Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elveden superchargers removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used them earlier this year and they could certainly not be described as being under used. They were full on both occasions we tried and didn’t bother with a third attempt as app said waiting.

Looking very unloved though tucked away in a small area out the back. No sign of any new developments, including anything recently added.

A couple of other (probably slower) chargers in main car park. Thay might give the pub/restaurant a bit more trade. I don’t know what site owners T&C and timeframes are, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t bring much to the site owners, especially since CP over the road has such an extensive charge setup that may have reduced usage for those more willing to spend time/money on site.

I often use them & they are generally busy, however since 8 stalls at Newmarket have opened I have been going there instead of diverting off the A14. Those eight V3s at Elevden had been awaiting connection for so long that green moss was slowly spreading up the shrouds.

Both sites are a similar distance from my destination but the newer ones don't require a slight diversion. Newmarket last week had two other stalls in use at 8pm and this Monday, 8.30am four other cars during the 20 minutes I was there, all were Teslas.