TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ended up with X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dethman, May 11, 2018.

1. dethman

dethman Member

Well i started with a M3 res, but i didnt like it when I drove it. Ordered an S, but after one day the wife said we should have another suv for the kids too. So cancelled the S and now somehow instead of a M3 for my commuter car now we end up with a 7 seater SUV. Still have 1 day to change my mind again. :confused:

• Like x 8
    • Funny x 3
  2. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

Pick a car, any car...

Do you own a business? If you do, the tax impact of the X turns it into a no brainer.

3. manyarg

manyarg Member

Similar to my own story. Model 3 res on day one, always liked the S but decided it was not worth the cost difference.

After a recent change in my commute I started to grow impatient for not having a car and decided ro visit the showroom to compare the 3 and the S.

After looking at both right next to each other, I realized that I really wanted an S. Talked to a sales advisor who offered to look for inventory cars matching what u was looking for, she found the exact same combination (color, interior, autopilot), except it was a model X.

Spent a day looking investigating and comparing the S and the X. Did a 24 hrs test drive of the X, ordered an X (not the inventory one because of MCU 2). Spent up to the last second of my order being confirmed thinking back of the X and the S.

Waiting on my X for the last month and a half, still holding unto my model 3 reservation in case I change my mind.

Truth is you can't go wrong with any Tesla :)

• Like x 4
  4. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Downsize to 6 seats. :)

• Like x 1
  5. onlinespending

Welcome to the club man. I think you went with the superior option :)

• Like x 1
  6. dethman

dethman Member

Still not over the loss of sleek lines of the S sitting on 21's.

I kept telling my wife the X looks like an egg so she just got the blue one instead. o_O

7. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

This unless you need the 7th seat....

Will have two X’s by next month (first one two years old). Both are 6-seaters and the new one will have the center console.

Really happy made we went with 6-seat decision both for traveling and visibility.

8. dethman

dethman Member

Hard to get over an extra 3k for the missing center seat though i agree it does make the car more open.

Still between the ultra white which we ordered and the cream, which i like better other than the terrible oak trim. I want the old figured ash.

• Like x 1
  9. dethman

dethman Member

I do have a business but it would honestly be hard to justify and document at least 50% business use of the vehicle.

10. onlinespending

#10 onlinespending, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    I agree. You can always fold down some of the seats for more openness, as it’s a 60/40 split with the 2nd row. 7 also allows you to fold all rows down for extra cargo space, which I believe the 6 seater does not. All seat upgrades get the back hvac zone, which is nice. So it just seems like the 7 seater for $3k less is a no brainer. But obviously it’s a matter of taste.

Get the cream with carbon fiber. I was worried it’d be too “masculine” and not as refined as the wood, but it’s a nice mix of dark and light, so holds the cream with the darker accents well. Cream has the benefit of the light headliner, giving a more open, airy feel to the cabin, while the white has a black headliner.

Midnight Silver X with Cream Interior

• Like x 1
  11. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Okay, so you are no longer sitting on 21 either. It happens.

But it seems you do have a smart, funny lady.

And she knows her eggs: List of egg dishes - Wikipedia

12. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

Be careful. The 5 and 7 passenger seats fold flat. The 6 do not.

• Like x 3
  13. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Agreed. Stick with 5 or 7 seats. As functional as the 6 seater is, I prefer a folding second row.

14. manyarg

manyarg Member

I know..... everytime I see an S i can't help but think I made the wrong choice. The S looks better, has better range, accelerates faster and costs less. The X has more space, the awesome windshield, can tow and has many little cool details that I could not resist like motorized doors, christmas light show, touch dome lamps and the falcon wing doors. There is no wrong choice.

• Like x 1
  15. dethman

dethman Member

That actually looks pretty good.

16. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

The X's drivers door also closes automatically when you step on the brake. Idk about the rest of you, but thats pretty awesome.

17. dethman

dethman Member

You only get that with the PP right? I didnt get that option.

18. manyarg

manyarg Member

Also, if you do have an SUV already and you are not trading it in, then
    Indeed it is. Just the little things. If the S had all of these I would have gone S no doubt.

19. manyarg

manyarg Member

BTW, seems no one has brought this up, but I hope you used a referral code for the supercharging. If you didn't, I could help.

20. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

PP has self-presenting doors, which open automatically when you walk up to them. All Model X-es however have motor-actuated front doors, so AFAIK they are still electronically controlled.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1