Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Year Incentives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There may be discounts on inventory and demo cars
Free FSD

....in my dreams

Lol, the used ones include FSD. Not a bad deal for those who don't mind used. There was a LR RWD w/ FSD for $35k but it had high miles. Another one on ev -cpo for $42k for a dual motor one with 11k miles. 2018 Model 3 | Tesla

For new ones, you should be able to get a pretty decent discount on a leftover 2020 3 or a demo. Trick is you need to get in contact with a OA who can find discounted Teslas. The discounts are more for loaded models, like performance S / X or P3Ds.

I looked at a 2020 LR M3 leftover in Scottsdale, but it was only $1,500 below MSRP. I called dealer, and they said they can't negotiate pricing; what it says on the Tesla website, that's it. They immediately rejected my offer of our trade (in immaculate condition) at CarMax value, like they accepted before (same reason), so no way I'd give it away at what they were offering (about $3K less). With the 2021 improvements, $1,500 is not even worth 1 year of depreciation, so if we decide on an EV, we'd be much better off paying $1,500 more for a 2021. Not sure what to do with the trade, since we'd have to pay full taxes if sold privately. Tesla is now worse than a used car dealership, since with those you can at least negotiate. If we get a much better trade somewhere else, might wait for an EV one more car cycle. We'll see.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
I reached out to my local sales person I’ve been dealing with. His response was

“thanks for reaching out. I am still keeping you in mind for anything that may change but as of right now we do not anticipate any incentives to be offered.”

that being said, I highly doubt they would know if anything was going to be offered this early in the month. He wasn’t even sure if the 2021 had the laminated front glass even though people were posted photos with it on this forum, so take his text with a grain of salt.

FYI: just got a call from my local sales rep who said if I order/take delivery by end of year, they will include one year free supercharging.

he stated as long as the order was placed by tomorrow, they are confident it would be delivered by end of year.

I rarely use supercharging so it’s not super enticing but it’s better than nothing if I am planning on purchasing anyway

EDIT: it’s one year of free super charging, not unlimited. Post has been updated

Last edited:
I looked at a 2020 LR M3 leftover in Scottsdale, but it was only $1,500 below MSRP. I called dealer, and they said they can't negotiate pricing; what it says on the Tesla website, that's it. They immediately rejected my offer of our trade (in immaculate condition) at CarMax value, like they accepted before (same reason), so no way I'd give it away at what they were offering (about $3K less). With the 2021 improvements, $1,500 is not even worth 1 year of depreciation, so if we decide on an EV, we'd be much better off paying $1,500 more for a 2021. Not sure what to do with the trade, since we'd have to pay full taxes if sold privately. Tesla is now worse than a used car dealership, since with those you can at least negotiate. If we get a much better trade somewhere else, might wait for an EV one more car cycle. We'll see.

They don’t match carmax anymore.

Plus, as mentioned above (and elsewhere), Tesla is offering 1 year free supercharging on new M3/MY cars delivered before the end of the year.

I reserved my car in Sep and am still waiting on delivery. What are the odds that someone who now orders a car to take advantage of these incentives would get it in time?

Perhaps, these are aiming more towards S, X? Not sure if they’re undergoing the same back order situation.

I reserved my car in Sep and am still waiting on delivery. What are the odds that someone who now orders a car to take advantage of these incentives would get it in time?

Perhaps, these are aiming more towards S, X? Not sure if they’re undergoing the same back order situation.
If Tesla can logistically get you a car before the end of the year, you can bet they’ll move heaven and earth to try, even if you order today.

As for the supercharging incentives, it appears they are in fact directed ONLY at the 3/Y, S/X appear to be excluded.

I just read about this incentive on Teslarati - there they mention it’s for inventory cars. These are all 2020 - so this makes more sense now.
Yes, I think this offer is at least mostly for inventory cars. I imagine that the only way a custom order would work at this point would be if they happen to have a matching car in inventory or one already in production/being built.

Tesla does build a number of cars on spec in order to match with custom orders for faster delivery. That's how some people over time have been able to get custom order cars delivered within 2-3 weeks or so.

I'm confused about this free supercharging offer, so will ask. Some say 1,000 miles, others 1 year, plus it's also unclear if 2020s or all M3s. Anyway, if you get 1,000 free supercharger referral miles, would you keep them after the free year, assuming you get it? Curious about that. I'm waiting for a trade offer, but will probably pass on that. The Austin guy said if I order tomorrow, there's a 90% probability to get the car before the end of the year, since they're producing cars for the US like now. Does that sound like remotely true? Thx. Oh, it will be a M3 LR white/white.