Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ended up with X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar to my own story. Model 3 res on day one, always liked the S but decided it was not worth the cost difference.

After a recent change in my commute I started to grow impatient for not having a car and decided ro visit the showroom to compare the 3 and the S.

After looking at both right next to each other, I realized that I really wanted an S. Talked to a sales advisor who offered to look for inventory cars matching what u was looking for, she found the exact same combination (color, interior, autopilot), except it was a model X.

Spent a day looking investigating and comparing the S and the X. Did a 24 hrs test drive of the X, ordered an X (not the inventory one because of MCU 2). Spent up to the last second of my order being confirmed thinking back of the X and the S.

Waiting on my X for the last month and a half, still holding unto my model 3 reservation in case I change my mind.

Truth is you can't go wrong with any Tesla :)

Similar to my own story. Model 3 res on day one, always liked the S but decided it was not worth the cost difference.

After a recent change in my commute I started to grow impatient for not having a car and decided ro visit the showroom to compare the 3 and the S.

After looking at both right next to each other, I realized that I really wanted an S. Talked to a sales advisor who offered to look for inventory cars matching what u was looking for, she found the exact same combination (color, interior, autopilot), except it was a model X.

Spent a day looking investigating and comparing the S and the X. Did a 24 hrs test drive of the X, ordered an X (not the inventory one because of MCU 2). Spent up to the last second of my order being confirmed thinking back of the X and the S.

Waiting on my X for the last month and a half, still holding unto my model 3 reservation in case I change my mind.

Truth is you can't go wrong with any Tesla :)

Still not over the loss of sleek lines of the S sitting on 21's.

I kept telling my wife the X looks like an egg so she just got the blue one instead. o_O

Hard to get over an extra 3k for the missing center seat though i agree it does make the car more open.

I agree. You can always fold down some of the seats for more openness, as it’s a 60/40 split with the 2nd row. 7 also allows you to fold all rows down for extra cargo space, which I believe the 6 seater does not. All seat upgrades get the back hvac zone, which is nice. So it just seems like the 7 seater for $3k less is a no brainer. But obviously it’s a matter of taste.

Still between the ultra white which we ordered and the cream, which i like better other than the terrible oak trim. I want the old figured ash.

Get the cream with carbon fiber. I was worried it’d be too “masculine” and not as refined as the wood, but it’s a nice mix of dark and light, so holds the cream with the darker accents well. Cream has the benefit of the light headliner, giving a more open, airy feel to the cabin, while the white has a black headliner.

Midnight Silver X with Cream Interior

Last edited:
Reactions: dethman
Still not over the loss of sleek lines of the S sitting on 21's.

I kept telling my wife the X looks like an egg so she just got the blue one instead. o_O

I know..... everytime I see an S i can't help but think I made the wrong choice. The S looks better, has better range, accelerates faster and costs less. The X has more space, the awesome windshield, can tow and has many little cool details that I could not resist like motorized doors, christmas light show, touch dome lamps and the falcon wing doors. There is no wrong choice.

Reactions: dethman
Get the cream with carbon fiber. I was worried it’d be too “masculine” and not as refined as the wood, but it’s a nice mix of dark and light, so holds the cream with the darker accents well. Cream has the benefit of the light headliner, giving a more open, airy feel to the cabin, while the white has a black headliner.

Midnight Silver X with Cream Interior

That actually looks pretty good.

I know..... everytime I see an S i can't help but think I made the wrong choice. The S looks better, has better range, accelerates faster and costs less. The X has more space, the awesome windshield, can tow and has many little cool details that I could not resist like motorized doors, christmas light show, touch dome lamps and the falcon wing doors. There is no wrong choice.

The X's drivers door also closes automatically when you step on the brake. Idk about the rest of you, but thats pretty awesome.