Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of quarter discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I’ll give you that, but whats to stop them from double dipping? What if the car had FSD already and they dumb it down to AP for you to purchase and pay for FSD again later?

would you buy a BMW m3 Chassis with a 328i motor and upgrade to an m3 motor again later?

So, going back to my floor mats example. Let's say the person who bought the car new bought floor mats. Then, you go to buy that care as used, and the dealership lists the floor mats as optional. How's that a problem?

The whole point of selling used cars is that someone pays for something that's been paid for previously.

Heck, when you buy a brand new car from a traditional dealership, it's already really been paid for at least once already - the floor plan financer for the dealership's already paid for the vehicle in-trust.

So not sure why you're hanging up on FSD. It's up to Tesla if they want to sell that option or not. Makes absolutely no difference whatsoever whether it's been paid for by the last owner or not.

(And to answer your question: No, I wouldn't buy a BMW chassis, even with someone else's money.)

I asked this question specifically about buying a used Model X from Tesla. It is NOT possible to remove FSD from a used vehicle purchase. It IS possible to do this on a new inventory vehicle.

It's too bad re: the used vehicles, because Tesla is pricing them essentially with the full value of FSD applied, which makes them nearly as expensive as a new vehicle without FSD. For someone who doesn't really care about FSD (my P3D has it, and I never use the FSD features beyond basic autopilot), this made the used/new decision more difficult.

I asked this question specifically about buying a used Model X from Tesla. It is NOT possible to remove FSD from a used vehicle purchase. It IS possible to do this on a new inventory vehicle.

It's too bad re: the used vehicles, because Tesla is pricing them essentially with the full value of FSD applied, which makes them nearly as expensive as a new vehicle without FSD. For someone who doesn't really care about FSD (my P3D has it, and I never use the FSD features beyond basic autopilot), this made the used/new decision more difficult.

And with that, you've solved the case. I'm not sure you could have explained Tesla's reasoning any more clearer had you tried. (They are currently judged by Mr. Market on new vehicle sales entirely.)

might be able to find something better. I’ll ask my guy tomorrow since your LA as i am.

we got a 2020 X 6 seater with 22’s and FSD for $82k a couple weeks ago with 500 miles on it.

It was technically used As someone bought it and returned it two days later but it’s condition was exceptional. About a $20k discount off new.
SoCal, Would you be willing to share contact info for your guy? I’m in the market for MX LR+ with 6 seater and 22’s and my contact in OC has not found any listing with any sort of decent discount.

SoCal, Would you be willing to share contact info for your guy? I’m in the market for MX LR+ with 6 seater and 22’s and my contact in OC has not found any listing with any sort of decent discount.

theres no inventory vehicles with huge adjustments right now since it’s the beginning of the quarter.
These tend to show up towards EOQ and vehicle returns take about 4-6 weeks to come back up for sale.