Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EMMC change troubles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. My MCU screen after restart become blank. I start to read a lot of information and understood, that my EMMC is die and I need to dump my firmware from old EMMC and write this information to new chip. But I have a problem: my old EMMC was clear.
I found firmware and install/write it to my new EMMC chip. Return the chip to Tegra board and believe , that now all be done. But my screen was blank. I downloaded dump from chip and saw that Linux was starting, but some services was fault. I was playing a week with mcu, but my screen not started. Now the situation is next - all services are running, but screen is blank. I tried to run install command with telnet 192.168.90.100 25956, but I see that mcu doesn’t downloading a file with firmware. Please help me if you know what the problem. Thank you.

I think you should call Nvidia and ask them for their processor release codes. They'll only give those to you if you speak with a senior circuit engineer, and even then, you have to read him the serial number of your Tegra processor which can be found by doing an IFTTT command on the mainboard.

Do not post the release codes in this forum as they are specific to your vehicle and could cause a hacker's backdoor to your vehicle.

Let us know how it goes...

Hello. My MCU screen after restart become blank. I start to read a lot of information and understood, that my EMMC is die and I need to dump my firmware from old EMMC and write this information to new chip. But I have a problem: my old EMMC was clear.
I found firmware and install/write it to my new EMMC chip. Return the chip to Tegra board and believe , that now all be done. But my screen was blank. I downloaded dump from chip and saw that Linux was starting, but some services was fault. I was playing a week with mcu, but my screen not started. Now the situation is next - all services are running, but screen is blank. I tried to run install command with telnet 192.168.90.100 25956, but I see that mcu doesn’t downloading a file with firmware. Please help me if you know what the problem. Thank you.

Is the screen blank because its off, or on AND blank

No(I think so). I change emmc chip, write firmware, make some manipulation with p3/p4, I can connect to ssh , I can read all logs, I see in logs that everything services starting, but display stay blank. When I try to run “install command” via 192.168.90.100:25956 - I see in lots of my server, that mcu or gateway does not download the file. How to put the file for install firmware?