Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of quarter discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On inventory vehicles, its a hit or miss.

As for used inventory, they strip that away on a week to week basis it seems like. One week id be looking at a vehicle and next time I go check, its price has gone down but FUSC was removed or the price would go up as they adjust from AP to FSD. very slimy sales tactics

Anybody notice that free supercharging has been stripped from individual inventory vehicles and now appears as a banner across the top of the page:

Free Unlimited Supercharging included on all Model S and X inventory orders delivered by June 30th

Think this is an indicator the perk on inventory will go away starting July 1, or just a quarterly sales effort?

Reactions: Taoweiji
I ordered new a couple weeks ago and VIN assigned with no 'free supercharging'. still waiting on delivery and been extended three times already. Advisor said its still in CA waiting to be shipped since last week. I hope end of quarter spurs them on.

When’s this battery day everyone keeps talking about? I googled and it says sometime in July. Everyone thinks prices will drop. Tesla just reduced the new order Model x by $5000. You think it will drop more?
According to multiple news sources and Tweet from Elon Musk, this week, Elon Musk tweeted that Tesla’s annual shareholder meeting and the long awaited Battery Day will tentatively take place on September 15th in Fremont.

I put an inventory order in last night for a new LR Model X. No FUSC, no discounts, nothing extra. Such are the travails of an early quarter purchase, but I can’t wait. I am planning to trade in my P3 but bummed to lose my final year of FUSC. The pandemic has given us the opportunity to downsize from 2 to 1 vehicle. I will be selling or trading in my wife’s Acura MDX and my P3.

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
I put an inventory order in last night for a new LR Model X. No FUSC, no discounts, nothing extra. Such are the travails of an early quarter purchase, but I can’t wait. I am planning to trade in my P3 but bummed to lose my final year of FUSC. The pandemic has given us the opportunity to downsize from 2 to 1 vehicle. I will be selling or trading in my wife’s Acura MDX and my P3.

Congrats nonetheless. Hopefully you got a decent discount on the vehicle at least.

Reactions: VikH and BM3B
No discount, $84,990 for 7 seater in blue, but that's a great price with the $5k discount from last quarter.

might be able to find something better. I’ll ask my guy tomorrow since your LA as i am.

we got a 2020 X 6 seater with 22’s and FSD for $82k a couple weeks ago with 500 miles on it.

It was technically used As someone bought it and returned it two days later but it’s condition was exceptional. About a $20k discount off new.

might be able to find something better. I’ll ask my guy tomorrow since your LA as i am.

we got a 2020 X 6 seater with 22’s and FSD for $82k a couple weeks ago with 500 miles on it.

It was technically used As someone bought it and returned it two days later but it’s condition was exceptional. About a $20k discount off new.

nice discount! Does the car also have the latest battery which supports 225kw charging for the X?

Thanks! That is an INCREDIBLE discount. The best I can find are two 1k mile recent returns that are about $2-3k discounted, no FSD (which I don't really want but will take for free).

Quick question for the experts here on buying used Teslas from Tesla. Almost all listed used Teslas I see have FSD, which makes sense since it's 100% profit margin for Tesla to add to a vehicle they acquire. But I don't want FSD. Will they remove it and drop the price if requested? Ideally by $8,000 (new cost of FSD).

Quick question for the experts here on buying used Teslas from Tesla. Almost all listed used Teslas I see have FSD, which makes sense since it's 100% profit margin for Tesla to add to a vehicle they acquire. But I don't want FSD. Will they remove it and drop the price if requested? Ideally by $8,000 (new cost of FSD).

They will not remove it from used vehicles, especially on a "used" returned vehicle. Thats almost always their go to profit generator. They'll discount the hell out of the car but add back in the $7k option.

You'll even see it happen with older inventory. look at something like ev-cpo and you'll see the same used vehicle fluctuate in price by 7-8k and its them removing and adding FSD on it. I don't know how thats legal for them to do but I've watched vehicles get the option added and removed over weeks of watching it.

• Informative
Reactions: BM3B and EV-CPO
They will not remove it from used vehicles, especially on a "used" returned vehicle. Thats almost always their go to profit generator. They'll discount the hell out of the car but add back in the $7k option.

You'll even see it happen with older inventory. look at something like ev-cpo and you'll see the same used vehicle fluctuate in price by 7-8k and its them removing and adding FSD on it. I don't know how thats legal for them to do but I've watched vehicles get the option added and removed over weeks of watching it.
Thanks that is helpful to know, but annoying that they do that. I don't understand why they insist on selling with FSD, they can sell the vehicle now (at a profit) and make more money later when I buy FSD. I should clarify, I would love FSD but I am not going to pay more than $3k for it until it can actually drive by itself safely.

Why wouldn’t it be legal?

A “traditional” dealership can either include the floor mats, or not. Their choice. Why couldn’t Tesla sell their own car with or without a feature? Not sure why you’d think that’s a legal issue?

Ok I’ll give you that, but whats to stop them from double dipping? What if the car had FSD already and they dumb it down to AP for you to purchase and pay for FSD again later?

would you buy a BMW m3 Chassis with a 328i motor and upgrade to an m3 motor again later?

Why wouldn’t it be legal?

A “traditional” dealership can either include the floor mats, or not. Their choice. Why couldn’t Tesla sell their own car with or without a feature? Not sure why you’d think that’s a legal issue?

Ok I’ll give you that, but whats to stop them from double dipping? What if the car had FSD already and they dumb it down to AP for you to purchase and pay for FSD again later?

I still don't see the problem. When you purchase a car, you enter into an agreement to purchase a certain vehicle with a certain feature set at a certain price. What the vehicle may or may not have had before you bought it is completely irrelevant.

Presumably if someone buys the car without FSD, they decided that the price at which it was offered was fair without FSD.

Where there's a problem is if Tesla removes FSD from a vehicle that someone has already purchased. If they're going to make an option change, they need to do it before it's resold.

Reactions: dmurphy