Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom of each Guardian article is a request for donations, this is the current one:

The year is 2033. Elon Musk is no longer one of the richest people in the world, having haemorrhaged away his fortune trying to make Twitter profitable. Which, alas, hasn’t worked out too well: only 420 people are left on the platform. Everyone else was banned for not laughing at Musk’s increasingly desperate jokes.

In other news, Pete Davidson is now dating Martha Stewart. Donald Trump is still threatening to run for president. And British tabloids are still churning out 100 articles a day about whether Meghan Markle eating lunch is an outrageous snub to the royal family.

Obviously I have no idea what the world is going to look like in a decade. But here’s one prediction I feel very confident making: without a free and fearless press the future will be bleak. Without independent journalism, democracy is doomed. Without journalists who hold power to account, the future will be entirely shaped by the whims and wants of the 1%.

A lot of the 1% are not big fans of the Guardian, by the way. Donald Trump once praised a Montana congressman who body-slammed a Guardian reporter. Musk, meanwhile, has described the Guardian, as “the most insufferable newspaper on planet Earth.” I’m not sure there is any greater compliment.

I am proud to write for the Guardian. But ethics can be expensive. Not having a paywall means that the Guardian has to regularly ask our readers to chip in. If you are able, please do consider supporting us. Only with your help can we continue to get on Elon Musk’s nerves.
Is this a joke? If so, it's not funny, given it started with a prediction that by 2033 Elon would be penniless, then asking for donation to counter him because he's powerful. Well if he'll become penniless in 2033 then why do you need money to get on his nerves anyway? That's just dumb.

When I open an article on News, sport and opinion from the Guardian's US edition | The Guardian, what I see at the bottom is "… as 2023 gathers pace, and you’re joining us from Ireland, we have a small favour to ask. A new year means new opportunities, and we're hoping this year gives rise to some much-needed stability and progress. Whatever happens, the Guardian will be there, providing clarity and fearless, independent reporting from around the world, 24/7. Times are tough, and we know not everyone is in a position to pay for news. But as we’re reader-funded, we rely on the ongoing generosity of those who can afford it. This vital support means millions can continue to read reliable reporting on the events shaping our world. Will you invest in the Guardian this year? ...."

Elon Musk speaks with McCarthy about making Twitter "fair on all sides"; doesn't even meet with all sides. Aide to Jeffries confirmed that Jeffries only coincidentally saw Musk after Musk left the meeting with McCarthy:

Why should the left apologize for Elon very belatedly kinda owning up to having been horribly wrong about his latest personal attack on a politician's spouse?
So you're saying the left shouldn't apologize for them being horribly wrong about their constant personal attacks on Elon Musk? That's about what I expected: The left are much much worse than Elon Musk, Elon Musk is willing to admit his wrong (in fact, he says this all the time), the left never admits they're wrong.

And Musk didn't attack a politician's spouse, he just suggested event may have played out differently from what was reported, that's not an attack, just an idle musing. Here's what attacks look like: Elon has simply become a right wing troll, Elon now just flat out lies on a regular basis.

He didn't lie about Mr. Pelosi either, he apologized nevertheless for even suggesting something other than the reported scenario may have happened. Idiots on this thread make up unproven hypotheticals to attack Elon all the time.
“There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye.” Plus a link to an article full of lies. I guess that's technically not a lie itself, just like "Maybe Bernie Madoff didn't actually run a Ponzi scheme" with a link to an article with lies about how Madoff didn't run a Ponzi scheme also isn't technically a lie.

So you're saying the left shouldn't apologize for them being horribly wrong about their constant personal attacks on Elon Musk? That's about what I expected: The left are much much worse than Elon Musk, Elon Musk is willing to admit his wrong (in fact, he says this all the time), the left never admits they're wrong.
The problem with using absolutes like "always" and "never" is that all I need to do is come up with one counterexample to shoot you down.

And Musk didn't attack a politician's spouse, he just suggested event may have played out differently from what was reported, that's not an attack, just an idle musing. Here's what attacks look like: Elon has simply become a right wing troll, Elon now just flat out lies on a regular basis.

If the left was wrong about something... sure they can apologize. In this case, Elon was wrong. Sorry if that upsets you, but there's no need for the left to get involved - Elon should have never retweeted the false accusation in the first place, the left was not involved in his poor judgement.

Elon should have never retweeted the false accusation in the first place
Encouraging people to consider an alternative to the ridiculous narrative put out there by the MSM who lies all day, every day, about everything while provocative is nothing to apologize for.

He should tell the haters to make themselves useful and kick some rocks at the nearest Tesla factory construction site.

• Funny
Reactions: ggies07
I've always wondered whether Fox News falls under the definition of MSM.
I would include it. But whether it is or isn't, Fox News doesn't lie too often. Actually most major media outlets do not lie very often, and retract/correct stories in the rare case that they are incorrect. Their bias is in which stories they choose to cover and which they choose to ignore. You can easily tell a certain narrative by cherry picking truthful stories and ignoring other truthful stories, which isn't technically lying, at least not by the most common definition which is "to make an untruthful statement with intent to deceive". By the more broad definition of "to convey a false impression", maybe, but if you're having to argue over which definition of the verb "lie" you're using then that statement is already on shaky ground.

I would include it. But whether it is or isn't, Fox News doesn't lie too often. Actually most major media outlets do not lie very often, and retract/correct stories in the rare case that they are incorrect. Their bias is in which stories they choose to cover and which they choose to ignore. You can easily tell a certain narrative by cherry picking truthful stories and ignoring other truthful stories, which isn't technically lying, at least not by the most common definition which is "to make an untruthful statement with intent to deceive". By the more broad definition of "to convey a false impression", maybe, but if you're having to argue over which definition of the verb "lie" you're using then that statement is already on shaky ground.
I started following politics more closely about 10 years ago. I remember this “news” as a big reason why I don’t trust FOX. They were attempting to drive anti-Muslim sentiment by saying Muslims have taken over parts of the city where even the police are afraid to enter.

Paris Mayor to Sue Fox News Over 'No-Go Zones'

reports, which incorrectly said there are areas in Paris where non-Muslims are not allowed to enter.

also stated that parts of England, including the city of Birmingham, have "no-go zones...where non-Muslims simply don't go in."

Is this a joke? If so, it's not funny, given it started with a prediction that by 2033 Elon would be penniless, then asking for donation to counter him because he's powerful. Well if he'll become penniless in 2033 then why do you need money to get on his nerves anyway? That's just dumb.

When I open an article on News, sport and opinion from the Guardian's US edition | The Guardian, what I see at the bottom is "… as 2023 gathers pace, and you’re joining us from Ireland, we have a small favour to ask. A new year means new opportunities, and we're hoping this year gives rise to some much-needed stability and progress. Whatever happens, the Guardian will be there, providing clarity and fearless, independent reporting from around the world, 24/7. Times are tough, and we know not everyone is in a position to pay for news. But as we’re reader-funded, we rely on the ongoing generosity of those who can afford it. This vital support means millions can continue to read reliable reporting on the events shaping our world. Will you invest in the Guardian this year? ...."
Not a joke, (though it was funny), it's what I saw on that day, it seems they change them once in a while.

He didn't lie about Mr. Pelosi either, he apologized nevertheless for even suggesting something other than the reported scenario may have happened. Idiots on this thread make up unproven hypotheticals to attack Elon all the time.
He used his platform to give credence to a false conspiracy theory. I mean sometimes people on this forum talk about Elon like he’s 7 years old. Did he tweet a public apology to all of his millions of followers?

Reactions: 30seconds and TSLY

yes, it starts out as a lighthearted joke and then ends with a request for a donation to keep their news agency going. No outrage needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.