Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid V11 Energy App missing

rblim

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2015
Point Richmond, CA
I was perusing the Model S Plaid (refresh) Manual and noticed there is no mention of the Energy App. Does anyone have knowledge that it still exists? I remember the early M3's didn't have it, but it was later added via software update.

]I have found it very useful on long distance trips. The app that displays wh/mi consumption used over the last 5,10 30 miles etc., and also provided an energy consumption graph on the "Trip" tab when Navigation was used. Very useful to monitor battery consumption at higher speeds and dealing with headwinds ensuring destination could be reached. I have a refresh MX on order (now delayed until September), trading in my 2017 MX which replaced my 2015 MS. Love these cars!

billarnett

Nov 15, 2008
Emerald Hills CA
I noticed the same thing on Ryan Shaw’s YouTube review. I hope it’s just something temporary. The trip energy use estimation is my main tool for planning charging stops. I’ve always found it to be just slightly conservative but immensely useful. Tesla: please bring it back!!

Reactions: ediflyer

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
Thats what I love about this place
Folks worrying about stuff they will likely never be impacted by.
By next week there could potentially be almost 100 of these cars on the road - the owners of which couldn't give a second thought if <insert feature here> was currently available.
Most current owners got it to go really fast and have the latest toy.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
I was perusing the Model S Plaid (refresh) Manual and noticed there is no mention of the Energy App. Does anyone have knowledge that it still exists? I remember the early M3's didn't have it, but it was later added via software update.

]I have found it very useful on long distance trips. The app that displays wh/mi consumption used over the last 5,10 30 miles etc., and also provided an energy consumption graph on the "Trip" tab when Navigation was used. Very useful to monitor battery consumption at higher speeds and dealing with headwinds ensuring destination could be reached. I have a refresh MX on order (now delayed until September), trading in my 2017 MX which replaced my 2015 MS. Love these cars!

You can estimate the battery capacity using that data too. See here:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC