Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enabling sentry when dog mode is active?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When dog mode is active, apparently sentry mode is turned off. I know I can manually re-enable tilt/intrusion after setting dog mode, but that can lead to false alarms due to movement in the cabin.

Under normal (non-dog) conditions, sentry mode is active and if someone brushes by the car or tries a door handle, sentry makes a recording (which is fine).

Is there any way to re-enable sentry mode? After all, if you're leaving your dog in the car that's when you'd want sentry mode the most.

When dog mode is active, apparently sentry mode is turned off. I know I can manually re-enable tilt/intrusion after setting dog mode, but that can lead to false alarms due to movement in the cabin.

Under normal (non-dog) conditions, sentry mode is active and if someone brushes by the car or tries a door handle, sentry makes a recording (which is fine).

Is there any way to re-enable sentry mode? After all, if you're leaving your dog in the car that's when you'd want sentry mode the most.
Same question. I have a small dog I leave in the car sometimes. I'd rather have all the cams running, draining battery than not having anything.

@IraSch how do you re-enable it after setting dog mode? If I have dog mode active, my sentry mode is completely grayed out.

I too would SO like having the internal camera on in Dog Mode! Ideally, with sound too, so I can see and hear what doggo is doing. I do like the cute screen message in Dog Mode, and yes, Sentry should be on too, why the heck not...
I bought a little $22 nanny cam with audio to watch my doggo in the car. Easy solution. I imagine Tesla does not want to go in this direction because they don't want to get caught up in a spying scandal or possible illegal activity. Naysayers would have a field day. I can also use the camera to watch my dog in other situations.

Ah yes. Finding one was not trivial. I got the Cleverfox mini spy cam. It is a small black cube. You need to provide your own sdcard. It has a ton of features BUT it is hard to use because you program it with a single button. More times than not it was in the wrong mode when I tried to use it. Good luck if you want to use it in 1080p, low light, motion capture mode. Do not lose the instructions. Also, I needed to use tweezers to remove the sdcard.

On the plus side it came with a usb adapter for the sdcard. I think you can get the same camera with different branding. For me audio was essential which this one has.

Reactions: AlasCon