Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's mind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems Elon has calmed down on Twitter. Is it the baby arriving or getting back to work?

Probably both but mostly having Fremont open....

IMO the key to understanding him is, the mission is more important than offending a few people, Elon is happy to offend people if it helps the mission. In fact once he senses people are intolerant or hold views he doesn't agree with, he is probably enjoys offending them.

Elon has a tendency to speak apocalyptically. He's always talking about how Tesla almost went bankrupt, when undoubtedly he could have raised massive amounts of capital at any time. His Mars mission seems to be motivated by avoiding the destruction of the entire human race on earth. And if we do manage to survive on earth, then we will all become enslaved by our AI masters.

So when Elon talks about a 2008-like recession, I chalk that up to Apocalyptic Elon. Maybe a recession is coming that is so deep that it wipes out the profitability of Tesla for a period, but there's little evidence of that now, and Elon talking about it doesn't change my view on the unlikelihood of that happening.

Here's how I see it...

Elon's To Do LIst :

Accelerate the transition to renewable energy​
Make BEVs the only reasonable choice for buyers​
Make Energy storage products to assist renewable energy sources​
Make Batteries to support both of the above​
Make Artificial Intelligence work for mankind in a safe and spectacular way​
Create self-driving cars to save lives and sanity​
Create humanoid robots to do the dangerous, repetitive, and boring jobs​
Create AI tools to find solutions to the hard problems (i.e.: the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything)
Create the fastest, most comprehensive compute resources for AI development​
Make cars that gather so much data for AI that it boggles the mind​
Make the human race a space-faring, multi-planetary species​
Create reusable rockets​
Create bigger, less expensive reusable rockets​
Mass produce bigger, less expensive reusable rockets at a ridiculous pace​
Create a satellite-based network that provides a single, worldwide communications link​
Make space exploration and colonization affordable and practical​
Make life better for people​
Create faster ways to bore tunnels​
Use tunnels to avoid mind-numbing traffic​
Create a brain-computer interface to help a wide range of medical issues​
Create a social media platform that is designed to avoid bias in favor of any particular point of view​
Make memes​
Vanquish bullies​
...​
...​
...​
...​
increase my personal wealth