Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't take a coordinated conspiracy. Simple fact is news outlets know who pays the bills, it's the advertisers. How hard do you think they will go at the people paying them as opposed to the people who not only don't pay them but are threatening the ones who do? Then add in the Merchants of Doubt techniques used by the fossil fuel industries which are also threatened along with auto dealers. And don't forget the well documented short and distort crowd who also use journalists to do their bidding. I can only assume some of you have not followed the entire story as closely or as long as some of us.
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Doesn't take a coordinated conspiracy. Simple fact is news outlets know who pays the bills, it's the advertisers.

No. *Viewers* pay the bills thru advertisers. Agencies want viewers, and Teslas on fire are just way more interesting than rusting Fords. The agency doesn't care whether the advertisers are Chevron or Polestar or Pepsi. There are an infinite number of advertisers to choose from that are plenty far removed from the auto industry. Here are the top 10 cable TV advertisers in America for example, you really think all these companies closely monitor CNN's programming and will retaliate if the agreed-upon anti-Tesla quota isn't met? I can only assume some of you have not followed basic rational thought as closely or as long as some of us.

1674534998761.png

Twitter sued by Crown Estate over alleged unpaid London rent​

They were ejected from their office in Singapore already. May anyone explain to me how that makes any business sense? Is not paying your office rent part of "owning the libs"?

Twitter sued by Crown Estate over alleged unpaid London rent​

They were ejected from their office in Singapore already. May anyone explain to me how that makes any business sense? Is not paying your office rent part of "owning the libs"?
Business sense aside, there is right and wrong. You pay your rent. You pay your contractors and subcontractors. You pay your labor. You honor contracts. You follow SEC rules.

Doesn't take a coordinated conspiracy. Simple fact is news outlets know who pays the bills, it's the advertisers. How hard do you think they will go at the people paying them as opposed to the people who not only don't pay them but are threatening the ones who do? Then add in the Merchants of Doubt techniques used by the fossil fuel industries which are also threatened along with auto dealers. And don't forget the well documented short and distort crowd who also use journalists to do their bidding. I can only assume some of you have not followed the entire story as closely or as long as some of us.
Your views on the merchants of doubt from fossil fuel industry are accurate. And short and distort crowd is/was real. But I doubt seriously they were bribing off the NYT and WSJ, CNN etc
As to the initial assertion that news outlets would go after Elon and Tesla because ... the reporters know who pays the bills? No. Its not like ICE automakers call their agencies and say, I want placement in all MSM! Auto companies aren’t that big, and only advertise in a handful of places.
Plenty of outlets don’t get money from them or oil etc. It just doesn’t hold up as a theory.

Two things for the "home" algorithm (soon to be NNs) to improve upon:
  1. Do not repeat the tweets already read - EVER!
  2. Bias towards more recent tweets - one of the main reasons people have to swap to the "following" feed
Reading 15 hour old tweets is ancient news in the Twitter universe. Often one will come up early in my "home" feed that I read yesterday several times in different places.

Mind you, 15 hours is still not enough time for traditional media...

I don't have much hope for anyone from Twitter reading this btw.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.