Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is twitter doesn't provide news/articles/movies/content. It's content on other sites and Twitter merely a megaphone. Does Twitter have a news team, investigative journalists? Anything really that is their own content? Their content are the people/celebs/stars.
Twitter is a platform that connects producers to consumers. Think of Uber, AirBnB, Rover, Travelocity, Expedia etc..

These companies provide a platform that helps the providers reach the consumers easily and vice versa, and typically the producer pays a fee for that service. Uber doesn’t own the cars or employs drivers. AirBnB owns no real estate, Travelocity and Expedia own no airlines or hotels.

Twitter is a platform that connects producers to consumers. Think of Uber, AirBnB, Rover, Travelocity, Expedia etc..

These companies provide a platform that helps the providers reach the consumers easily and vice versa, and typically the producer pays a fee for that service. Uber doesn’t own the cars or employs drivers. AirBnB owns no real estate, Travelocity and Expedia own no airlines or hotels.
Lmao, except those places you mention actually provide a service. Twitter is just piggybacking off of everyone else’s hard work by reposting their content. Which you can get elsewhere just as easily since it’s all online.

Twitter is a platform cesspool that connects producers grifters to consumers marks.
Fixed that for you.

Think of Uber, AirBnB, Rover, Travelocity, Expedia etc..

These companies provide a platform that helps the providers reach the consumers easily and vice versa, and typically the producer pays a fee for that service.
You know what Uber and Airbnb don't do? They don't shove third party ads in people's faces for using their services.

These companies provide a platform that helps the providers reach the consumers easily and vice versa, and typically the producer pays a fee for that service.
No, typically the platform provides the service for free or pays the content creators, you know, like most other social media platforms, YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, etc. Just another thing Elon got wrong.

Last reply to you before putting you on ignore, but that's the worst comeback/comparison you can come up with really. Uber can drive me to the airport, I can live in an AirBnB, I can buy tickets for an airplane, full hotel, package for a vacation with the other few you posted.

Can I live in a Twitter, eat a Twitter, can it drive me around or buy anything from Twitter other than it being a middle man for someone actually providing a real service? No. It's a cesspool of random internet trolls bickering/wasting everyone's time on how important they really are.

It's just a middle man that no one wants to pay $8/month (or $1000/month) for a service that used to be free. It's pretty much stupid to pay $8/month for something that used to be free and pretty much useless to 99% of the population. For the 1% who may want it, they are the product/"content" on Twitter that Twitter should actually beg them to stay since them leaving means there are less reasons for anyone else to even follow Twitter anymore.

Content is king as a lot of top celebs have realized. If they leave (and why Musk paid out of his own pocket for those people), Twitter just becomes more and more irrelevant.

Reactions: B@ndit
Most likely in response to this:

1682193768883.png

Reactions: Buckminster
Content is king as a lot of top celebs have realized. If they leave
They won't. The frequent tweeters are addicted to tweeting and seeing the likes and responses rolling in real time in a matter of minutes . NO OTHER platform gives them the reach for their messages and opinions. Youtube, FB & Tiktok are for different type of content, and Instagram is for a different set of audience.

For disseminating messages, news and opinion there is only one platform out there and that is Twitter.

I don't think this is a fair point. Look at TMC - members can post, but they can't post certain things, for example advertising their competing site. Members can use reaction buttons but they can't use them to troll other members. Just because there is a feature on a platform doesn't mean that abuse or misuse of that feature, especially a use that has a negative impact on the site, can't be against the terms of service.

Now, TMC has never said it's a site for free speech absolutists, so the admins here don't have to worry about the hypocrisy. But what Twitter is doing is, I think, normal for a platform trying to survive. It's just antithetical to the silly turn of phrase that was used to justify the purchase.

Yes however I think there is another significant difference also because Twitter wants to be a basic form of communication, the "town square". If you want to be the town square, you should allow people to say "You shouldn't pay for being on the town square, that used to be free". Regardless of whether that's a meaningful thing to say. Including people saying "Let's meet on the other town square and not listen to people on this town square".

It's fine for a special "club" like TMC to have a rule about that, but not for a basic all-encompassing service like a "town square". Just like you should be allowed to send emails that are critical of your email provider's monthly fee. Including emails that tell others to go to a different provider.

In the extreme, utilities could turn off your electricity if you use your computer to tell people to stop using electricity from utilities.

It's a cesspool of random internet trolls bickering/wasting everyone's time on how important they really are.
Just in the last 48 hours, the following individuals tweeted:

• Tim Cook on Apple's commitment on achieving Carbon neutrality by 2030
  • NASA tweeted an image of earth taken from Voyager from beyond Pluto
  • Bill Gates on new challenges after pandemic on building immunity
  • President Biden lashing out on MAGA Republicans on blocking student debt relief.
  • British PM Rishi Sunak on his commitment to N Ireland peace.
  • AOC on SCOTUS overreach and abuse; also taking a dig at Kevin McCarthy on his position on debt limits
  • White House on a host of things that POTUS is working on
  • Sanders expressing his anger on Comcast doing anti-union things
  • Ron DeSantis on Disney’s corporate kingdom is over.

You think these guys are random internet trolls ? I don't need no stinking biased gaslighting media articles to let me know what is happening in the world, because the news makers are giving that to me directly on Twitter.

Last edited:
Just in the last 48 hours, the following individuals tweeted:

• Tim Cook on Apple's commitment on achieving Carbon neutrality by 2030
  • NASA tweeted an image of earth taken from Voyager from beyond Pluto
  • Bill Gates on new challenges after pandemic on building immunity
  • President Biden lashing out on MAGA Republicans on blocking student debt relief.
  • British PM Rishi Sunak on his commitment to N Ireland peace.
  • AOC on SCOTUS overreach and abuse; also taking a dig at Kevin McCarthy on his position on debt limits
  • White House on a host of things that POTUS is working on
  • Sanders expressing his anger on Comcast doing anti-union things
  • Ron DeSantis on Disney’s corporate kingdom is over.

You think these guys are random internet trolls ? I don't need no stinking biased gaslighting media articles to let me know what is happening in the world, because the news makers are giving that to me directly on Twitter.
And my "For you" is three of the same video in the first 25 posts, each from a different account (not even a re-tweet). A few ads for various clothing items, and some gossip pages I've never even considered going to.

They won't. The frequent tweeters are addicted to tweeting and seeing the likes and responses rolling in real time in a matter of minutes .

You can check to see how many have stayed away, seems like most of them.

I know of at least one multi-billionaire who didn’t see this coming.

Impersonators Run Wild on Twitter Thanks to Sabotaged Verification System

As predicted by almost its entire user base, Twitter CEO Elon Musk's decision to do away with its free identity-verification system on Thursday has unleashed a torrent of impersonation, misinformation, and general anarchy. By stripping the familiar blue-check icon from anyone who doesn't pay for Twitter Blue, a premium subscription version of the app, the company has left countless prominent figures and organizations exposed to mischievous (or malicious) imitators.

An account user pretending to be Hillary Clinton -- their handle a slight misspelling of her name -- announced that the 2016 presidential nominee would be running again in 2024, racking up tens of thousands of impressions before they were suspended. Someone posing as J.K. Rowling issued an apology for harming the transgender community, blaming her past comments on the usage of the insomnia drug Ambien. Another person who had changed their profile to look like that of Pope Francis tweeted, "There are at least three genders."

In one case, an account claiming to represent the government of New York City accused the real one of being fake. The exchange caught the eye of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who warned of "major potential harm when a natural disaster hits and no one knows what agencies, reporters, or outlets are real." Meanwhile, individuals known to have spread misinformation in the past can simply buy a verification badge to appear like a legitimate news source.

Hopefully those cheapskates celebrities will wake up and pony up $8 as NYT did.

As you can see impersonation happened only for non blue checks. Something that was known to everyone except to those celebrities.
Literally not true even from article above. Hillary Clinton and J.K. Rowling had a blue check and still got impersonated. The paid blue check system makes it easy to impersonate someone given you just pay to impersonate and there is no further verification like the previous legacy system.

“From the article above”.

It needs a subscription. Oh the irony !! 😂
Didn't need one for me, even when I clicked through, and the poster quoted the given text, so don't even need to click just to check the given examples. Not sure what your point is given paying for a subscription is irrelevant to the point about no longer having a verification process.

Reactions: JRP3
Status
Not open for further replies.