Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This actually seems reasonable to me:

I am not sure what exactly is the complaint here:

- he wants to pee at night
- he wants to build a bathroom next to his office
- someone suggested they build it without permit.

Most likely the first one. Only an evil man would want to pee at night.

This actually seems reasonable to me:

Sure, once you pay for a security team, you wouldn't want to expose yourself to the possibility of someone who knows about this security weakness to be waiting in the darkness of the middle of the night. Completely reasonable. I'm just wondering if the security team gets paid extra for having to sleep in the hallway (or wherever).

Are people here really that daft?

Everyone seems so attached to the contention that Elon wanted to have a restroom closer and/or en suite, somehow ignoring what I feel is the main alleged issue with the request, that it be built without permitting, which is why I think the issue was mentioned in the first place.

Now people are using it as a proxy to attack/defend Elon, ignoring the allegations about allegedly wanting to skip the permitting process.

I think it shows what certain people here actually care about...

Are people here really that daft?

Everyone seems so attached to the contention that Elon wanted to have a restroom closer and/or en suite, somehow ignoring what I feel is the main alleged issue with the request, that it be built without permitting, which is why I think the issue was mentioned in the first place.

Now people are using it as a proxy to attack/defend Elon, ignoring the allegations about allegedly wanting to skip the permitting process.

I think it shows what certain people here actually care about...

I mean, the guy doesn't want Twitter to pay its bills, so maybe it's just already assumed he doesn't care about pesky things like permits or code regulations?

I've been known to do a few things without permits, adding a bathroom seems rather harmless.

For a personal residence, I can definitely understand that viewpoint (though I still think permits have their place where needed less people do shoddy DIY work because they think they know it all). But for an office commercial building, for someone else, especially high profile? You bet I would pull and require permits for that, especially if I was the one doing the plumbing work and knowing that he is going to carry a lot of scrutiny from others.

I think the bigger issue would be on the plumber, who if caught doing work without following regulations would stand to lose quite a bit more than Elon.

Last edited:
No, I'm talking about needing personal body guards.

Elon seems to like to create quite the persona about himself.
The jet-tracker-stalker thing was of course fictionalized. But...Given the high number of real nutcases roaming the landscape these days it’s legit that he has a personal security detail and was a good idea even well prior to the Twitter stuff making his image more controversial. And he needs a pretty substantial one. Prob at least 4 guys 24/7.
He has long had an unusual public profile of the type -- not just CEO/celebrity -- that gets the attention of bizarre people.
But it’s also true a large number of CEOs with lower profiles have details also and for good reason. In my book he def gets a pass on this. But talking about the detail publicly is not a good idea. Better to just let them quietly do their work and let nutters guess, and I know from experience that is what they would tell you they prefer. Makes their job easier and, after all, they can be collateral damage if something goes wrong.
Of course he just said in the princess bride interview that essentially nothing can make him shut up.

Last edited:
The jet-tracker-stalker thing was of course fictionalized. But...Given the high number of real nutcases roaming the landscape these days it’s legit that he has a personal security detail and was a good idea even well prior to the Twitter stuff making his image more controversial. And he needs a pretty substantial one. Prob at least 4 guys 24/7.
He has long had an unusual public profile of the type -- not just CEO/celebrity -- that gets the attention of bizarre people.
But it’s also true a large number of CEOs with lower profiles have details also and for good reason. In my book he def gets a pass on this. But talking about the detail publicly is not a good idea. Better to just let them quietly do their work and let nutters guess, and I know from experience that is what they would tell you they prefer. Makes their job easier and, after all, they can be collateral damage if something goes wrong.
Of course he just said in the princess bride interview that essentially nothing can make him shut up.
Nut cases attack Tesla cars...imagine what they would do to him....and besides...didn’t he once challenge Putin to a fight ?....that in itself warrants bodyguards....lots of them

Reactions: bkp_duke and JRP3
Even more directly you can go to his website and YouTube channel as well as many other independent media sources. You keep pretending Twitter is the only source of "real" information, it's not, far from it.

But then in the same twitter post where VR makes some tall claims and how he will address them, there are key leftists & centrists pointing out a few fundamental flaws in his assumptions being too simplistic.

That is the kind of exchange I am looking forward to. ONLY on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.