Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you guys realize that other platforms already do this. There are many source linkes you can't post on youtube, and ebay doesn't allow you to post any kind of other type of communication afraid that you'll make a deal under the table.
They do NOT do it like this. eBay not letting you do a side deal is completely different. Take a second look.

Lol you guys realize that other platforms already do this. There are many source linkes you can't post on youtube, and ebay doesn't allow you to post any kind of other type of communication afraid that you'll make a deal under the table.
1. I'd be curious which links you can't post on YouTube
2. eBay isn't a social media network

But what about pretending to support free speech absolutely? Not to mention it’s pretty hard to support your side of an online discussion if you’re not allowed to provide sources or references.

Can you do 5 minutes of research before making statements like this? Pretty much all of YT's external links prohibitions have to do with the content being linked to. If it's not allowed on YT, it's not allowed to be linked to. External links policy - YouTube Help
They don't care if you link to Vimeo, Bilibili, Dailymotion, etc., as long as the content would have been allowed on YT.

If you're better than the competition, you're not going to really care about building walls to keep people in. Which is why Elon is right: the one that is building walls to keep people in -- that's the bad one!

Interesting. You, like Elon, were bullied as a child and have managed to grow into an adult who supports the idea of encouraging (or at least objects to discouraging) bullies and bullying. It seems like maybe your view was that it made you stronger - so it's a good thing?

I won't post links for you but if you care to google it, there are thousands of other examples were it has driven children (and adults) to suicide or worse - being murdered by bullies. This is why I for one will never support bullies who spew hate at others just because they are different or it gives themselves some kind of advantage or they are just hate-filled. I have trouble wrapping my brain around how someone who has been on the receiving end can take the other view that you want to support bullying, especially of the weak and powerless. Can you explain it?
Lol what? There are many types of bullying I am against. Who the heck supports bullying? But like everything there's a range. Not everyone wants to see the manager for every little thing you know. Someone saying "ching Chang" to me is not the end of life as I know it. I really don't care to spend the time to fight for zero "ching changs". I know some overly sensitive people will go to the Supreme Court and I just lol. Everyone has different tolerance levels. Zero tolerance is not realistic and I'm not in it to fight for zero tolerance of everything that offends me.

The problem with all this is collateral damage. Someone walking down the street who never said "ching chang" in their lives vote for someone who thinks it's not a big deal but has other attributes the person likes now have to deal with another group of people calling him racist. People need to separate that this guy didn't vote for that politician because he doesn't think it's a big deal. He most likely voted for the guy for a myriad of other reasons.

Last edited:

That makes no sense for youtube where a person is going to need to link to cite sources, and have links to source code.

That would defeat a lot of use cases of youtube.

I don't see Ebay as a social media platform.

Maybe the CCP...
Exactly. Tesla is very rapidly becoming more of a Chinese corporation than an American one. Rumors of new factories in China are greatly understated due to the CCP's tight management of information, but the real indicator is that Zhu, Tesla's apparent incoming CEO, will likely be replacing Musk and running the company from China.

And in case anyone missed the connection, Elon doesn't give a rat's ass about Ukraine or Putin or Europe or fascism. The reason he's so insistently urging Ukrainians to surrender their nation to Putin is because that would force Taiwan's surrender to China.

Exactly. Tesla is very rapidly becoming more of a Chinese corporation than an American one. Rumors of new factories in China are greatly understated due to the CCP's tight management of information, but the real indicator is that Zhu, Tesla's apparent incoming CEO, will likely be replacing Musk and running the company from China.

And in case anyone missed the connection, Elon doesn't give a rat's ass about Ukraine or Putin or Europe or fascism. The reason he's so insistently urging Ukrainians to surrender their nation to Putin is because that would force Taiwan's surrender to China.

Or, because not having war would help his companies and his wealth.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Interesting. You, like Elon, were bullied as a child and have managed to grow into an adult who supports the idea of encouraging (or at least objects to discouraging) bullies and bullying. It seems like maybe your view was that it made you stronger - so it's a good thing?

I won't post links for you but if you care to google it, there are thousands of other examples were it has driven children (and adults) to suicide or worse - being murdered by bullies. This is why I for one will never support bullies who spew hate at others just because they are different or it gives themselves some kind of advantage or they are just hate-filled. I have trouble wrapping my brain around how someone who has been on the receiving end can take the other view that you want to support bullying, especially of the weak and powerless. Can you explain it?

Agree with you. I think if/when singuy or his family/kids is on the receiving end where they don't get through it, folks will have a different view of this. It's hard to be compassionate maybe until it hits you (and I mean not him specifically, but someone else close). Accepting the hate/bullying just makes it more "ok" for folks and we'll see more and more of it.

I think with social media, things are also a bit worst now than 40-50 years ago or however old singuy is. Anything wrong is heavily amplified and I'd be very concerned with young girls and the bullying they get nowadays compared with when all us old folks were kids. You have kids swatting each other, calling in random school shooting events, and even though 1 guy feels stronger for it, I am in agreement that none of this is helpful and again, merely makes it more "ok".

We're not asking for unicorns or rainbows, but with so many mass shootings (it's like 600+ now?), I think a lot of that is the result of this bullying and folks saying it's ok and we're stronger for it, until someone snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.