Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Next Compensation Package (if TSLA market cap in range of AAPL/Aramco combined)

If TSLA market cap in ball-park of AAPL/Aramco combined, another insane package for Elon ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought experiment ..
If Elon can take TSLA market cap to AAPL/Aramco combined, I am OK with him getting another insane pay package?

I sit on my lazy ass, Elon sleep on factory floor?
The hype is over. Tesla beat Nissan Leaf but it no longer has a longest EV range. It was practically a monopoly, now it is no longer due to competition. It was expected to beat Waymo with its Robotaxis but fatal crashes are still happening. It used to be expected to get Nvidia chips but no longer. They go to xAI and X first...

It's time for Tesla to settle down as a stable company with dividends, not a hype one.

This should be seen as "should I vote for a plan where the CEO gets nothing unless I at least get a 2x return on my money in the next 10 years, and his compensation scales from there based on how many x's return on my money I get"?

My vote for this is definitely yes again, and I wish more CEOs would be more willing to put their salaries on the line to be more incentivized towards company progression. Quite frankly, I don't see a better method of aligning CEO incentive package with shareholder interest.

Yep, I'm fine giving him the prior pay packages and making a new package where he gets a tranche for each 2x of marketcap* and has a similar 5 years after the tranche is achieved before he can sell rule.

add in some alternate EBITDA/Revenue triggers if you want. Like 2x market cap on the odd tranches and EBITDA/revenue trigger on the evens where he can't get to each tranche without triggering all the prior tranches.

Or make it confusing like the prior one where every tranche has 3 triggers and he only needs 2 of the 3.

I don't care how complicated you make the triggers, I just want to see the market cap go up significantly and I'm fine giving him tranches if he can make that happen.

Spread the tranches further apart this time so they are bigger gaps and larger changes in market cap. Make it even more obvious that we aren't talking small potatoes.