Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Quarter push for sure!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a call and two emails asking for me to contact Tesla - I was dreading the call.

Due to pick up on Monday 23rd 1pm in Edinburgh.

Called as requested - Can you pick up tomorrow at 1pm instead.... your car is ready to go.

Currently I have not made payment, have no reg number and no home charger!!!:)

I told them I was getting charger installed tomorrow (friday) at some point so can't guarantee when I could be away. So they have allocated Saturday at 1pm instead.

She said however, that if the guy is finished and I can make 3pm on Friday - just to call her tomorrow and I can go straight there!!

Must be a mega rush/push to get cars out the door before the end of the quarter. Also calling the delivery number - picked up in 30 seconds.

So tomorrow I need to get reg number, insurance, pay final invoice, get charger installed at home, sort out train times to get to service centre......Looks like a busy day ahead.

I don't think that's an option. Pre-cleared funds before arriving for handover only.

Although "pre cleared" is often a bit of a joke when the invoice arrives less than 48 hours before collection, Tesla have accepted proof of payment leaving bank account ... but AFAIK "cash" / debit-card etc. is not an option.

Yeah was planning to do the transfer using BACS tomorrow for delivery to Dartford next Friday. Have my final invoice and reference - though the delivery date on there now doesn’t match my current one!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
The delivery team will like me then. I’ve no interest in being shown anything other than how to put it into D. Part of the fun of owning a car, in my view, is working stuff out for myself and, if that fails, reading the manual. I’ll be out in 5 minutes with luck.

At Last!
My MSM Performance - is ready for collection next Thursday.
After reading this forum over last couple of months am very happy with my decision yo get 18'' Aeros...
So we now move from the anticipation phase to the inspection phase....quite exciting I think?

I hope I'm not on the road anywhere near you when you are discovering all these things by yourself with no advice beforehand, particularly if you have never driven an EV with regen nor an automatic before.

I’ve done the same thing with pretty much every car I’ve owned and haven’t crashed yet. If you have a nervous propensity when it comes to people driving cars they are unfamiliar with then I suggest you stay off the road, as it’s crawling with hire cars people have just been thrown the keys to ;)

it’s crawling with hire cars people have just been thrown the keys to

I've been on one of those people :) Biggest risk for me, in those, were that I started the wipers when I wanted to turn left ...

Hopping from one ICE into another ICE is one thing, although plenty of those have enough weirdness, which Marketing put in just to differentiate the car, that familiarisation is prudent before setting off.

I have no knowledge of what you are familiar with of course, but Tesla is a significantly different beast to other cars, particularly for people not familiar with EV Regen and Automatics, and I recommend you take the full tour rather than discharging yourself to then suss it out on your own. Even having driven a Model-S for over 3 years I found plenty to learn at the briefing when collecting the Model-3

Last edited:
I've been on one of those people :) Biggest risk for me, in those, were that I started the wipers when I wanted to turn left ...

Hopping from one ICE into another ICE is one thing, although plenty of those have enough weirdness, which Marketing put in just to differentiate the car, that familiarisation is prudent before setting off.

I have no knowledge of what you are familiar with of course, but Tesla is a significantly different beast to other cars, particularly for people not familiar with EV Regen and Automatics, and I recommend you take the full tour rather than discharging yourself to then suss it out on your own. Even having driven a Model-S for over 3 years I found plenty to learn at the briefing.

I’ve been driving for 34 years. Have owned the likes of 911s, M3’s etc. I think my last 5 cars have been automatics. Regen takes all of 5 minutes to get used to and if you are as nervous as you sound I suggest you set it to Low to start with and then normal when you are more confident.

I think I’ll manage, thanks :)

• Funny
Reactions: tsh2