problem with folks who see everything that isn’t puppies, candy, and unicorns as “hate” towards them is that they always find something to be aggrieved about.

It never ends and they’ll never be content so there’s no point in paying them any mind or attempting to appease their sensibilities.
Keep on being a “good natured rascal” doing nothing, that’s all it takes for this behavior to thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.