Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy app equivalent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of a mobile app or a web site that logs information similar to that in the energy app and/or the consumption tab in the lower left corner of the monitor?

I started playing with the Tesla JSON API tonight, and I think it's possible, but it may not be as accurate as the numbers shown in the consumption tab. Furthermore, the client may need to sample the charge state and the vehicle state, because the streaming API doesn't seem to provide info on energy consumption (there is a 'power' field, but it's unclear to me what unit it's in).

Your insight would be appreciated.

I've used both TeslaFi (best web-based tool) and Stats, but am not a fan of TeslaFi's drain by doing the constant polling. You can set the polling intervals, and define sleep times, but it's still just a bit much of a drain for me to justify. I've seen no drain from Stats and prefer the mobile app interface. TeslaFi does have more data to geek out on. Just depends on what info you're looking for, and how granular you need that data.