Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Violent crime in SF is horrific...

Really? I haven't found a statistic about "violent crime" in general, but this one about the homicide rates in 2022 among the 75 largest cities in the US:

San Francisco is, among the 75 largest cities, the 18th most safe (6.9 per 100k), right after Austin TX (6.8 per 100k).
One decimal difference.

What's your guess for the city with the highest homicide rate? Chicago?
No, New Orleans (74.3 per 100k).
Chicago is the 13th highest (27.7 per 100k).

So San Francisco and Austin are less than 1/10 of New Orleans, and a bit less than 1/4 of Chicago.

Really? I haven't found a statistic about "violent crime" in general, but this one about the homicide rates in 2022 among the 75 largest cities in the US:

San Francisco is, among the 75 largest cities, the 18th most safe (6.9 per 100k), right after Austin TX (6.8 per 100k).
One decimal difference.

So San Francisco and Austin are less than 1/10 of New Orleans, and a bit less than 1/4 of Chicago.
I'm sorry, your data does not fit the narrative. Ohio is up there too.

Exhibit A as to why I don't really think Twitter is, really, some sort of improvement on human discourse.

"Violent crime in SF is horrific and even if attackers are caught, they are often released immediately." A 140 character limit means you get statements like this, which, since "horrific" and "often" and "immediately" are not defined, is basically meaningless.

Exhibit B as to why I am on this particular board, as a Tesla product owner, shareholder, and all around fan, is that I would bet a large amount of money that Elon does not have any idea if : "Violent crime in SF is horrific and even if attackers are caught, they are often released immediately."

To the extent he has any knowledge about that at all, its less than Norbert does, since Norbert took a minute to look it up, and I am very confident Elon didn't. Yet millions read Elon's response and like five of us read Norbert's.

Exhibit C is why in the F we need a platform for millions of people to sprout opinions - as someone said, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Its even worse that popularity on Twitter is unrelated to underlying research. It is, for me, absolutely, no question, the last thing humanity needs - more opinions. We already now have billions too many.

Elon, of course, disagreed to the tune of $44Billion. That is some disagreement but there you have it.

I'm sorry, your data does not fit the narrative. Ohio is up there too.

Cleveland OH is the 6th highest (45.7 per 100k).
Ohio is the only state that has 3 cities in the highest 20.

I'd imagine that St. Louis is up there, like somewhere in the top 5 or at least in the top 10. It typically always is.

Yup, St. Louis is 2nd highest (68.2 per 100k).

Proof positive on the hate fest and lying on Tesla & Musk in this thread.

Tesla did not receive any govt money that was not given or available to other manufacturers or employers.
That’s some bunch of caveats. I mean, either Tesla took state money or it didn’t.

And “hate fest and lying on this thread.”…
Would you consider using a more civil tone?

And ultimately, who cares what it is tagged. Just another kid like move. But I assume they also changed the tweet propagation of npr posts?

It kind of sounds like propagation is zero with that tag. Or zero amplification if that is different. Not really sure.

Twitter's "state-affiliated media" tag has an impact on how many people see an account's tweets. "In the case of state-affiliated media entities, Twitter will not recommend or amplify accounts or their Tweets with these labels to people," the company policy says.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and brkaus

One decimal difference.

He really hates the state that helped Tesla get off the ground. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 30seconds

One decimal difference.

No clue why it's more amplified, but I wonder if the concern/raised media coverage is due to more random people (non-gang related) getting attacked/killed/robbed/videoed in SF or bay area vs. other metro areas? I saw a report as well that SF actually has one of the lower homicide rates in the nation, but there is a narrative that it's a dangerous place recently. Them recalling their DA didn't help and it did seem like thieves are regularly let go (possibly not true, but seemed like it was) leading to seemingly endless smash and grabs/catch and release there.

No clue why it's more amplified, but I wonder if the concern/raised media coverage is due to more random people (non-gang related) getting attacked/killed/robbed/videoed in SF or bay area vs. other metro areas? I saw a report as well that SF actually has one of the lower homicide rates in the nation, but there is a narrative that it's a dangerous place recently. Them recalling their DA didn't help and it did seem like thieves are regularly let go (possibly not true, but seemed like it was) leading to seemingly endless smash and grabs/catch and release there.

The significant reduction of foot traffic, increase in number of people living on the streets and increase of smash and grab since the pandemic have definitely changed the feel of most neighborhoods in SF from 2014-2018.

Or, maybe it means that Tesla and other car makers can be considered state affiliated vehicles. 🤔

The
Elon
State
Loan
Automobile

Has the Great Elon commented on the invasion of privacy from his Co. Yet?

Let’s start seeing Elon for what he is….. everything anti American Values or Values we strive for.

He’s not for Freedom of Speech, equality or accountability……

But he is a Master of finding peoples feels and gaining support based off that..

If he was eligible to run for President he would and would win just based off feels…

Status
Not open for further replies.