Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ended up with X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You only get that with the PP right? I didnt get that option.
No need PP for that. The only door feature with PP is auto present when you approach.

My 2016 had auto present and I’ve disabled since after playing with it for the first month. There were couple issues with our usage - our car is parked inside the attached garage. I always carry my fob with me so whenever I walk pass the garage the door would open and scare the hell out of me. Another issue is my toddler always walk in front me to get in the car and as I approach the car the door would swing open hitting her. Last but not least, the door always fails to detect obstacles on angled parking spaces, which is how my kid’s school is set up. I’ve seen the door hitting the adjacent car in front of my eyes (luckily not the other owner’s eyes!)

Ordered my 2018 and did not hesitate to skip PP.

No need PP for that. The only door feature with PP is auto present when you approach.

My 2016 had auto present and I’ve disabled since after playing with it for the first month. There were couple issues with our usage - our car is parked inside the attached garage. I always carry my fob with me so whenever I walk pass the garage the door would open and scare the hell out of me. Another issue is my toddler always walk in front me to get in the car and as I approach the car the door would swing open hitting her. Last but not least, the door always fails to detect obstacles on angled parking spaces, which is how my kid’s school is set up. I’ve seen the door hitting the adjacent car in front of my eyes (luckily not the other owner’s eyes!)

Ordered my 2018 and did not hesitate to skip PP.

I wish everyone would stop ordering PP. That would prompt Telsa to update it to something that makes sense or split it back. I would like to have back seat warmers and the hepa filter, but not willing to pay $6k for that.

I wish everyone would stop ordering PP. That would prompt Telsa to update it to something that makes sense or split it back. I would like to have back seat warmers and the hepa filter, but not willing to pay $6k for that.

Exactly. It’s a bit of a joke right now.

* Auto-presenting doors that many people just end up disabling because of the risks and annoyances involved
* Bio-defense mode that can be duplicated with an inexpensive after-market HEPA filter
* Rear seat warmers that aren’t that beneficial given that you can pre-heat the cabin through the app
* Improved audio that while nice isn’t exactly necessary given the quality of the standard audio

All for the low price of $6000. I’m with you. They need to start offering more compelling features, or simply de-bundle them, as I’m sure they’d sell more.

* Auto-presenting doors that many people just end up disabling because of the risks and annoyances involved
* Bio-defense mode that can be duplicated with an inexpensive after-market HEPA filter
* Rear seat warmers that aren’t that beneficial given that you can pre-heat the cabin through the app
* Improved audio that while nice isn’t exactly necessary given the quality of the standard audio

All for the low price of $6000. I’m with you. They need to start offering more compelling features, or simply de-bundle them, as I’m sure they’d sell more.

They are extremely beneficial in cold climates in freezing weather where running the heater for an hour can suck up 20+ or more rated miles...

They are extremely beneficial in cold climates in freezing weather where running the heater for an hour can suck up 20+ or more rated miles...

This is the reason I want them. While i lack hands on experience, every post i've read has indicated the seat warmers to be more energy efficient than cabin heat, thus helping increase (or rather maintain) range in the winter.

Reactions: xyeahtony

Especially true when comparing this to the model 3's PUP. For $5k you get leather seats, power folding mirrors, power seats, premium audio, seat warmers, glass roof, a center console and a wood trim.

Problem is a lot of people are willing to pay $6k which gives Tesla no incentive to split this up.

Especially true when comparing this to the model 3's PUP. For $5k you get leather seats, power folding mirrors, power seats, premium audio, seat warmers, glass roof, a center console and a wood trim.

Problem is a lot of people are willing to pay $6k which gives Tesla no incentive to split this up.

I think it is more about simplifying the factory line. More one off options slow production.

Well i started with a M3 res, but i didnt like it when I drove it. Ordered an S, but after one day the wife said we should have another suv for the kids too. So cancelled the S and now somehow instead of a M3 for my commuter car now we end up with a 7 seater SUV. Still have 1 day to change my mind again. :confused:
I'm a fan of 6 seater over 5 or 7. The 2nd row is heavy so it's hard to move forward or backward. It's not motorized. So if you need 6 seats and plan to use 6th more frequently it's going to be a bit time consuming to get one or two people into the 3rd row.
On the other hand with 6 seater you can press just one button for easy entry to the 3rd row.

We had an M3 reservation, but then we test drove the Model X. Since the 75D had plenty enough range for us, we ordered it the next day. Midnight Silver Metalic w/ cream seats were the only 2 options. We got $1000 off and free Supercharging by using a referral in September. Since receiving our MX in December, we've made 3 longer roadtrips, and we love it.

A thought on the new oak trim. We normally associate golden oak with cheap cabinets, made popular during the 1980's. One alternative to the oak trim might be to order it and then offer a trade to a forum member, since other folks seem to like them. You could always get them wrapped, I suppose.

More options on the S/X would be nice after all these years.

Reactions: IdaX
We had an M3 reservation, but then we test drove the Model X. Since the 75D had plenty enough range for us, we ordered it the next day. Midnight Silver Metalic w/ cream seats were the only 2 options. We got $1000 off and free Supercharging by using a referral in September. Since receiving our MX in December, we've made 3 longer roadtrips, and we love it.

A thought on the new oak trim. We normally associate golden oak with cheap cabinets, made popular during the 1980's. One alternative to the oak trim might be to order it and then offer a trade to a forum member, since other folks seem to like them. You could always get them wrapped, I suppose.

More options on the S/X would be nice after all these years.

for road trips, what kind of real world range are you getting? i presume i would drive 80mph on road trips, not the 55-65 recommended for maximum range. would have to leave about 10% for leeway, so i'm thinking only around 180-200mi? that's not much and a lot of suprecharging.

regarding oak, it reminds me of cheap ikea cabinets. not a fan.